We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT in retrospect Options

justine
#21 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Centre wrote:
More like fear personified!

I already forgot how terrible it is. This stuff is the archetypal scare the shit out of you and make you forget what happened so you will take it again so that it can scare the shit out of you again drug.
By the time you have come down you have already forgot what happened.

Well, maybe the amount of dmt you took for each trip was too much. Also, were you in a good set&setting ?

By the way, try not to generalize your experience, which is definitely not the norm.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Newfound_wonder
#22 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:00:51 PM

Harvie Krumpet

The Centre wrote:

I just took a minute quantity of spice and suddenly remembered. INSTANT DEJAVU.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Sad How much is a minute quantity of spice? How many mgs? Was it smoked or pharma? Was it your first dose or was it during the comedown of a previous trip?
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

enrey
#23 Posted : 10/29/2010 2:49:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

joebono, ask yourself if you fear of anything.. it seems to me that you are so sure about yourself that you don't fear, you know how to kill fear instantly.. it doesn't mean that you can't prettend to be feared, or your body does not get a jolt of fear in dangerous situation.. i mean that you don't fear of thinking about anything, you are clear through and through, fear can't affect your desicions anymore. dmt may have helped you getting into this state. well it is very joyful state but it also brings up impatience... in one of your posts you said you know there are no ultimate answers to anything and you stopped trying... but to know "there are no ultimate answers" is one of the ultimate answers... paradox isn't it? but somehow true.. the trick is not to stop trying, or to start trying again to find ultimate answers, in spite of the fact that there are no ultimate answers... you seem to me very impatient, impatience can still affect your desicions and you can make big mistakes, but you won't be feared of them. but maybe i am wrong and this whole post is peace of bullshit..it's up to you... Think of this, patiently, and thoroughtly, you don't fear so thinking can't harm you.. true ?

ohayoco
#24 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:26:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The Centre wrote:
it did some weird ass shit to my penis. It was shrunken but stiff on the inside, but soft on the inside.

Ok this wins the award for the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site.

Whereas Vovin's before and after shots are the best advert for DMT I've ever seen. Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

moyshekapoyre
#25 Posted : 11/14/2010 9:14:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I condemned ayahuasca myself after the first time I did it. It was the most incredible experience of my life, yet I felt it had no meaning and therefore was a waste of my time. One or two months later, I believe that ayahuasca is incredibly beneficial for me every time I do it. It is not just an antidepressant or a "high" like marijuana that makes no sense. Instead, ayahuasca makes me appreciate life like never before due to making me think that I am dead for a few hours. It also makes me smarter, more creative, more curious, physically stronger, more interested in perfecting myself and world, and more optimistic about my chances of doing so. All of those are mostly temporary effects (48hrs), but they endure somewhat as well, and anyway, once you get the ball rolling with your optimism, it often just keeps going... for example you embark on a project or you begin making friends with someone, and even after the aya afterglow wears off, you are still in the middle of something of value that you would never have had the enthusiasm to begin if it weren't for the aya.

Before ayahuasca, I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. I thought maybe I should just work minimum wage jobs forever. Now I know exactly what I want. I want to be a neuroscientist and find out how to make a "brain-net." And yes, even after weeks of no ayahuasca, this idea still resonates with me.

The only downsides to aya that I've found are that I am slipping into a bit of benign magical thinking, and I cannot imagine having a girlfriend who doesn't do aya with me. Oh yeah and the other thing is that I am trying to get everyone to do it, which makes me feel like I will eventually be going to jail... although I always did think I'd end up in jail for my political views/actions, so this doesn't bother me so much.

MindInfoRreality
#26 Posted : 11/30/2010 8:18:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Joebono,
.. ... ..
I am soo glad to hear that YOU are happy and content with where you are now.

That's great. Keep it that way!

I can understand to a great extent where you are coming from when you talk about DMT being a ungratefull, deceiving bitch. ..but only in terms of my dependence or abuse with other mind/mood altering substances.
---(You see, I have recently come to terms with the fact that I was riding on a downward spiral into the depths of addiciton. "Luckily," the cops busted me with paraphinelia and I eventually was sent to, well a rehab facility. Shame on me.. for real. But I have hopes to stay clean, now, which I had never imagined myself having.)---

I think you may have to realize that other people can use psychoactive substances and continue to make progress in their lives, maybe not so often with say crack or heroin, yet I wouldn't project my hardships with the ABUSE of drugs onto the drug itself, its the way I react to the effects it has on me. I cannot successfully use narcotics anymore because my mind assimilates the 'high' with an obsessive/compulsive complex that makes me desire to use more, and everyday. --(Besides my whole theory that becomming under the influence involves your rational/intellectual frame of mind to be overwhelmed by your emotions, meaning you really are under the spell of the chemicals)--

The same must have been happening to you with DMT. I am sorry to hear that you found yourself wanting to use the spice more and more. Its a very depressing experience to fall under the grips of YOUR OWN ILLUSION THAT YOU NEED OR WANT A CHEMICAL. It's not the chemical man. It seems that you were using DMT as an escape. Maybe you need to be self-fullfilling before you EVER attempt to injest or smke DMT again. these are just suggestions

My issue stands on these boundaries .. What to do, what to think, if you ARE a "drug-addict" but you want the spiritual compensation that DMT supposedly brings?

Does it help guide many people in their spiritual journey?

Can I find the same closure in everyday life?

Would it be wrong to "lie" and say I was clean if I used DMT for all the right reasons and held off on making any emotional connections to the aurora or the "high"?

Should I meditate instead? Is the DMT experience an interpolation of meditating, and to counter that could you consider it to be a cop-out?

Should I then build a foundation of meditation and then POSSIBLY incorporate the DMT experience as an extension of that mind-state?
This is the place.

bindu
#27 Posted : 7/19/2011 1:25:21 PM

Dear Mr Joebono,

im very glad that you have come to a new realization in life and that you direct your focus to what is really important to you. To see what is our true path we need to step on the wrong ones for us time and time again until we find our direct way to hurray.

In any case, i will never forgive you for throwing away a lifetime supply of spice and
I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without it

just kidding, all cool

very good information, will most likely help a lot of people to sober up and find their way earlier.
blessed be all forms of intelligence

cave paintings
#28 Posted : 8/3/2011 5:41:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Centre wrote:
More like fear personified!

I already forgot how terrible it is. This stuff is the archetypal scare the shit out of you and make you forget what happened so you will take it again so that it can scare the shit out of you again drug.
By the time you have come down you have already forgot what happened.

Are you joking?
Living to Give

۩
#29 Posted : 8/3/2011 5:42:37 AM

Some people just do not have the mind for the rapid flow of hyperspace.

That's OK. Drink some ayahuasca.

Apoc
#30 Posted : 8/3/2011 7:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:

lol. Snap. I don't know... ayahuasca can provide a prolonged assault.

RayOfLight
#31 Posted : 8/13/2011 3:19:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed that psychedelics can be a catalyst for a lot of people to make positive changes, especially when it comes to how people take care of themselves and treat others.

not saying that happens to everyone but it happens to enough people for me to consider it a valid medicine.

If it didn't do any good for me and made me want to trip all the time I wouldn't do it either.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

jamie
#32 Posted : 8/13/2011 5:11:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Apoc wrote:
۩ wrote:

Drink more ayahausca..ayahuasca makes smoked DMT look like a water pistol when you take enough of it..It can and will do everything smoked DMT can do except you stay there for much much longer..
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#33 Posted : 8/13/2011 2:56:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Apoc wrote:
۩ wrote:

Drink more ayahausca..ayahuasca makes smoked DMT look like a water pistol when you take enough of it..It can and will do everything smoked DMT can do except you stay there for much much longer..

It’s not a contest. DMT effects are related to dose. So whether you get the dose via your lungs or your stomach, how intense it can be depends on how much was consumed: a low-dose aya/pharma experience is “milder” than a high-dose vaporized experience, and vice versa. Of course, it’s easier to consume a dangerously high dose via aya/pharma than it is to vaporize one, but hopefully no one in our community is seeking out dangerously high doses of anything.

The longer duration of aya/pharma isn’t always a good thing. Sometimes longer just means longer, not better. Sometimes longer means grueling and wanting it to end. Sometimes longer means boredom.

And I find that with high dose vaporized experiences (with sublingual harmalas), there is a timelessness and extreme time dilation – an experience that seems to go on for hours in actuality takes place in 10-15 minutes. (I had just such an experience last night – my first deep breakthrough in quite a while.)

Aya/pharma and vaporized DMT are both valuable and worth experiencing. I don’t see one as better than the other.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

PREV12