We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Pharmahuasca Options

lebmug
#101 Posted : 8/16/2009 6:22:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh wow we had no idea flowing visions shipped here! Is this a recent development? Well either way it's all good Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Otiliya
#102 Posted : 8/16/2009 8:45:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

omg 69ron blew my mind away, again. SWIM will post results on this for sure. *scared*

polytrip
#103 Posted : 8/16/2009 10:17:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
lebmug wrote:
69ron wrote:
Sometimes with pharmahuasca you don’t feel anything at all for the first 30 minutes and then wham! So be careful about taking another dose before 30 minutes pass. Pharmahuasca can be one of the most intense experiences a person can have.

SWIM knows this nowSmile with previous experiences, she's waited up to an hour after the initial dose and still experienced nothing although it seems that this was due to too low a dose of rue extract.

It's such a shame for her that she can't seem to get hold of THH in Europe!

Good luck with SWIY virola resin/THH experiment Smile

Besides pure THH or rue, there are many other ways.
I have never tried pure THH, so i cannot talk about that stuff, but i know that caapi is so much better then rue. There are many types of caapi vine or caapi extracts available in europe.
Standard caapi extracts work very well for me, since they're ussually rid from the stuff (fats, tannins or whatever) that causes nausea in some people.

And indeed, it can hit you realy fast..or it can take up to 90 minutes, it can come up slowly or immediately. And there's no way to predict this. it's a total mystery, i guess.

69ron
#104 Posted : 8/16/2009 10:31:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For SWIM, the most mysterious thing is that sometimes it comes on as soon as you swallow it. This is not placebo. While it seems impossible, it happens and many other people have reported it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#105 Posted : 8/17/2009 1:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had that experience as well. It happened only once and it was realy cool, because it realy gave me a DMT-launch feeling. I thought first that it had something to do with the dose, but i have tried to replicate this experience a view times and all those times it came on much later.
Nevertheless, i feel that brews with mimosa often seem to come on faster than brews with chacruna.

damiana
#106 Posted : 8/19/2009 4:11:05 AM

Cosmic Dragon

69ron wrote:
I'd recommend THH and pure DMT taken at the same time. That’s SWIM’s personal favorite ayahuasca-like experience.

200 mg of THH with 20 mg of DMT is enough for SWIM to have very decent visions. It's an amazing experience. The THH adds clarity to the experience. You feel supercharged, as if you have endless amounts of energy. Your mind is so clear and lucid. Thoughts come with amazing ease and clarity. It's fantastic.

If you have DMT in freebase form, it will not work well at all. The potency of it will drop. No one knows exactly why. For some reason it needs to be converted into a salt before using it orally for best results. To make a salt out of it you can use lemonade, orange juice, grade juice, pineapple juice, Tang, Coke, Pepsi, Seven-up, or even Kool Aid, anything that’s acidic will work. Coke is an excellent choice because it contains phosphoric acid and DMT will form DMT phosphate when mixed into it. DMT phosphate is one of the most potent forms of oral DMT. Again, no one knows exactly why, but certain forms of oral DMT work better than others.

TO 69ron and others, I may have something that can shine light onto why dmt phosphate is one of the most potent forms of dmt. I was taking a class with this great professor who told me that phosphoric acid found in soda's has been shown to cause psychoactive effects. So phosphoric acid itself is psycho active, which leads me to believe that dmt phosphate is so potent because phosphoric acid is adding to this, in some way that i don't understand completely. i am going to find the peer-reviewed scholarly article that states these results and attach it. hope this helps solve that. got a few questions though, (probably will post this question in the cactus area of the site also), is mescaline phosphate the most potent? is it toxic? can one use coca-cola instead of vinegar to salt out mescaline from d-limo? thanks

oh yeah, also, dose anyone know if dmt fumarate will convert to dmt phosphate when put into coca-cola? thanks again.
PEACE

69ron
#107 Posted : 8/19/2009 4:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phosphoric acid is psychoactive? That would explain it being added to coca cola, if it's true.

Coca-cola can be used, but you'd end up with a lot of junk from the coca-cola in your final product. The better way is to just add your extracted mescaline or DMT to your coca-cola when you're going to use it.

DMT fumarate, DMT acetate, DMT citrate, mescaline acetate, etc., will all form their phosphate salts if added to coca-cola provided there's enough phosphoric acid present in the soda because phosphoric acid is a stronger acid than fumaric acid, acetic acid, and citric acid. That will not happen with DMT HCl or mescaline HCl because hydrochloric acid is a stronger acid than phosphoric acid is.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#108 Posted : 8/19/2009 4:57:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a list of acids from strongest to weakest, it also gives their pKa value. A lower pKa means a stronger acid.

pKa - Acid
-8.0 - Hydrochloric Acid
1.27 - Oxalic acid
2.15 - Phosphoric acid
2.98 - L-Tartaric acid
3.03 - Fumaric Acid
3.15 - Citric acid
3.40 - DL-Malic acid
3.86 - L-(+)-Lactic acid
4.20 - Ascorbic acid
4.75 - Acetic acid

Infundibulum
#109 Posted : 8/19/2009 1:09:04 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Phosphoric acid is psychoactive? That would explain it being added to coca cola, if it's true.

Coca-cola can be used, but you'd end up with a lot of junk from the coca-cola in your final product. The better way is to just add your extracted mescaline or DMT to your coca-cola when you're going to use it.

DMT fumarate, DMT acetate, DMT citrate, mescaline acetate, etc., will all form their phosphate salts if added to coca-cola provided there's enough phosphoric acid present in the soda because phosphoric acid is a stronger acid than fumaric acid, acetic acid, and citric acid. That will not happen with DMT HCl or mescaline HCl because hydrochloric acid is a stronger acid than phosphoric acid is.

I do not think it is quite right. There are many factors not taken into account. The notion that the salt of a weak acid will turn into the salt of a stronger acid if the former comes in contact with this stronger acid is more complicated.

You say that dmt acetate will turn to dmt phosphate if it comes in contact with phosphoric acid. Acetic acid has a pKa of 4.76. Phosphoric acid however has three pKa values because it is a triprotic acid. Its pKas are 2.12, 7.21 and 12.67 respectively. What type of dmt-phosphate therefore forms if acetic acid comes in contact with dmt-acetate?

Or to make things more complicated, what is going to happen if dmt-fumarate (fumaric acid has 2 pKa values as a diprotic acid, 3.03 and 4.44). What happens then? Is it going to be a mixture of (dmt)-H2PO4, (dmt)2-HPO4, (dmt)3-PO4, mono-dmt fumarate and (di)dmt-fumarate?

It is hard to predict really and we are not in the solution to know. What we know however, is that in a solution with, say dmt-acetate and phosphoric acid dissolved, there is no notion of salt. There are dmt-H+ cations floating around, there are also CH3COO- anions floating around and there are H2PO4- anions floating around. This is no dmt-phosphate!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#110 Posted : 8/19/2009 8:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum, every text book I have states that a stronger acid can always unhook a weaker acid from an alkaloid. I don’t know where you got your strange ideas from. This is how you make mescaline HCl from mescaline acetate. You simply pour hydrochloric acid on mescaline acetate and it unhooks the acetic acid and the acetic acid evaporates away.

Even in solution this will happen. This simple test can prove it. Put mescaline acetate in water. There is no smell of acetic acid because it’s combined with the mescaline. Mescaline acetate is odorless. Now add just enough hydrochloric acid to the water to salt the mescaline. Now you smell acetic acid! Do it. It proves that what you're saying is wrong.

69ron
#111 Posted : 8/19/2009 8:39:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The same thing works with DMT acetate. You can easily form DMT fumarate in solution by added fumaric acid to a solution of DMT acetate. This releases acetic acid (vinegar) and the smell of vinegar becomes evident proving the reaction happens IN SOLUTION.

You can give all the theories about why this doesn’t happen, but in reality it does. You cannot smell vinegar in a solution of DMT acetate, but as soon as you add the fumaric acid, you can. That proves the acetic acid is released from the DMT acetate by the fumaric acid, and DMT fumarate is forming IN SOLUTION.

Try it out. Once you smell the vinegar, you know the reaction took place. You cannot argue with reality.

damiana
#112 Posted : 8/19/2009 9:19:10 PM

Cosmic Dragon

in regards to phosphoric acid being psychoactive, maybe that was stated incorrectly, I talked to the professor and he seems to forget where he found that. at any rate I found a rather unreliable online statement about phosphoric acid helping with mental fatigue. Also I readx somewhere that "one or more animal studies show brain and nervous system effects at moderate doses" of phosphoric acid. So i'm guessing it could be a combination of absorption rate and it's role in the brain. here is the link, its a fast read. Nerve-Debility
PEACE

Infundibulum
#113 Posted : 8/19/2009 9:23:55 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
The same thing works with DMT acetate. You can easily form DMT fumarate in solution by added fumaric acid to a solution of DMT acetate. This releases acetic acid (vinegar) and the smell of vinegar becomes evident proving the reaction happens IN SOLUTION.

Release of vinegary smell does not prove at all that dmt acetate converted to dmt-fumarate by addition of fumaric acid (or, say dmt-chloride by addition of hydrochloric acid. It just means that unionized acetic acid formed more rigorously and got released. This is no proof. One will need stronger evidence.

Acetic acid is a weal acid. It dissociates in water as this reaction:

CH3COOH + H2O <-> CH3COO- + H3O+. In pH above 4.76 you have more CH3COO- species and in pH lower than 4.76 you have more CH3COOH species. CH3COOH is more volatile, it can leave the solution and it can be smelled.

Now, consider dissolving dmt-acetate in water; one has DMT+ and CH3COO- floating around.

The CH3COO- species also reacts with water in this manner:
CH3COO- + H2O <-> CH2COOH + OH. This is very slow reaction and volatile acetic acid (CH3COOH) is released slowly. Addition of a stronger acid (say fumaric acid) will cause lowering of the pH, rapid conversion of CH3COO- species to CH3COOH and their evaporation. Hence the smell. In practise though, you have all these species in the solution:

Fumaric acid
ionized fumaric acid
dmt+
acetic acid
ionized acetic acid

69ron wrote:
You can give all the theories about why this doesn’t happen, but in reality it does. You cannot smell vinegar in a solution of DMT acetate, but as soon as you add the fumaric acid, you can. That proves the acetic acid is released from the DMT acetate by the fumaric acid, and DMT fumarate is forming IN SOLUTION.

I do not really like this way of arguing. I feel like you are pointing fingers. You are losing credibility from your peers.

I will stop this discussion here and I'll not respond to further replies from 69ron, thanks.

69ron
#114 Posted : 8/20/2009 3:23:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
69ron wrote:

Release of vinegary smell does not prove at all that dmt acetate converted to dmt-fumarate by addition of fumaric acid (or, say dmt-chloride by addition of hydrochloric acid. It just means that unionized acetic acid formed more rigorously and got released. This is no proof. One will need stronger evidence.

Of course that's proof. And here's more proof. The fumaric acid doesn't precipitate out of the water when it should because it's very poorly soluble in water. That means it reacted with the DMT. Do the test and see for yourself. Use just enough water to dissolve the DMT acetate and then add just enough fumaric acid to salt it. If it didn't happen exactly the way I say it happens, then the fumaric acid will precipitate out of the water and it does NOT. That is proof.

Infundibulum
#115 Posted : 8/20/2009 1:40:58 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:
69ron wrote:

Of course that's proof. And here's more proof. The fumaric acid doesn't precipitate out of the water when it should because it's very poorly soluble in water. That means it reacted with the DMT. Do the test and see for yourself. Use just enough water to dissolve the DMT acetate and then add just enough fumaric acid to salt it. If it didn't happen exactly the way I say it happens, then the fumaric acid will precipitate out of the water and it does NOT. That is proof.

Still this is not proof. Fumaric acid is poorly soluble because of its particular crystal structure. Presence of ions and changes in the ionic strength of a solution can affect the solubility. One needs to be careful with results' interpretations. SWIY's test does not show formation of dmt-fumarate. It shows that fumaric acid can be dissolved in a solution of dmt-acetate.

Can SWIY do the opposite? According to SWIY's theory if one dissolves dmt fumarate in solution then addition of HCl should precipitate out fumaric acid. SWIM will try this when he's got time.
[EDIT: SWIM tried this; he saturated water with dmt fumarate and then he added hydrochloric acid. Nothing precipitated. According to SWIY's theory, dmt-fumarate should have turned to dmt-chloride and fumaric acid should have precipitated out. This argues against what SWIY's claiming].

The bottom line is that I am not arguing whether dmt salts convert to each other when in contact with stronger acids. They do, even though things are more complicated. From SWIY's posts one gets the idea that, say, if one disolves dmt-fumarate in phosphoric acid and drinks it he's going to have a dmt-phosphate instead of a dmt-fumarate experience. This is not quite right. In practise, as I've said before, the notion of "salt" as an autonomous entity doesn not exist in solution. If one adds dmt-fumarate in phosphoric acid he'll get a soup with dmt kations, fumarate anions and phosphate anions. This is what one gets.

polytrip
#116 Posted : 8/20/2009 3:19:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what's known about salt in solutions? isn't this a sort of borderline type of phenomenon?
It would make sense to me that if you would have an imbalance between kations and anions, that something would precipitate.
I can imagine that in solution, this would be random.
But wouldn't this also differ with how saturated the water is?

If something has to precipitate, i can imagine that the salt that would be a stronger balance would prevail over the weaker balance.

But i'm no chemist. Just curious.

EDIT: i'm asking this because ions can move around so incredibly fast in water, so my question would be if there could be more interaction between ions in solution then you would expect if you would just see it as a solution instead of individual molecules whirling around.

Dorge
#117 Posted : 8/21/2009 2:52:04 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

69ron wrote:
No, that's actually a misconception when it comes to RIMAs. Harmala alkaloids are RIMAs. RIMAs are Reversible Inhibitors of MAO sub-type A. This means they only bind to MAO in the stomach for a very short period of time and are quickly released into the brain. As soon as you start feeling the effects of the harmalas, that means the MAOI effect in the stomach is quickly fading as they pass out of the stomach into the brain and are no longer working as MAOI compounds in the stomach. Keep in mind that harmala alkaloids are very short acting MAOI compounds and are easily released from MAO in the stomach. DMT is destroyed in the stomach, not the brain. So having harmala alkaloids in the brain doesn’t protect the DMT from destruction in the stomach. The DMT should be surrounded by harmala alkaloids while in the stomach otherwise it gets destroyed. So you’ll get better MAOI effects if you take the harmala alkaloids at the same time as the DMT. That’s why shamans do it that way. They’ve been doing it like that for centuries because it works better that way. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Do it exactly the way the shamans do it and you won’t need as much MAOI or as much DMT for very strong effects. One reason SWIM gets effects from 200 mg of THH and 20 mg of DMT orally is because he takes them at the same time. If the DMT is taken 30 minutes later you need a ton more DMT for it to work. Anyway, that’s how it is for SWIM. He tested this out last week. If he waits 30 minutes before taking the DMT he needs about 200 mg of DMT or he doesn’t even feel it.

Now, maybe it differs for others, but that’s how it is for SWIM.

NOTE: this only applies to RIMAs, and not to non-reversible MAOI compounds which permanently destroy MAO.

i know that this is slightly off topic... but its realy interesting non-the-less...
so yes mao gets inhibited in the gut when you drink harmals... but when you smoke them it bypasses the gut and goes dirrectly to the brain and preforms a simular action there...
dennis mckenna talked about this. if you smoke harmala based RIMAS they are going to preform a similar action in the brain allowing spice to last longer and preform a similar action though slightly more short lived then by introduing a rima to the gut along with spice to the gut.
i find this really fascinating.
and thus we find the changa response...

on a side note the non reversible maois do not PERMANENTLY destroy MAO, if they did then people would be fucked... there is just a slower rate in which the body recreates those enzymes that break things down, and it takes a longer amount if time A RIMA does it on a temp basis which is why they are safer to work with, yet require more frequent administration.
but i think you knew that but the phrasing was a bit off.... the body will readjust eventually to establishing mao in time... much like how the body does when antibiotics are introduced to the body.

Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Infundibulum
#118 Posted : 8/21/2009 5:53:54 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

polytrip wrote:
what's known about salt in solutions? isn't this a sort of borderline type of phenomenon?
It would make sense to me that if you would have an imbalance between kations and anions, that something would precipitate.
I can imagine that in solution, this would be random.
But wouldn't this also differ with how saturated the water is?

If something has to precipitate, i can imagine that the salt that would be a stronger balance would prevail over the weaker balance.

But i'm no chemist. Just curious.

EDIT: i'm asking this because ions can move around so incredibly fast in water, so my question would be if there could be more interaction between ions in solution then you would expect if you would just see it as a solution instead of individual molecules whirling around.

Hi polytrip,

Sorry for the late reply to this. Actually I cannot understand what you're trying to say (or I might be misinterpreting!)

polytrip
#119 Posted : 8/21/2009 8:27:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, as i understand it, the reactions that an acid and base generate in water, also occur in water naturally;in water, the electronpairs of oxygen that are not 'being used' can bind an H+ ion so that you have H30+ and OH. So this happens in water anyway, without adding anything and when the temperature rises this happens more frequently, so that you have more ions and thus a new balance occurs. Therefore, as i understand it, the PH of water slightly changes with it's temperature. (higher temp, lower PH)
Also these H+ ions can move through water, incredibly fast. Jumping from one molecule to the next.

So if you add a substance in a solution to wich the ions in the solution would have a stronger bind than to water, i mean; a substance that if it would form a salt with one of the substances in the solution, would have a low sollubility in water? could those ions, rapidly moving around come into contact with eachother so that the salt that would form would precipitate?
EDIT: in this case the opposite would ofcourse be more relevant. Could, if you have a solution of a salt that just has a low sollubility and you would add a substance that would, if it would be a salt, be a salt with high solubility, the ions that bind poorly to water, precipitate?

69ron
#120 Posted : 8/23/2009 9:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Can SWIY do the opposite? According to SWIY's theory if one dissolves dmt fumarate in solution then addition of HCl should precipitate out fumaric acid. SWIM will try this when he's got time.
[EDIT: SWIM tried this; he saturated water with dmt fumarate and then he added hydrochloric acid. Nothing precipitated. According to SWIY's theory, dmt-fumarate should have turned to dmt-chloride and fumaric acid should have precipitated out. This argues against what SWIY's claiming].

Interesting. SWIM will have to test that out.

How much time was given for it to precipitate? If it reacted, the fumaric acid should have precipitated out of the water after a while. I’d mix it for 24 hours and then let it sit for 24 hours more to be sure. These reactions aren’t instant and some are slower than others.

SWIM never tried that conversion. He’s only tried from acetate for fumarate and it definitely works. If you evaporate away the solution, you’re left with DMT fumarate which you can verify by weight.

SWIM also tried from mescaline acetate to mescaline hydrochloride this way and that also works without a doubt. It can easily be tested because mescaline hydrochloride is insoluble in acetone while mescaline acetate is soluble in it. So before conversion it’s soluble in acetone, but after conversion to mescaline hydrochloride and drying, it’s no longer soluble in acetone.

«PREV45678NEXT»