We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
cleaning GVG Options

ragabr
#1 Posted : 5/22/2010 9:38:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's GVG has built up a hardy amount of... resin (?) throughout the body and she was planning on cleaning it. At first she was just going to soak in IPA and flush, but I thought maybe she should save and evaporate, if any magic might hang around.

Thoughts?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 5/22/2010 9:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ye it happens to me too when I dont clean it everytime. Whatever you clean, evap that solvent and smoke the goodness, there is some n-oxide there.

I now tend to clean my GVG every 2 journeys or so.

ragabr
#3 Posted : 5/22/2010 11:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you gammagore!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

BGTM236
#4 Posted : 5/31/2010 9:06:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I rinse in heptane, then evap the heptane. Depending on how many times you have smoked between cleaning, how pure your spice is, or what else youve been smoking in it ie. Changa, you may have to do a second rinse in acetone. It has a lower boiling point and holds more particles per ml. After an acetone rinse your GVG will be like new.

gammagore
#5 Posted : 5/31/2010 10:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the GVG is REALLY dirty, one can use alcohol and salt.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 5/31/2010 10:15:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a question for the masses: Do you remove your screens before flushing, or no? If not, is it possible for trace amounts of acetone to become trapped between multiple screens? Would a good once over with a jet lighter take care of any trace solvents?

gammagore
#7 Posted : 5/31/2010 10:19:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always remove the screensSmile

Not sure weather there would be any trace amounts of acetone left between the screens,shouldnt be, unsell one used dirty acetone, you could always take them out with a screw, and dry properly, or just give them a burn, thats sure to get rid of any trace amounts.

Madcap
#8 Posted : 6/1/2010 2:02:45 AM

illudium Q-36

I remove the screens. But, I will try it with them in and see how it goes.

But certainly evap your solvent (acetone works great!!)

Their was a good amount of serious magic in GVG last time it was cleaned. The majority of it appears to be n-oxide but its not at all sticky and their were tufts of impure crystals in the dish. I attempted redisolved it again in distilled water but not everything dissolved so I just let it evap again. I LOVE IT! Right now, I find it to be my favorite over full spectrum or pure white (although my tastes do shift) Anyway...there is most likely traces of the herbs from my changa as well... sort of a changa-hash.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

antrocles
#9 Posted : 6/1/2010 3:07:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i leave the screens in....i use 99% IPA and always evap the cleanings for an extremely potent n-oxide journey.

so good is the oxide, in fact, that i have gone from cleaning my GVG every couple journeys or so to cleaning it once a week (5+ journeys at least) just to ensure a nice yield of n-oxide.

art my brother from another mother- just put it under a fan for a day after cleaning it and that residual acetone will be long evaporated off. you can also just come get a little stash of 99% IPA from me. i just got some more and have a half bottle you are welcome to...

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

lorax
#10 Posted : 6/3/2010 5:44:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i just use water and pipe cleaners.. works very well.. hashish resin is usually a tough one tho. try filling the bent part with some water and heat it from underneath with a lighter to make the hashish boil.. most of it will dissolve into the water.

i'd like to mention that smoking/vaporizing freebases is very bad for the lungs. use ayahuasca.. it is the shamanistically approved way! also.. you get much more healing from it.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

timeloop
#11 Posted : 8/19/2010 9:16:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok so I have had a bit of a hit and miss relationship with my vapor genie but have decide to begin working with her again closely. It is usually when I am in a windy situation that I cant get a decent vap happenning.... just need to master the technique

So whats the go on cleaning this little baby?

I have got a decent amount of residue building up on the stem part of the pipe... I do clean it reguarly but there are some stubborn deposits that seem to have stuck...

So far I have tried boiling water, soapy water, vinegar, apple cidar vinegar... today I stopped short of pouring naptha or limonene in there, lol... but went out and bought some methylated spirits.... that should do the trick... havnt tried it yet...

So how do you clean your GVG? Im mainly interested in the most non toxic method.

Eden
#12 Posted : 8/19/2010 12:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Acetone makes quick work of any residue....and you can evap and collect afterwards.

edit: okay, here is another example of this:
Infundibulum wrote:
As it often happens often, things reach a plateau and this is happening now. With a few isolated examples I do not see much novelty around here lately and there is always the same issues discussed as well as the same questions being asked.

cleaning gvg

endlessness
#13 Posted : 8/19/2010 2:32:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

merged the threads.

Any alcohol (IPA, kitchen cleaning alcohol, ethanol of all kinds, even vodka, if you want non-toxic) should clean it perfectly, and if its warm, even better. Be careful how you warm any flammable solvent, though, never with open fire. Better with recently boiled water, in a water bath.

In the vaporgenie website they sell some pipe cleaning sticks, they are useful for aiding the alcohol cleaning of the stubborn residue. But if you just leave it soaking in alcohol for a while it should clean it perfectly anyways.

gibran2
#14 Posted : 8/19/2010 3:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’m surprised no one has mentioned vinegar, especially for the GVG. If you’re not interested in recovering the condensate, vinegar followed by a water rinse works great.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 8/19/2010 3:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned vinegar, especially for the GVG. If you’re not interested in recovering the condensate, vinegar followed by a water rinse works great.

timeloop wrote:
I do clean it reguarly but there are some stubborn deposits that seem to have stuck...

So far I have tried boiling water, soapy water, vinegar, apple cidar vinegar...

So how do you clean your GVG? Im mainly interested in the most non toxic method.

Smile

gibran2
#16 Posted : 8/19/2010 3:23:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

timeloop wrote:
I do clean it reguarly but there are some stubborn deposits that seem to have stuck...

So far I have tried boiling water, soapy water, vinegar, apple cidar vinegar...

Smile

OK, OK. I missed the one post that mentions vinegar. Embarrased

To answer the question, vinegar and alcohol are both nontoxic. I’d also say that it is important to clean frequently – before “stubborn” deposits have a chance to accumulate. I clean mine every other session.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

kyrolima
#17 Posted : 8/22/2010 3:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

test
elusive illusion

tele
#18 Posted : 1/15/2012 10:55:12 AM
Explorer

Old thread, but here's a question:
Usually I get crystal kind of yellowish condensation in the curve of the GVG, but this time I smoked alot in one session, and accidentally got one dose touching the glass side near the copper mesh, this resulted the melted DMT to drain into the curve.
This surprised me, that it was dark brown waxy liquid(had it before thugh). I then dissolved in acetone and scraped it, it hardened slightly, but is still very sticky dark brown stuff. It smells like DMT etc and I'm sure it's good, but what makes it change color so dramatically and why does it stay so sticky? And do you think it's oxidized DMT or something else? And does it possibly have different effects compared to "standard white freebase"?

Purges
#19 Posted : 1/15/2012 10:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its most likely to be N-oxide I think mate, smoalk it and see!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

tele
#20 Posted : 1/15/2012 2:04:58 PM
Explorer

Purges wrote:
Its most likely to be N-oxide I think mate, smoalk it and see!

I'll definately smoke it. But I wonder what makes the dramatic color change and why doesn't it harden properly?

12NEXT