We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Q21Q21's Teks using Vinegar + Lime Options

Apoc
#21 Posted : 7/29/2010 7:48:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think it would be ok to add both lye AND lime? The reason is to make sure the base is strong, but also to be a drytek so that separation of solvent is easy.

Suppose you do the vinegar + water thing and you have a acidic watery MHRB mix. Then you add some lye, not a hell of a lot, just enough to... "pre base" it. I imagine it would be watery enough to allow the lye to base well, and it would make the MHRB mix a bit pastier if you added too much water. This would make it a stronger base before adding the lime. Then you add lime until it's like a mud, and continue as normal. Does that sound like a cool idea?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

q21q21
#22 Posted : 7/29/2010 6:06:23 PM

SWIM

Apoc wrote:
Do you think it would be ok to add both lye AND lime? The reason is to make sure the base is strong, but also to be a drytek so that separation of solvent is easy.

Suppose you do the vinegar + water thing and you have a acidic watery MHRB mix. Then you add some lye, not a hell of a lot, just enough to... "pre base" it. I imagine it would be watery enough to allow the lye to base well, and it would make the MHRB mix a bit pastier if you added too much water. This would make it a stronger base before adding the lime. Then you add lime until it's like a mud, and continue as normal. Does that sound like a cool idea?

Considering yields from 1-2% are common without using the lye, with the purity being pure white with the naptha tek it would just be overkill and completely unnecessary.

Though it probably would work...
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

killuminati420
#23 Posted : 7/30/2010 2:18:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The whole point im gonna use this tek,...is to avoid nasty lye...sodium hydroxide is nasty...You can make lime(calcium hydroxide) organically yourself by getting some limestone(calcium carbonate) from the mountains, bashing it into a powder, and heat the limestone powder at EXTREMELY hot temps in a "kiln" until it converts it to calcium oxide....Then simply add water to the heated up limestone to turn the calcium oxide into calcium HYDRoxide...simple...

I dont even know how sodium hydroxide is made..? Could somebody inform me......

The only problem im having doing this tek is,..the "klean strip VM&P naphtha" i buy has impurities,...and i dont know what to use as the non-polar solvent that doesn;t have impurities....EVERYSINGLE solvent i have ever used from butane to naphtha has always had impurities...

The only 2 solvents that never had impurities that i have used would be 50% iso alc. and 95% grain alcohol....ONLY 2 solvents ive ever used without impurities...cant find any solvents that are clean??
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

nabster98
#24 Posted : 8/5/2010 1:33:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Will it effect the yields of the product if non distilled water were to be used? or is it only the ph that matters?
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

endlessness
#25 Posted : 8/5/2010 2:00:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

non-distilled water will make no difference in extractions, tap water works perfectly fine

Fernape
#26 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:46:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just used the Naphtha tek as their very first extraction. Great results, they think! 4 pulls due to a lack of glass pans.
The only note is that after they left it overnite, the first pull was very gooey and gross, and they noticed that the other pulls were very moist with what APPEARED to be water.
SWIM figure it was probably the moisture in their freezer, so they left them out of the freezer another night and the next day everything was great!
Oh, and the 3rd pull got ice in it when SWIM put it in the freezer. Still let the naphtha cool, and then they melted the ice out later and let it dry out. Ended up being the cleanest, least greasy pull of all. SWIM don't have a scale so I can't tell you how much they got out of it, but SWIM was personally quite surprised.

Entheojen
#27 Posted : 9/1/2010 8:29:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Can anyone confirm if these are suitable for the extraction? I've heard of a few people using the wrong type of lime or vinegar.

Asda Distilled Vinegar: The label on the vinegar doesn't say the acidity content.

B&Q Garden Lime

Thanks all.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

JustCas
#28 Posted : 9/3/2010 5:45:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My cat, Floyd, has been eager to try out this lime/limo tek for a while now and was waiting on delivery of his lime to get started.

The lime (Lime) finally arrived today, however, in his haste Floyd didn't notice that the ingredients included water, and that the pots are filled with a watery paste instead of a powder. Edit: on closer inspection it's actually a very thick, but wet, paste.

Will this affect the tek? Should he try and dry it out first (and if so how)?

Please de-confuzzle my pussy!

All my posts are on behalf of my cat Floyd, he has difficulty typing.

JustCas
#29 Posted : 9/3/2010 7:14:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Edit: nvm, a combination of google and common sense solved Floyd's problems. About time to start playing with fasw Very happy

killuminati420
#30 Posted : 9/4/2010 8:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how exactly will Floyd be crashing out the DMT from the limo? and is Floyd trying to base it in the end?
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

JustCas
#31 Posted : 9/4/2010 9:36:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
how exactly will Floyd be crashing out the DMT from the limo? and is Floyd trying to base it in the end?

He's following the BLAB tek to get the spice out, so Limo + FASW (no IPA to hand) then evapping to get the fumarate. He's aiming for a freebased final product so is going to try precipitating with sodium carbonate (again, a la BLAB); just waiting for the spicy water to evaporate at the moment so he can get to work on the freebasing.

A few stumbles so far since it';s his first crack at any sort of chemistry in about 10 years, but great fun nonetheless Very happy

Update; finished evapping the first load of FASW (stupid cat decided to start with his fourth, weak urine colour pull; the combined fasw from the first 3, concentrated urine colour, is taking ages to evaporate); yield was 1.2g fumarate [using 100g mhrb]. Although since it was the first attempt I'm sure there's some fumaric acid and some limo evaporates in there (the first try at separating the limo and fasw was incredibly cack-handed). The undoubtedly dirty fumarates (or as I like to call them; 'slutty fumarates'Pleased were then dissolved in some hot water, had a saturated sodium carbonate solution added and is now relaxing in the fridge pending precipitation. Meanwhile Floyd's itching to see how much fumarate comes from the three combined, cleaner pulls.

He says fumarate yield so far from 4 limo pulls on 100g mhrb is 3.9g (there's a 5th marinating in bark goo for a couple of days for good measure).

JustCas
#32 Posted : 9/8/2010 5:30:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Help!

Floyd tried to freebase the first lot (1.2g)of fumarates he extracted by dissolving them in hot water then adding a saturated solution of sodium carbonate and placing this in the fridge for four days to precipitate.

On adding the sodium carbonate to the fumarates there was a lot of clouding and the solution turned milky; sodium was added till no more clouding was seen, then a little more was added for good measure (a small scummy/oily layer formed on top). After the first day something seemed to be slowly precipitating, which was assumed to be a good sign. After four days the solution was about as clear as it seemed to want to get so he tried pouring the liquid off (this was done through a makeshift filter and over a dish so the water could be saved in case).

Now he has a tumbler, the sides of which have some small deposits but the bottom third of which is filled with a crystalline icy slush, slushy but clear shards, (He noticed this when looking at the glass last night but assumed that it was either just round the sides or his fridge was too cold and that leaving it out overnight before decanting would fix it) and a dish filled with water that seems to evaporate into a white, fairly powdery substance (tried a small amount overnight). He's also noticed at the bottom of the glass (under the ice) small clumps of a sort of off-white, wet substance (like when you wet a powder). The icy substance has been mostly decanted to dry out. [the whole thing smells faintly of limonene; unsurprising since it was from his first attempt at limo/fasw separation which was less than perfect]

What looks like a wet little ice crumb was scooped up and heated on a razor just out of interested; it instantly melted, then while bubbling and sizzling furiously (bits flying off kind of furiously) it gave off an unmistakeably spicy aroma but quickly stopped and left a white powdery residue which doesn't appear to burn [repeated this a couple of times each with the same result].

What has been done wrong? How does he clean this up? Seems there's freebase dmt in there but it's a bit of a confusing mess (way too much material for it to be pure for a start).

Help! The poor cat really wants to salvage this; there's spice in there somewhere!

UPDATE:
Botched end product was washed with acetone, which was then evaporated to leave oily yellowy/orangey deposits in which small crystals formed. Scraped up it became a dark good, with a bit of working between blades it ended up as a slightly waxy, tan substance. 0.210g freebase spice was recovered which smelled right and vaporised cleanly. Bugger.

Experiment was tried again, this time with the a/b stages performed much more carefully and naptha used instead of limo. After a few hours of work it started snowing in my freezer. Yield coming after final tally, looking good so far though.
This was a triumph. I'm making a note here; huge success.

Thanks q21q21!

neverwas
#33 Posted : 10/7/2010 2:10:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How large of a batch is this tek good for? Large scale extraction is something I'd like to try.
My name is love, for I am without fear

Swarupa
#34 Posted : 11/8/2010 6:10:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for putting this together, it look like a lovely tek. I will be trying. Smile

xibalbaNOW
#35 Posted : 12/16/2010 9:28:42 AM

The Giddy Aunt

Just wanted to express sincere gratitude for this excellent tek. Excellent work by some very smart people. Its simple, straightforward, and best of all its clean and non-toxic. SWIM is glad to be rid of caustic ingredients common in teks of yore!

SWIM particularly enjoyed the FASI process - using a torch light against the jar it was possible to watch the clouding of the d-lim and it was beautiful. Equally as beautiful was seeing the crystallisation of DMT fumarate appear on the jar overnight. SWIM has pics to share if there might be appreciation for it.

SWIM pulled ~8g of handsome DMT fumarate from 500g MHRB.

Freebasing using IceHouse's 10 min tek has not been quite so straightforward, but thats another story...

If anyone has advice on rescuing freebase from a saturated solution of DMT fumarate + sodium carbonate it would be warmly received! Might a solvent pull and freeze percip work...?
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

xibalbaNOW
#36 Posted : 12/16/2010 4:11:19 PM

The Giddy Aunt

Answered my own question and results on the 10 min tek thread here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...=200906&#post200906.
"buy the ticket, take the ride" HST

Red Eclipse
#37 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:13:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm wondering if this is possible, and what the outcome would be:

Q21Q21 Tek 2, Naphtha
dry out semi-spent MHRB completely of solvent
proceed to pull with d-limo,
salting out via BLAB's fumarate approach.

Naphtha pulls only white DMT, no? Warm pulls some oxides, I believe...?
So the semi-fullrange fumarates would be mostly oxides and jungle, with a bit of n,n,-dmt?

My question is would the fumarates crystallize fully since the white is mostly already pulled?
Any comments would be much appreciated. Looking to get the most from my bark Smile

edit: would another salt prove more stable? hydrochloride, maybe?

q21q21
#38 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:56:16 AM

SWIM

Red Eclipse wrote:
I'm wondering if this is possible, and what the outcome would be:

Q21Q21 Tek 2, Naphtha
dry out semi-spent MHRB completely of solvent
proceed to pull with d-limo,
salting out via BLAB's fumarate approach.

Naphtha pulls only white DMT, no? Warm pulls some oxides, I believe...?
So the semi-fullrange fumarates would be mostly oxides and jungle, with a bit of n,n,-dmt?

My question is would the fumarates crystallize fully since the white is mostly already pulled?
Any comments would be much appreciated. Looking to get the most from my bark Smile

edit: would another salt prove more stable? hydrochloride, maybe?

Jungle-DMT fumarates are solid unlike freebase and acetates. No worries there.

SWIM has done xylene/limonene pulls on naptha-pulled bark and has got like .3-.4% very active jungle DMT.
Pretty sure if a little naptha is still on the bark it shouldn't matter too much, SWIM's read about people using naptha/xylene mixes for FASA before resulting in darker-than-naptha and lighter-than-xylene fumarates without issue.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

Red Eclipse
#39 Posted : 3/28/2011 5:13:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Jungle-DMT fumarates are solid unlike freebase and acetates. No worries there.

SWIM has done xylene/limonene pulls on naptha-pulled bark and has got like .3-.4% very active jungle DMT.
Pretty sure if a little naptha is still on the bark it shouldn't matter too much, SWIM's read about people using naptha/xylene mixes for FASA before resulting in darker-than-naptha and lighter-than-xylene fumarates without issue.

Nice, this is what I was hoping to hear.
Thanks for the quick response.

I think I'll just do 3 naphtha pulls and get maybe 75-85%,
and follow up with d-limo. Might make for a nicer full spectrum.

q21q21
#40 Posted : 4/6/2011 10:48:14 PM

SWIM

Just updated the wiki with a table of contents (just learned how) and also a Common Issues/Troubleshooting section.
Nothing new in the tek procedures apart from recent clarifications and changes in wording.

Always accepting constructive criticisms on it though!

PREV123NEXT