We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
pissing contest Options

OpeningPandorasBox
#41 Posted : 5/7/2010 7:22:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to clarify are we comparing horizontal distance or the length of the stream itself?

Didn't mean to step on anyones toes early just submitting my opinion
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jbark
#42 Posted : 5/7/2010 7:41:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pissing contests can be fun, but someone always ends up with wet feet.

Unother dotable quotableVery happy

edit: Length of stream x distance squared, beginning from the orifice, not the source (unless they are one and the same, in order not to exclude our fairer halves!) , pandora's opening (oops)

SB-sounds like you've pissed with the best of 'em.
Glad i managed to get the thread back on topic!Cool

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

trancenut
#43 Posted : 6/11/2010 11:54:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This pissing - or even purging (!!!!!) contest is quite an intriguing thread for me.

As a newbie, swim tells me they have been increasing dosage to get to this "breakthrough" that seems to be a BUZZ :evil: word (sorry - couldn't resist the buzz to say that!).

Swim is learning that the experience of "breakthrough" is not neccessarily the same for everyone. Then we have the words. The words that have been used to describe someone elses breakthrough seem to make swim's (for example) experience of aya and spice/enhanced leaf at what SHOULD be a breakthrough dose not quite up to the mark by comparison and there starts the pissing contest.

This was leading swim to go for larger doses in order to get what he thought was a "breakthrough" dose. Although he eventually realised that he was actually breaking through at a reasonable and appropriate dosage for his body weight, mind type and other individual variations, it took a while to realise this. I don't think for one minute he was deliberately entering a "pissing contest" although it could have been at the back of his mind!

I wonder if in some cases at least, this isn't so much a pissing contest as much as a "breakthrough" contest, without realising it. And I wonder how many of us have "broken through" without knowing or labelling the experience as such.

The great thing, however, is that with sincere and positive motives, and the great support of the group/family/forum, the adjustment is made instinctively, naturally and safely. Eventually!

Perhaps the more more experienced swims out/in there could help with this. I read that "the map is not the territory" (science and sanity - korzybski). Just like the menu is not the food.

So how do we calibrate, if that is possible, an experience that is "definitely a breakthrough"??

Swim experiences his journeys on his own and tends to have a reflection of this in his "breakthrough", rarely encountering other life forms with his eyes open, but experiences the walls and ceilings dissolving into a totally new world, which appears to him to be vibrant, rich, alive and colourfull - but wait - those are just words ! They don't come close to describing the experience!

If I were to describe that as a "breakthrough" then if someone liked the description but couldn't yet get there, would it be interpreted as "not a large enough dose"?

Well, that "mindthread" has run out, for now.Shocked

So is it really a pissing contest? Maybe in some cases.

Searching for a breakthrough because of our different understandings of words ? possibly in some cases.

Some experienced input on this one would be greatly appreciatedStop

peace, love happiness and positive and progressive change (changa?!)

trancenut

jbark
#44 Posted : 6/12/2010 1:10:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

trancenut wrote:

Quote:
I read that "the map is not the territory" (science and sanity - korzybski). Just like the menu is not the food.

The map and the menu are mere signifiers. They "point" to the real place (or the real food!).

I am beginning to think that what we experience as reality is similarly no more than a signifier - a map that points to truth, but is not truth itself...

We are maps.

(and menus...?!!?)Wink

A little off topic, sorry. Couldn't resist.

Cheers,

JBArk the cartesian cartographer
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Alasdair
#45 Posted : 6/12/2010 12:21:04 PM

Alex

I used to smoke large doses of spice because i didnt know how much i was supposed to load. I would usually put .1 or

100 mg. but thanks to you fine people I have learned not to burn the spice and load between 40-50 mg (for me anyway)

I have a good idea! why dont we all just meet up and whip our dicks/vaginas out and have a real pissing contest.

acolon_5
#46 Posted : 6/12/2010 3:26:27 PM

The Great Namah

Ok, so I didn't have time to read through any of this thread, but I know what a pissing contest is.

With tape measure in hand I headed over to the flat empty parking lot last night.

18' 3" was the furhtest I could get, but I wasn't filled to the brim, so I may go for another tonight...gosh I hope I'm the longest pisser. We are talking legnth here, not time....cause I can keep it going for 2 minutes (yes I know I need to see a dr but it freaks people out in the bathroom when I start going "oh no, oh, oh, oh god, OH, OH NO!!!" a minute into it, and reminds me of Adam Sandler's old school comedy bit "longest piss"Pleased. A good way to clear a bathroom, even the stalls finish up damn quick and head out.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

polytrip
#47 Posted : 6/12/2010 5:16:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I have a hard time pissing, when the machine-elfs are watching me.

acolon_5
#48 Posted : 6/12/2010 5:28:59 PM

The Great Namah

polytrip wrote:

I didn't realize this was only to be done WHILE spicing, damn. I'm going to have to withdraw my #'s....no way on earth (or hyperspace) I could pee while hypersurfing.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

polytrip
#49 Posted : 6/12/2010 10:18:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
polytrip wrote:

I didn't realize this was only to be done WHILE spicing, damn. I'm going to have to withdraw my #'s....no way on earth (or hyperspace) I could pee while hypersurfing.

Yes, this is a SERIOUS pissing contest.

Virola78
#50 Posted : 6/13/2010 5:12:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you have noticed the yellow moon?

yea..

β€œThe most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

SnozzleBerry
#51 Posted : 6/13/2010 5:18:05 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Virola78 wrote:

yea..

ummmmmmm...did you not see the sun today?

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'...Cool
Wiki β€’ Attitude β€’ FAQ
The Nexian β€’ Nexus Research β€’ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם Χ–Χ” Χ™Χ’Χ‘Χ•Χ¨

Virola78
#52 Posted : 6/13/2010 5:29:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Virola78 wrote:

yea..

damn...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

polytrip
#53 Posted : 6/13/2010 4:39:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, turning the sun and the moon yellow is fun and all, but the ancient fine art of calligraphy-pissing, witch takes years of intensive training and guidance of a recognized calligraphy-pissing master, is for the more subtle minded and refined persons like myself. I once pissed the entire bible,the complete writings of plato and aristotle, all the works of shakespeare and goethe, and was just starting to do the complete history of mankind. But after "once upon a time there was a", i unfortunately ran out of fluid.....
BTW, did i mention that i also did the mona lisa and a rotated version of the sistine chapel ceiling?

kyrolima
#54 Posted : 6/13/2010 6:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:

The question that comes up for me is, if the nexus didn't exist, if there wasn't this outlet for folks to boast about doing this dose or that, would they even do it, or think about doing it?

This statement is very very true.
I'd like to read a warning in the noobs section.
Like " don't try to impress anybody by taking too much " !!

That would certainly help avoiding f*ckups.
I had several ones.
Now I see, where it led me to. This greediness doesn't help at all.

elusive illusion

tryptographer
#55 Posted : 6/13/2010 10:22:23 PM

tryptamine photographer

I can't believe I read this whole thread... it clearly belongs in the Tavern, with liters of beer around Pleased

I think the 'depth' of the experience depends as much on psychological resistance as dose. If resistance is high or the user is just not ready for the 'next level', even 100+ mg won't do the job.

The number of milligrams doesn't say anything about efficiency of the method and the time it's kept in the lungs. I can hold my breath for two minutes. When inhaling vapors this is reduced to 30-60 secs - long enough to not exhale anything... 20 mg is more than enough with harmalas in the bloodstream!

Virola78
#56 Posted : 6/16/2010 12:28:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tryptographer wrote:
I can't believe I read this whole thread... it clearly belongs in the Tavern, with liters of beer around Pleased

I think the 'depth' of the experience depends as much on psychological resistance as dose. If resistance is high or the user is just not ready for the 'next level', even 100+ mg won't do the job.

The number of milligrams doesn't say anything about efficiency of the method and the time it's kept in the lungs. I can hold my breath for two minutes. When inhaling vapors this is reduced to 30-60 secs - long enough to not exhale anything... 20 mg is more than enough with harmalas in the bloodstream!

Dude, you should be more careful when giving people advice.

This stuff is serious, one should not underestimate the power of stuff. Not all of us can hold their breath for like 2 minutes. Most of us would simply drown.

Also, I would like to point out 20mg vaporized could be very dangerous. There is no scientific data on the subject. Perhaps the heat will convert the chemicals into harmful chemicals that could harm the lungs. Even when one has drank lots of beer and the stuff is really crystal white, the vapors can cause unforeseen damage to lung tissue.

Virola78
#57 Posted : 6/16/2010 12:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Virola78 wrote:

yea..

Not to offend you my friend, but you are a liar. I did some research on the subject. As you can read for yourself, the sun is actually white (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun)

β€œThe Sun's color is white, although from the surface of the Earth it may appear yellow because of atmospheric scattering.”

Also I have learned the temperature of the surface of the sun is approx.5778 K (5505 °C; 9941 °F).
So in no way the color of the sun is the result of your pissing skills.

I am therefore still the winner of this contest.

Peace.

jbark
#58 Posted : 6/16/2010 1:56:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5778 is degrees kelvin, a measure of colour temperature, and does not correlate to ambient temperature. At close to 6000k, this means the sun is actually BLUE!! Our senses deceive once again....

Smile wink smile (no emoticons on my phone)

JBArk

SnozzleBerry
#59 Posted : 6/16/2010 4:04:21 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Virola78 wrote:

Not to offend you my friend, but you are a liar. I did some research on the subject. As you can read for yourself, the sun is actually white (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun)

I am therefore still the winner of this contest.

Peace.

Very happy

Now, admittedly I have not done any research (honestly, I think we can all agree that pissing contests are faaaaar better when no research is done and we stick to personal logic and ideologies Wink ) and what I'm about to say is pure speculation, but; Do you honestly expect me to believe that the sun appears yellow to us because of atmospheric scattering and that it's not the same phenomenon that causes the moon to occasionally appear yellow as well? I'd be willing to bet it's the same or a similar occurrence goin on there, buddy. Razz You sir, are a noogoodnick and a conman, a waver of red herrings in an ill-planned strategy of besmirchmant. I find your actions contemptible and shall ponder them as I resume pissing from East 34th street to the top of the Empire State Building.
Wiki β€’ Attitude β€’ FAQ
The Nexian β€’ Nexus Research β€’ The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם Χ–Χ” Χ™Χ’Χ‘Χ•Χ¨

acolon_5
#60 Posted : 6/16/2010 4:17:04 PM

The Great Namah

Mr_DMT wrote:

The question that comes up for me is, if the nexus didn't exist, if there wasn't this outlet for folks to boast about doing this dose or that, would they even do it, or think about doing it?

Yes, before internets people would brag to their friends, or anyone that would listen.

There has always been and always will be people who want to prove they can withstand more of (xxxxxx) than the next guy. Competition is human nature....

I don't think it's wise to bring competition to psycadelics though...plus I was enjoying where this thread was going...it's given me a few chuckles.

The Spice extends life

PREV12345NEXT