We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
growing large harmala hcl crystals Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 4/23/2010 11:02:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the reasons I never liked to have manske product is because of it's salt contamination and therefore unsure dosage. But now I think I might have stumbled upon a very simple way to separe it from the salt and on top of it grow some nice harmala hcl crystals

Basically what I did was to use just enough boiling water to redissolve the manske precipitation, and then let it cool slowly. The salt seems to stay dissolved in the water and the harmala hcl salts grow slowly as the water temperature drops. I guess the slower the drop, the bigger nicer crystals you will grow. This is what I got, with only couple of hours:

it was some beautiful fluffy thick long needle cloud inside the jar, and loads of formations on the walls. I wish I had a better camera:

At this point I hadnt separated harmine and harmaline yet, so it must be a mixture of both.

Note: I filtered the water and based it with sodium carb to see if there were dissolved alkaloids that were not precipitated as hcl, and the filtered tea did get cloudy, so this means not all alks were out.

Note 2: Before this I had already done one manske and 2 base precips, I dont know how pure it would be doing it in the first manske

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ThirdEyeVision
#2 Posted : 4/23/2010 11:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When my friend does the Manske after saturating the liquid with salt he lets it cool at room temp for several hours and gets tons of crystals that look just like that. Only problem he had was after filtering it all turned back to typical tan powder.

Harmala HCL's are highly water soluble so most would stay in solution if no salt is added, right?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/23/2010 11:46:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

really? whenever I made a manske and let it cool at room temp, it still never formed so nice crystals, was much more powdery, and also always with salt contamination.. Interesting!

when I filtered a little bit of it just to test, it wasnt becoming fine powdery.. I didnt let it dry till the end, I redissolved again, but it was looking fibery/hairy, with long needles, was quite interesting. In the container I hadnt scrapped the side crystals which were the nicest, they could have been dried by just pouring off water and letting it dry. These ones were the from the fiber-y cloud that was still floating (also letting stand for hours would have probably made it get together and grow nicer crystals, this was only a couple of hours)

The picture sucks but you can see a little bit, This is still very wet. I 'peeled' a bit of the fibers from the filter and put them together. In the picture its darker than it looked:

I should have let at least some dry to the end to see how it looked, but I ended up redissolving it all... Anyways experiment will be repeated some other time and played with, cleaning the harmalas even further and cooling the boiled water in water bath over many many hours and see how nice it can get Smile

does anybody knows other ways of growing/getting pure harmalas hcl or any other harmala salts?

plumsmooth
#4 Posted : 4/24/2010 12:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW, your saying that Harmaloids will form on a second Manske (in your case, manske, base, base, manske: experiement)
without the addition of additional salt. IS it some kind of dis-affinity in solution.

I always thought a good measure of salt contamination, was the alcohol re-X.
At least until harmala red forms.

I'm also curious what the salt contamination is at the exact Manske ratio 100/1000?

I'm also curious if even 100/1000 is more than enough to precipitate the Harmalas in general practice.

As suggested by your experiment.

Quote:
does anybody knows other ways of growing/getting pure harmalas hcl or any other harmala salts?

Actually I thought that would make for a few good experiments:

Re-X-ing Harmaloids in different acids with a food dehydrator on the lowest setting.

I was curious to see what Phosphates might look like re-x-ed using the minimum amount of Phosphoric Acid to re-dissolve the base harmalas.

ThirdEyeVision
#5 Posted : 4/24/2010 1:39:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
really? whenever I made a manske and let it cool at room temp, it still never formed so nice crystals, was much more powdery, and also always with salt contamination.. Interesting!

when I filtered a little bit of it just to test, it wasnt becoming fine powdery.. I didnt let it dry till the end, I redissolved again, but it was looking fibery/hairy, with long needles, was quite interesting. In the container I hadnt scrapped the side crystals which were the nicest, they could have been dried by just pouring off water and letting it dry. These ones were the from the fiber-y cloud that was still floating (also letting stand for hours would have probably made it get together and grow nicer crystals, this was only a couple of hours)

The picture sucks but you can see a little bit, This is still very wet. I 'peeled' a bit of the fibers from the filter and put them together. In the picture its darker than it looked:

I should have let at least some dry to the end to see how it looked, but I ended up redissolving it all... Anyways experiment will be repeated some other time and played with, cleaning the harmalas even further and cooling the boiled water in water bath over many many hours and see how nice it can get Smile

He thinks he has pictures. They were low quality so he never posted them. It was a manske but instead of a boil a Soxhlet was used.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 4/27/2010 11:59:15 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

biggest harmala xtal i grew was about 1cm across - solid and clear as glass - it was an odd shape - like a rounded hexagon or soemthing
The effects from that pure xtal far outweighed any other harmala iv consumed.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.