We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Virola calophylla resin -- sublingual Options

cjr23
#1 Posted : 4/2/2010 1:53:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Resin was ground with mortar and pestle. 6% (180 mg total) calcium hydroxide added to 3 gr. of finely powdered resin, wet slightly and mixed thoroughly. After drying out a bit more, the entire 3 gr. was formed into a pellet shaped wad and placed underneath the tongue. After a few moments a burning sensation is detected under the tongue, but it is tolerable. There is a slight cinnamon like spiciness, along with the bitter flavor of the goodies...the overall mixture of flavors is not very far off from unsweetened coffee. It certainly could become an acquired taste. First alert is felt within 3 minutes of placing the tabelt under the tongue, and within 10 minutes the effects are becoming much more apparent. A sense of joy starts to fill the body and thoughts. A sensation much like that of the moment one gets high from smoking cannabis is felt in the head. This feeling of joy spreads throughout the body as a sense or relaxation while the head seems to be the main area of perceived activity in this experience. The sensation reminded the experimenter of the feeling he once had after ingesting several hundred mgs of mesembrine 95% isolates and smoking cannabis concurrently. Within 30 minutes since ingestion the experience peaks, the experimenter is still holding the pellet of basified resin under his tongue. He has had to swallow bitter saliva on occasion, but not too many times. The mass under his tongue has become semi dissolved and is like a mud pie now. There is very little of the bitter-spicy flavor remaining, altho there seems to still be a burning sensation if the material is pressed against the back of the underside of the tongue. After about 30 minutes or so the experience sudddenly drops off, leaving the experimenter feeling mostly sober within moments.

There were no OEVs through out the experience despite an optimal environment to trigger them. There were CEVs and the sensation of glowing highness in the head made it very easy for the experimenter to become immersed in what he was visualizing behind closed eyes. The body glow was very pleasant throughout. He also noted a feeling of calm and contentedness. The next day the underside of the tongue was observed to have small lesions running along it and was noticeable raw feeling, although by the following day everything felt back to normal. The experimenter noted that 3 gr was definitely the limit of material he could hold under his tongue. He felt that the experience, while mostly enjoyable, was not even close to a dmt experience in earnest. He did notice similarities to previous sublingual 5-MeO-DMT hcl experiences and wondered if the dmt was being absorbed at all. The sensations he felt were pretty much on par with the 5-MeO-DMT sublingual experiences he had, and no truly remarkable differences were felt. He wondered if perhaps the few times he swallowed, if he perhaps swallowed too many of the actives, and if he had taken an maoi, would those active have made the experience all that stronger? He was unsure. The experience itself was interesting, but he can't see this leading to a breakthrough experience, at least not without maoi or some refinement of the resin.

He stated that he will use the remainder of his research material (2 gr) to attempt a smoked experience, with maoi. He's read that for smoking, it is essential to have all the alks fb'd, so he will add a higher concentration of calcium hydroxide for that.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

maxzar100
#2 Posted : 4/2/2010 6:35:11 AM

Earth Child

Yes you must have calcium hydroxide man, but a very good right up. I have had experiences with the virola theiodora resin, and if you want to smoke these resins, Hold the flame above it, DO NOT TORCH IT or it will not work at all. Also, for these resins, you must take massive hits and hold them in for as long as possible, as the potency of the resins is greatly reduced after only a few days after harvest
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

idtravlr
#3 Posted : 4/2/2010 7:51:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought I'd read that sodium carbonate (easier on the mouth) was better for freebasing virola if you wish to freebase it, but I thought 69ron had said that the virola resins are best taken sublingually in their plain resin state. Is that incorrect?

3 grams seems like a large dose to have such low effects.

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

69ron
#4 Posted : 4/2/2010 8:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The description in the opening post sounds like the effects of weak Virola theiodora resin, not Virola calophylla resin. Maybe the vendor got them mixed up? Virola calophylla contains DMT as the main alkaloid. The trip lasts about 60-90 minutes. It's very visual. Virola theiodora is very different. It contains 5-MeO-DMT as the main alkaloid, and the trip lasts 30-45 minutes. It produces almost no visual effects.

Both resins vary in potency quite a bit, and are always better if fresh. 3 grams for Virola calophylla resin is a decent dose if the resin is pretty fresh. Sublingually that's enough for OEVs and CEVs, as long as calcium hydroxide or another base is added.

For Virola theiodora resin, you don't need to add a base to it. It works fine as is. With Virola calophylla, adding calcium hydroxide helps a lot.

If you were to freebase the resins for the purpose of smoking them, sodium carbonate is the best to use for Virola theiodora, because of its 5-MeO-DMT content. I think a strong hydroxide like sodium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide would damage 5-MeO-DMT and should not be used. Carbonates like sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate should be fine.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 4/2/2010 10:03:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
The description in the opening post sounds like the effects of weak Virola theiodora resin, not Virola calophylla resin. Maybe the vendor got them mixed up? Virola calophylla contains DMT as the main alkaloid. The trip lasts about 60-90 minutes. It's very visual. Virola theiodora is very different. It contains 5-MeO-DMT as the main alkaloid, and the trip lasts 30-45 minutes. It produces almost no visual effects.

Both resins vary in potency quite a bit, and are always better if fresh. 3 grams for Virola calophylla resin is a decent dose if the resin is pretty fresh. Sublingually that's enough for OEVs and CEVs, as long as calcium hydroxide or another base is added.

For Virola theiodora resin, you don't need to add a base to it. It works fine as is. With Virola calophylla, adding calcium hydroxide helps a lot.

If you were to freebase the resins for the purpose of smoking them, sodium carbonate is the best to use for Virola theiodora, because of its 5-MeO-DMT content. I think a strong hydroxide like sodium hydroxide or calcium hydroxide would damage 5-MeO-DMT and should not be used. Carbonates like sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate should be fine.

Thank you sir!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

cjr23
#6 Posted : 4/2/2010 4:32:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well the vendor was one of the two more popular for this resin (FV). I have samples left of both calophylla and theiodora. Like I mentioned in my post, it felt like previous attempts at 5-MeO-DMT taken sublingually in the past. So I would tend to tentatively agree that the vendor may have sent the wrong product. I'll take the two resins out side by side later to compare. I dunno if I will notice anything by eye, but I'll take a look.

Thanks for the pointers in regards to smoking the resin folks. I'll post any updates soon.

69ron
#7 Posted : 4/2/2010 9:07:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have them side by side, the V. theiodora should be darker, more reddish brown. The V. calophylla should be less strongly colored and lighter.

They also smell different. V. theiodora smells more spicy while V. calophylla smells more unpleasant.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

multidimensional
#8 Posted : 4/3/2010 11:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excuse the noob question, but can anyone recommend a place that sells Virola calophylla resin? It appears FV is out, and I can't seem to find anywhere else... Thanks.

multidimensional
#9 Posted : 4/3/2010 9:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah never mind. Their web site said "on hold" which was ambiguous, and it wouldn't let you order, but it turns out they are just out of stock.

cjr23
#10 Posted : 4/9/2010 6:09:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had a chance to finally lay the resins out side by side and try to see if I could determine by eye if they were the same or different...I can't detect much difference in smell. They both have a cinnamon-spice-nutmeg type of smell to them, both have the same little dark reddish/brown resin chunks, what looks like little wood shavings, along with sand colored grains mixed in. I think FV may have messed up and sent me the wrong material. My order was taking a long time and when I contacted them it went right out after they read my email, and right after that their site listed the calophylla resin as out of stock...maybe they thought I wouldn't be able to tell the difference? Perhaps I am being too paranoid and the calophylla resins just acted on me the way it did for some as yet unknown reason...in any event, I think I will try another vendor next time just to test the waters.