We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT
amor_fati's Guide to Juremala WIP Options

q21q21
#101 Posted : 4/1/2010 1:02:01 AM

SWIM

amor_fati wrote:
Perhaps just high concentration windowpane-style gels? Whatever's used, it would have to dissolve fairly rapidly. How about gum? Like with gum arabic.

well wouldn't it be better to just suck on the gummy until it dissolves giving the full dose a long time to trickle out and hit the mucus membranes under the tongue, also the buccal mucosa on the cheeks and the oropharynx on the way down. A low concentration gummy or candy or whatever would be more advantageous, wouldn't it?
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

amor_fati
#102 Posted : 4/1/2010 3:02:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

q21q21 wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
Perhaps just high concentration windowpane-style gels? Whatever's used, it would have to dissolve fairly rapidly. How about gum? Like with gum arabic.

well wouldn't it be better to just suck on the gummy until it dissolves giving the full dose a long time to trickle out and hit the mucus membranes under the tongue, also the buccal mucosa on the cheeks and the oropharynx on the way down. A low concentration gummy or candy or whatever would be more advantageous, wouldn't it?

Well, SWIM's been getting incredibly strong effects from very little material doing it incredibly rapidly. If the candy is low concentration, smaller amounts of actives will be released to larger amounts of saliva (not to mention melted candy), and if it takes too long to dissolve, it may not be quite as potent as it could be. Anyway, this is all conjecture, but SWIM's not holding out for the reasons mentioned. Also, candy may not even successfully mask the flavor.

Besides, SWIM hasn't been having any nausea, just a horrible taste for a short while that's well worthwhile in consideration of the effects.

Trickster
#103 Posted : 4/1/2010 5:53:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

amor_fati wrote:
Trickster wrote:
Could you be more specific? How long would be enough? Is it OK to spit harmalas and spice after a certain time without a significant loss of goodies?

Read SWIM's recent editions to the tek. SWIM doesn't wait, because with the way he does it, there's nothing to wait for. He absolutely does not spit anything out. He allows the tincture to coat his oral mucosa (under the tongue, as well as the lining of the throat). This would not work if one were to wait with the substance under their tongue, allowing the saliva to build up, as the buildup of saliva would dilute the tincture--dilution having two adverse effects: Washing the tincture too far down the digestive tract to contribute to the effects and reducing the rapidity of absorption into the mucous membrane.

Think of it like this: Your entire mouth and throat is coated with saliva at this very moment, yet you don't have to keep it there, it's just there. If you begin swallowing fairly rapidly, your mouth dries out, and the little bit of saliva left never really gets swallowed, it just coats your throat. To effectively use a tincture, SWIM finds it best to swallow his normal saliva and essentially allow the tincture to take its place in his mouth, starting from being spread under the tongue. Some of it will go into the throat, but it will be absorbed before it makes it too far.

Still, do SWIY have an estimate for sufficient mucosa absorption time? A minute / five minutes / 10 minutes? The matter is that SWIM's got heavy burns last time experimenting with sublingual FV acetic tinctures and FB spice. So now a mere thought of putting something under her tongue fills her mouth with saliva. Hopefully DMSO will make absorption faster. When experimenting with DMSO SWIM noticed that the onset starts in 2-3 min after administering spice. What is SWIY experience? How soon do SWIY feels the symptoms?
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

ThirdEyeVision
#104 Posted : 4/1/2010 8:09:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
Trickster wrote:
Could you be more specific? How long would be enough? Is it OK to spit harmalas and spice after a certain time without a significant loss of goodies?

Read SWIM's recent editions to the tek. SWIM doesn't wait, because with the way he does it, there's nothing to wait for. He absolutely does not spit anything out. He allows the tincture to coat his oral mucosa (under the tongue, as well as the lining of the throat). This would not work if one were to wait with the substance under their tongue, allowing the saliva to build up, as the buildup of saliva would dilute the tincture--dilution having two adverse effects: Washing the tincture too far down the digestive tract to contribute to the effects and reducing the rapidity of absorption into the mucous membrane.

Think of it like this: Your entire mouth and throat is coated with saliva at this very moment, yet you don't have to keep it there, it's just there. If you begin swallowing fairly rapidly, your mouth dries out, and the little bit of saliva left never really gets swallowed, it just coats your throat. To effectively use a tincture, SWIM finds it best to swallow his normal saliva and essentially allow the tincture to take its place in his mouth, starting from being spread under the tongue. Some of it will go into the throat, but it will be absorbed before it makes it too far.

Still, do SWIY have an estimate for sufficient mucosa absorption time? A minute / five minutes / 10 minutes? The matter is that SWIM's got heavy burns last time experimenting with sublingual FV acetic tinctures and FB spice. So now a mere thought of putting something under her tongue fills her mouth with saliva. Hopefully DMSO will make absorption faster. When experimenting with DMSO SWIM noticed that the onset starts in 2-3 min after administering spice. What is SWIY experience? How soon do SWIY feels the symptoms?

My friend can verify DMSO does help with both SR And DMT Acetate tinctures. He took both tinctures and evaped about 1/4 of the vinigar and replaced with DMSO. The improvment was significant and there was no burning noticed. He is trying a glycerin/DMSO blend now.

ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Observant
#105 Posted : 4/2/2010 6:31:05 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

good mornin

SWIM messed something up he thinks :

The night left him with 30ml of tincture composed as :

1 of 30ml =
dark-fumarates 61mg
THH+ CaapialksHCL 18mg
some ml of water an 85% Glycerine
not to forget one drop of pure mintoil per 15ml were added

He thinks the actives are too dilluted now... aaand he hasnt got any harmala salts left .
What would you do now , amor fati ?

He just told me he has another 10ml tincture already , its only chaliponga alkaloids , nothing else added.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

amor_fati
#106 Posted : 4/2/2010 3:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Observant wrote:
The night left him with 30ml of tincture composed as :

1 of 30ml =
dark-fumarates 61mg
THH+ CaapialksHCL 18mg
some ml of water an 85% Glycerine
not to forget one drop of pure mintoil per 15ml were added

He thinks the actives are too dilluted now... aaand he hasnt got any harmala salts left .
What would you do now , amor fati ?

Yikes, that's a really low ratio of harmaloids. SWIM would probably wait and add more harmaloids. SWIM always keeps harmaloids separate from the spice and just mixes them when it comes time to administer.

q21q21
#107 Posted : 4/2/2010 10:09:43 PM

SWIM

so as promised SWIM tried the gummy-candy method.

The results seemed totally equipotent to that of sublingual administration.

SWIM took 50mg of rue harmalas and 60mg of jimjam acetates and put into a single ice-cube tray.

He wanted to make sure the dosage was correct and none of the actives were lost so the mix with jello and tapioca starch was mixed into the tincture, this made for a more-gooey and less tasty gummy.

Once the gummy had cooled in the fridge it was a little less firm than typical jello, he took 1/2 of it and proceeded to suck on it, he made sure to swish the saliva+actives all around his mouth before swallowing as it built up.

It tasted very bad, but not nearly as bad as the plain tincture, SWIM thinks he could make it taste "weird" instead of "gross" maybe even "good"... maybe

As soon as the gummy was the size of a pea (started about the size of a large grape) he squeezed it through his teeth, swished it around and swallowed it slower over 3 gulps.

The exact same process was to be done with the second half until he was about 1/2 way through it and at his computer his mouse was tracing, he looked up and waved and so was his hand. As much as SWIM believed his tolerance was plently high to not have a fully-psychedelic trip on this dose, amor-fati's confidence in mucosahuasca gave him a little nerves and he spat out the partially dissolve glob into a shot glass.

SWIM sat down and observed his state, it seemed that it was mostly harmaline effecting him, though for him harmaline doesn't give him tracers, DMT does, so he waited for 20 minutes.

He was pretty much the same then so he consumed the remainder of the gummy in the same method.

In the end the seemed to potentiate the harmalas A LOT and just like every other time he's tried sublingually, potentiated the DMT only slightly.

DMT is subject to the body's tolerance greatly. SWIM has no doubt about it.

SWIM will try it again, probably with 40mg rue, 90mg jimjam acetates and lots more sugar and a bit more gelatin.
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

amor_fati
#108 Posted : 4/3/2010 10:50:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick note: The 6/6/6 method was thresh-hold w/ very basic OEV's. Enjoyable, but SWIM would normally go a bit further, so he would likely kick the spice dose up to 8-10 drops (two sets of 4-5).

Observant
#109 Posted : 4/4/2010 2:16:11 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Are the harmaloids vital to the absorbtion , or would a plain spice tincture work if the Mao has been inhibited orally ?
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

Observant
#110 Posted : 4/4/2010 2:49:52 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Oh and I just realized that we have the key to Mucosahuasca del Funghi Smile
SWIM might xperiment with Liberty Caps , they only contain Psilocybin (thats why they dont stain blue) .

Do you think Psilocybin is absorbable by the oral mucosa ?
SWIM should also add Vit C to he tincture then , right ?
http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mu...ooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

Quote:
It is the stomachs reaction todifficult to digest food that is the sickness. So theygoal would be to elliminate the stomach, or by pass it.These extraction teks can do that. By making the extractvery potent and using good filtration technique, theproduct can be consumed by mouth so that the salivaand the mucous membranes in the mouth do most of the job.So when anything of the extract reached the stomach, it isbasically digested leaving the stomach with nothing to dowhich results in no stomach upset - just the trip. Thisis the greatest idea in magic shroom history. To elliminatethe ugly physical effects is a real godsend. It makesit all totally superb and beyond any known psychedelicin entheogenic quality and potency.

q21q21
#111 Posted : 4/4/2010 4:07:06 AM

SWIM

Observant wrote:
Are the harmaloids vital to the absorbtion , or would a plain spice tincture work if the Mao has been inhibited orally ?

that can work, but sublingual harmalas are WAAAAY more potent than oral. SWIM has gotten similar effects off of 50mg sublingually as 175mg orally.

mumbles
#112 Posted : 4/4/2010 2:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim tried 50mg n-oxide and 60mg harmalas in a sublingual tincture. Nice results kinda like a mushroom trip but shorter. However swims gf seems to have no effects (not even flowing wood-grain) from the same amount. Is is possible some people are resistant to a maoi? Shroom tea and smoked spice work fine for her. edit: 50mg smoked harmalas was also active.

TheAppleCore
#113 Posted : 4/9/2010 7:08:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Forgive me if this question has already been answered, but I'd like to know if, for the purposes of lingua- / mucosa-huasca, the only advantage of making a fumarate / glycerine / H2O tincture is accurate dropwise dosing? Or does the tincture have increased bioavailability / faster sublingual absorption than dry fumarate crystals alone?

amor_fati
#114 Posted : 4/11/2010 12:57:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TheAppleCore wrote:
Forgive me if this question has already been answered, but I'd like to know if, for the purposes of lingua- / mucosa-huasca, the only advantage of making a fumarate / glycerine / H2O tincture is accurate dropwise dosing? Or does the tincture have increased bioavailability / faster sublingual absorption than dry fumarate crystals alone?

SWIM finds powders and crystals a bit rough on the soft tissue, but it should work. SWIM would imagine that, depending on the fineness of the product, it may not absorb quite as rapidly, though SWIM's gotten 30mg THH HCl to absorb quite quickly under the tongue by simply spreading and rubbing it in; it was rather painful, though.

plumsmooth
#115 Posted : 4/11/2010 9:51:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible the Glycerin Tincture making formula could be reiterated please. I cannot seem to find it. IT is probably in this thread already so I apologize. I'll re-read it and do a search. I would like to make my own Harmala tincture for sublingual. I am also unsure as to which form (salt/freebase) is preferable for both the tincture making, and for the actually process in the mouth -- for both harmala and Full spectrum Dmitrius tinctures. I did read that the freebase burns and is harder on the mouth with Dmitirus, but am unsure as to, in the mouth, which form is superior for absorption with Harmalas as well. It seems something enzymatically different is going on in the mouth that changes the picture. It has always been my understanding that salt form is better for digestive route, freebase for smoking, but am still a little unsure (comfortability aside) which form for both harmalas and Dmitrius is the more desirable for absorption and process altogether.
Thank you for your consideration knowledgeable ones...

amor_fati
#116 Posted : 4/12/2010 5:44:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only advantage SWIM's aware of concerning administration of freebase is the lack of acids (freebase burns horrendously on its own when insuffulated), but SWIM doesn't understand how it would possibly absorb better than a salt.

For fumarate/glycerine tinctures:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Amor_f...ction_of_Spice_Tinctures
https://dmt-nexus.me/forum/defau...&m=128684#post128684
amor_fati wrote:
SWIM made a new spice tincture by placing 1.3g spice fumarate (~1g freebase) in a 15mL dropper bottle, filling with glycerin and water at ~1:2, placing in a hot water bath and shaking vigorously. So that's 66mg/mL of DMT and about 2.3mg/drop. SWIM would need maybe 10-15 drops for linguahuasca. SWIM will likely try this with a harmine/harmaline/THH combo at 2:1:1 w/ 20 drops (70mg) total.

plumsmooth
#117 Posted : 4/12/2010 1:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Amor_, BTW, is there any specific reason you haven't adapted the "spice acetate" to a glycerin formula, especially being that you add a little vinegar back to the fumerate/glycerin formula. It's just I've read some reports of yucky-ness taste coming from the straight vinegar formulas. And I'm just not sure why with acetate, glycerin isn't also included in the recipe...

Also, would you be interested in amending your sublingual Wiki to include recipes for rue and caapi harmala tinctures.

I'm curious which form of Harmalas, hydrochloride or freebase, would be preferable for the harmala tincture making process.
I'm guessing one would dissolve more readily than the other in glycerin/water.

Now that I realize I can switch back and forth between the 2, by either finishing the manske with basing Sodium Carbonate= freebase, or back to the manske for the salts...

Infundibulum
#118 Posted : 4/12/2010 2:39:48 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

What is the glycerin supposed to add in a tincture? What is the reasoning behind using it (other than making the tincture anti-freeze)?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

The Wizard
#119 Posted : 4/12/2010 3:08:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well glycerin, alcohol, and water are the three solvents used the most in tinctures...glycerin has some neat properties though..it seems to grab tannins and allow the other molecules to roam free and not precipitate...its also SWEET..so it sorta helps to hide the taste of alkaloids..

it also doesnt burn like high test alcohol or strong acidic liquids

amor_fati
#120 Posted : 4/12/2010 4:43:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually, glycerin is often used as a replacement for alcohol for its preservative properties. In the case of the purposes of this thread, it's replacing vinegar, which can only act as a preservative at a strong enough acidity. And yes, it doesn't burn like either alcohol or vinegar. A bit of research, however, has turned up that 50% glycerin/water may be ideal for adequate preservation.

plumsmooth wrote:
Thanks Amor_, BTW, is there any specific reason you haven't adapted the "spice acetate" to a glycerin formula, especially being that you add a little vinegar back to the fumerate/glycerin formula.

SWIM doesn't add any vinegar to his fumarate tincture.

Quote:
I'm just not sure why with acetate, glycerin isn't also included in the recipe...

No reason, except for that it's not how SWIM's made his tinctures; however, he can include it as an alternative.

Quote:
Also, would you be interested in amending your sublingual Wiki to include recipes for rue and caapi harmala tinctures.

SWIM has only been using commercial harmaloid tinctures, but he would like to get back into rue extraction and hopefully THH synthesis in the near-future. Until then, SWIM would imagine that a harmaloid salt can be dissolved in 50% glycerin/water at the same concentration used by FV.

«PREV45678NEXT