We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Inverse Dosages of DMT and Harmalas: A Beautiful Experience Options

Voidmatrix
#1 Posted : 11/16/2023 11:45:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Typically, it seems, that more often than not, when dosing DMT and harmalas, DMT is usually a higher dosage than that of the harmalas.

A couple days ago, I did the opposite, smoalking 40mg of harmalas followed by >10mg of DMT. The first thing that I'd like to mention is that the effects were present for around an hour. Fortunately I didn't have anywhere to go or anything important to do.

I was already feeling the effects of the harmalas by the time I smoalked the DMT (both were layered in between two layers of cannabis). It was different than changa, and was one of the more expressive journeys I've had. Visuals were slight, but very alien; obscure and mysterious. I was able to experience clear emotional and mental states simultaneously, such as feeling ecstasy and euphoria while also experiencing anxiety. It also reminded me of every psychedelic I've ever tried. I moved and fluxed and vocalized during the experience, letting so much out.

I need a nap.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pandora
#2 Posted : 11/17/2023 12:57:01 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Beautiful trip report and amazing that you stayed in for an hour on a smoked harmola dose. I've never been able to break 15 minutes doing that.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 11/17/2023 1:43:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Beautiful trip report and amazing that you stayed in for an hour on a smoked harmola dose. I've never been able to break 15 minutes doing that.

Thank you.

I think that the fact there was eight times more harmalas and DMT made for such an elongated experience. I'm going to explore this more.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 11/17/2023 6:07:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i recommend the higher Harmala ratio and it's what i stick with personally, whether smoked or orally, i go Harmala heavy usually and with enough DMT to get the job done.

Regardless of the route (oral or smoked), the more Harmalas you use the more Aya-like it'll be, the less Harmalas you use the more DMT-like it'll be, plus the more Harmalas you use the less DMT you'll need to get the job done, plus the added benefit of like you said, longer duration, particularly smoked, while ime so far oral Harmalas with smoked DMT still goes by quick, but smoked Harmalas with smoked DMT extends out the duration, so it seems smoked Harmalas potentiates smoked DMT the most, likely because they're both getting into the brain, whereas when things are taken orally they're more full bodied.

nen888
#5 Posted : 11/17/2023 7:50:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..the legendary indigenous jungle Ayahuasca brews that Terence M used to rave about, had 3-4 times the required harmalas for mao inhibition, and kept the dmt at 20-30mg..that was 'the' ayahuasca to him... modern tastes have generally altered the ratio..and that does change the kinds of effects and dimensions

thanks for the report VM

Voidmatrix
#6 Posted : 11/17/2023 8:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
Yeah i recommend the higher Harmala ratio and it's what i stick with personally, whether smoked or orally, i go Harmala heavy usually and with enough DMT to get the job done.

Regardless of the route (oral or smoked), the more Harmalas you use the more Aya-like it'll be, the less Harmalas you use the more DMT-like it'll be, plus the more Harmalas you use the less DMT you'll need to get the job done, plus the added benefit of like you said, longer duration, particularly smoked, while ime so far oral Harmalas with smoked DMT still goes by quick, but smoked Harmalas with smoked DMT extends out the duration, so it seems smoked Harmalas potentiates smoked DMT the most, likely because they're both getting into the brain, whereas when things are taken orally they're more full bodied.

Thank you for sharing. There's some synchronicity here in that I have for years wanted to explore Aya, but haven't had the courage or the time. So it's interesting that I may have gotten more of an Aya style journey by using this combinations of dosages.

I have also noticed that the experience isn't as extended when I drink rue vs smoalk harmalas and then add DMT. Also, when I smoalk DMT after oral administration of of harmalas, the experience is still much more DMT-like than this one instance in which I smoalked the harmalas.

nen888 wrote:
..the legendary indigenous jungle Ayahuasca brews that Terence M used to rave about, had 3-4 times the required harmalas for mao inhibition, and kept the dmt at 20-30mg..that was 'the' ayahuasca to him... modern tastes have generally altered the ratio..and that does change the kinds of effects and dimensions

Many ayahuasceros will also tell you that the real medicine or the more important medicine is in the harmala containing plant. And I've been resonating with this idea for a while, which hasn't lowered my relationship or the importance of DMT, but instead has elevated harmalas to the same level. And this was before I came across the idea of an ayahuascero's perspective.

This also aligns with some experiences that I have had in the last few weeks. I was in a guidework intensive class in which we used cannabis as a psychedelic and performed a few breathwork ceremonies. The theme for me throughout all them revolved around DMT and my difficulty in pushing myself further into the space. While I still want to get myself deeper again, I think I'll pause on that exploration for a while while I explore this permutation.

One love

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 11/17/2023 9:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think with all your experience, ayahuasca is not something to be afraid of.

Especially if you'd choose to take real ayahuasca, wich is not with rue but with caapi. In my experience, caapi is a lot friendlier than rue. There are some vines that are often being called caapi, that i believe are technically not realy caapi though, and they can apparently be pretty rough.

Endlessness has done a lot of research on all those vines and their taxonomy, along with some other nexians.

But i mean, if you have a caapi vine that is definately caapi, then i think you'd be surprised how mild it feels compared to rue.
I think that half of the time a caapi brew makes people purge, it is because they've added some traditional purgative, or because of tannins, or because they've been using excessive amounts of acetic acid/vinegar to extract the harmala's and their brew is just extremely acidic because of it.

I've had a few brews that where based on a caapi tincture, that where pretty heavy on the caapi, without even the slightest bit of nausea, dizzyness or that bodyload feeling that rue can give.

Brews that are heavy on the caapi can last for some hours. But if you can handle something that lasts for thirty minutes, then you should also be able to handle it for a couple of hours i think.

nen888
#8 Posted : 11/18/2023 3:48:02 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

dragonrider wrote:
Quote:
Brews that are heavy on the caapi can last for some hours. But if you can handle something that lasts for thirty minutes, then you should also be able to handle it for a couple of hours i think.

..yeah dragonrider, i'm sure VM is ready too Smile ...you can do it VM! the full physical healing is a major factor missing from vaping..

i just want to add - the higher the harmala dose, the longer the duration..and also the greater tendency towards dream-like or photo-reality/natural landscape imagery ...and the less mental agitation (if one is careful with diet, imo, but that's a hot topic)
i think the main difference between rue and caapi is, other than perhaps minor effects of THH, that the harmaline in rue is more nausea inducing, but it can also be exceptionally clear and visual, if your system is aligned with it..

Voidmatrix
#9 Posted : 11/19/2023 12:54:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both so much for the vote of confidence. It's funny how such insights hit different when they come from others than from when I tell myself the same. But yeah, this trepidation is something I've been dealing with for a while. Looking at it as exercises in trusting myself and connecting with myself.

Anyway...

dragonrider wrote:
Especially if you'd choose to take real ayahuasca, wich is not with rue but with caapi. In my experience, caapi is a lot friendlier than rue. There are some vines that are often being called caapi, that i believe are technically not realy caapi though, and they can apparently be pretty rough.

Endlessness has done a lot of research on all those vines and their taxonomy, along with some other nexians.

But i mean, if you have a caapi vine that is definately caapi, then i think you'd be surprised how mild it feels compared to rue.
I think that half of the time a caapi brew makes people purge, it is because they've added some traditional purgative, or because of tannins, or because they've been using excessive amounts of acetic acid/vinegar to extract the harmala's and their brew is just extremely acidic because of it.

I've had a few brews that where based on a caapi tincture, that where pretty heavy on the caapi, without even the slightest bit of nausea, dizzyness or that bodyload feeling that rue can give.

I've heard this about rue vs caapi before. And I've done very mild pharma journeys so I just need to jump in.

I don't really know how to tell if the two types of caapi are something other than caapi or not so will either have to just trust whatever vines I have and see what happens. My Aya will be caapi and mimosa.

And I'm not too worried about the purge. I'll likely have my first foray on my own and fortunately the bathroom is right next to my room.

nen888 wrote:
..yeah dragonrider, i'm sure VM is ready too Smile ...you can do it VM! the full physical healing is a major factor missing from vaping..

i just want to add - the higher the harmala dose, the longer the duration..and also the greater tendency towards dream-like or photo-reality/natural landscape imagery ...and the less mental agitation (if one is careful with diet, imo, but that's a hot topic)
i think the main difference between rue and caapi is, other than perhaps minor effects of THH, that the harmaline in rue is more nausea inducing, but it can also be exceptionally clear and visual, if your system is aligned with it..

This got me a bit more excited. Something to explore and see what fits the best for me.

As for dieta, I do plan on doing some form, but am not sure exactly what will be taken and will be left. It is a hot topic, but something I'd like to explore. I usually do something similar with mushrooms anyway. One concern is staying on top of my fitness goals when on dieta. Will have to augment that as well.

I have two jars that I've set aside specifically for a caapi brew and a mimosa brew. Depending on how much time I'm alotted for myself this week I'll prep my first Aya.

Thank you again guys.

One love

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 11/20/2023 12:17:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another trip report. Also, a progress report since it's progress with some of the things that we've been talking about.

I woke up from a nap. I turned on my speaker and light strip, grabbed the changa pipe, and mentally recited, "commit, surrender, let go, be with it, unlock."

I took a hit from the pipe. Just one. Didn't count the inhale. Just watched smoalk fill the bottom of the bubbler chamber before I released the carb and cleared the pipe.

The way the smoalk kicked the back of my throat let me know this would be a big one.

Holding my breath with the hit for a 19 count, it would incrementally increase in intensity of come up the longer the smoalk was held.

I had closed my eyes immediately after the hit and neglected to put the pipe down. This become a bit cumbersome during the experience where I was embedded in deep visual imagery with questionable connection and awareness of my body.

I can see the space and zones I moved through from zones that appeared in the inital space in my mind, but they are hard to describe. The color hues were red yellow and black at first, but that became a subtle theme as the experience went on and I shifted from space to space. It was really like flying through all of these hyperspatial domains.

I was unafraid. Stable and trusting, both of myself and the medicine, and just went with it because it was something that I wanted. Beautiful and simultaneously dark, it was very enjoyable. It was sourcing and rejuvenating. Connecting and fulfilling. I don't, it's gotten to the point where I struggle to even describe what DMT and harmalas do for me.

One love

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 11/23/2023 12:43:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure, but i think almost all of the caapi is just caapi, except black caapi. So red, yellow or white vine will all just be caapi. If you're unsure you could probably ask endlessness or maybe DFZ.

I've never had black vine myself, but jamie, an old nexian who has done a lot of caapi brews, once took it, and apparently the effects where so powerfull that he decided to check himself in to a hospital. I can't remember the exact details of that story, but it didn't sound like something friendlier or milder than rue.

Voidmatrix
#12 Posted : 11/23/2023 11:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
I'm not sure, but i think almost all of the caapi is just caapi, except black caapi. So red, yellow or white vine will all just be caapi. If you're unsure you could probably ask endlessness or maybe DFZ.

I've never had black vine myself, but jamie, an old nexian who has done a lot of caapi brews, once took it, and apparently the effects where so powerfull that he decided to check himself in to a hospital. I can't remember the exact details of that story, but it didn't sound like something friendlier or milder than rue.

I appreciate this. It'll be yellow for me until Aya and have a relationship, then I'll level up. Think that may be the best way to proceed. I'm hoping I can make some time for these endeavors soon.

One love