We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
(Please move if wrong subforum) Ultrasonic homogenizers for extractions Options

Th3k1d93
#1 Posted : 6/11/2023 11:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking into getting an ultrasonic homogenizer to assist with various extractions at home, primarily medicinal mushrooms like Lions Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail; but also for any other plant/medium I'm extracting. For those that don't know, they emit a 20-30Khz ultrasonic frequencies to emulsify substances and rupture cell walls for tough things like mushrooms. You can also use them to do things like emulsify cannabis oil into a water base.

However, they're VERY expensive. I'm hoping someone here who uses them to extract medicinal mushrooms can point me towards a unit that will get the job done, but is relatively affordable. I really don't want to spend more than one thousand USD, but i know that's really pushing it.

Thanks for any help y'all, much love Love
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DancinDog
#2 Posted : 1/9/2024 3:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I realize this was asked quite awhile ago. Did you ever find a ultrasonic homogenizer?

If not, perhaps an ultrasonic cleaner would suffice. Vevor.com has many models of them listed, in a wide variety of sizes and frequency ranges. I found one that has a 28khz and 40khz setting. Maybe the 28khz setting would work for you. The unit hold 22 liters and only cost $290.

https://www.vevor.com/ul...n-heating-p_010618177035

Let me know if this would work. I'm curious about the process.