We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Phlux's Mescaline Extraction Tek Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 2/19/2010 2:03:50 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

This tek is nothing new but i decided to post it as it is the tek i started with and the tek that has given me the most constant and best results.

I have tried so many teks, all have some downfall - this one seems to be the most forgiving, simplest and most streight foreward with the least chance for error.

Basically one hypothetically does the following :

A fat chunk of fresh cactus is prepared as per my prep tek - https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=9693

The chunks are frozen and thawed and them a tea is prepared by simmering them in hot water with a dash of lemon juice on the stove.
If one is using dried cactus the same proceedure is followed.

First tea takes 1 hour to make, second tea is 2 hours, then optionally a third tea can be made over 4 hours (and even a forth if there is still bitterness in the cactus peices.

If one has quite a lot of cactus then the cactus is frozen again after 2 teas have been made and when enough of this semi exhausted cactus has been collected the last remaining mesc can be pulled out(2x3 hour teas should get it out)

The first 2 or 4 teas are combined and reduced down to a handleble amount - i like to aim for about 400ml or less per kg of fresh cactus.

Optionally this bottle is left overnight in the fridge for all the solids to fall out - it can be decanted and filtered the next day.

A very strong batch of lye water(200ml or so) is made and added to the tea - and the solution agitated.

Either D-Limonene or Xylene is added depending on what is most easily available.

The solution is shaken 3 times over the first hour or so, letting the solvent and the basic solution separate each time.
After the first hour the solvent is separated from the basic water, placed in a glass jar and put in a hot water bath for all the water to separate from the solvent.
Once the solvent is clear it can be salted with hcl water
hcl water is prepared by adding 4 drops of 33% hydrochloric acid to 100ml water.

salting

about 1/5th of the solvents volume of hcl water is added - the solution swirled by hand or magnetic stirrer, and left in a hot water bath to separate.
once separated the hcl water is separated and set aside, salting is done 3 times, and all the saltings combined and evaporated.

The dlimonene is added back to the basic solution and shaken a few times over a few hours, then salted again etc...

This pull/salting proceedure is repeated until no more mescaline is yeilded - then the ph is pushed up again with more lye.

more pulls are done with clean solvent - and once exhausted - the basic brew is discarded, solvent washed to be reused, and the mescaline can be washed.

best way to wash mesc is 2 or 3 acetone washes, 1 mek wash - then a re-x as documented here - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10118

all wash solvents should be evaporated to yeild the non mesc alkaloids and contams - mescaline can be rescued from this too.

If there is enough interest il make a big picture tek documenting all steps.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

do it phlux!! i want to see some pictures Smile
it's a sound

ThirdEyeVision
#3 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:50:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great tek, thank you.
Have you experianced any lose of potency due to the heat?
What PH do you get the tea to prior to the pull?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

Crystalito
#4 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:01:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting procedure, i would really like to se4e a pictorial of it, if possible!

Madcap
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:19:52 PM

illudium Q-36

Sweet Peaches!

Thank you again
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Espiridion
#6 Posted : 2/22/2010 1:24:49 PM

--who.??..ME??--

Yeah, Phlux. Do it for so we simpletons wont mess it up.Laughing

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Virola78
#7 Posted : 2/22/2010 3:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i had some questions
already found answers... Smile
so i edited this post

Nice tek using the tea Smile
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Attention All Shipping
#8 Posted : 2/22/2010 7:54:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The solution is shaken 3 times over the first hour or so, letting the solvent and the basic solution separate each time.
After the first hour the solvent is separated from the basic water, placed in a glass jar and put in a hot water bath for all the water to separate from the solvent.
Once the solvent is clear it can be salted with hcl water

Phlux, I'm intrigued by the use of a hot water bath. Is there a particular reason for this rather than seperating the solvent & base (eg sep funnel, etc)? Is it a case of the heat being needed to form seperate layers & if so would a hot plate be equally effective?

Also, you say
Quote:
more pulls are done with clean solvent - and once exhausted - the basic brew is discarded, solvent washed to be reused,
&
Quote:
all wash solvents should be evaporated to yeild the non mesc alkaloids and contams - mescaline can be rescued from this too.

What is the used solvent washed with & what is washed out of it if the other alkaliods & contaminants are recovered by subsequent evaporation?

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 2/22/2010 8:42:57 PM

The Root

The hot water aids in the separation of the the 2 layers.

and i wasnt too clear on the next 2 bits

The solvent cleaned with acidic water then basic water - cleaned as it contains no actives - the cleaning waters are discarded.

the solvents used for cleaning the actual mesc hcl - the acetone etc - that is to be evapped once the extraction is complete, the evap product washed with acetone - if any mesc remains, that is scraped up and the wash solvents discarded.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

sillysyban
#10 Posted : 2/22/2010 9:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Phlux,
I am definately interested. A friend of mine has extracted spice many times but his one attempt at cactus a few years ago ended up in total failure. He is interested in cactus again and doesnt want to make another mistake. I think a nice simple tek like this could help a lot.Very happy
Cheers.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

ThirdEyeVision
#11 Posted : 2/26/2010 8:37:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ISO should work as a great replacnent to xylene right? What PH do you base it to? Friends wants to get the plan down.
ThirdEyeVision

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 2/26/2010 11:50:27 AM

The Root

no idea on iso man - cant advise.
but i did notice one thing on the ph - i tried with sodium carb and the solution went orange - saturating the solution with sodium carb created an emulsion.
adding a lot of lye at once makes the solution close to black.

i think the best thing to do is add saturated lye solution until the solution is a nice red color.
do some pulls and when the yeild per pull drops too much - add a bit more base and continue pulling.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 2/26/2010 1:06:34 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

ThirdEyeVision wrote:
ISO should work as a great replacnent to xylene right? What PH do you base it to? Friends wants to get the plan down.

Well, ISO is miscible with water so it wouldn't work as a replacement to xylene.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

ThirdEyeVision
#14 Posted : 2/26/2010 3:54:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
ThirdEyeVision wrote:

Well, ISO is miscible with water so it wouldn't work as a replacement to xylene.

wow! My friend looked right pass the obvious on that one Embarrased Thx for saving him from a headache. He was trying to avoid the smell his wife can't stand and running low on the limo

phlux, thx. My friend will add until black and test PH and post back. Assuming around Ph10
ThirdEyeVision

ThirdEyeVision
#15 Posted : 2/27/2010 7:51:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux, what was your friends solvent to basic solution ratio?
ThirdEyeVision

ThirdEyeVision
#16 Posted : 3/3/2010 11:19:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!!! That is all my friend had to say. He tried your tek with some "throw away pieces" that were home grown and partially rotted, etc. He honestly pulled them from compost just for the heck of it. After drying out the hcl soltion he had a very dirty waxy material so he tossed it in a little water then added acetone and a few crystals started fallng so he added more acetone and his jaw dropped!!!! He was now holding a snowglobe! Decanting now to see the results.

Thx Phlux! This was literally done in his spare time and got a very light tan powder.
ThirdEyeVision

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 3/4/2010 6:23:50 AM

The Root

haha - success - as always - nice one bro.
There are a few small little tips and teks that can make working with cactus great fun the whole way thru.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 3/4/2010 6:24:37 AM

The Root

in a few days il be making the full foto tek for this - all steps for working with cactus included- - just been a bit busy on bufo stracktionz.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ThirdEyeVision
#19 Posted : 3/4/2010 6:35:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't wait to see it Phlux.
Quick question: on my friends first batch the xylene was yellow after the pull from base marc but color quickly transfered to HCL water on stir plate. On second pull however xylene was clear going into marc and yellow coming out but after 24 hours on stir plate color has not transfered to HCL solution. Any ideas? An xtra drop of HCL was even added 12 hours in to see if that was the problem but still no transfer.
ThirdEyeVision

ThirdEyeVision
#20 Posted : 3/4/2010 6:51:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another quicky: does mesc hcl normally have a slight salty taste? If not I think my friend may have a slight anhydrous magnesium sulphate contamination. Only acetone avaiable was dried previously so it could of had some left in it.
ThirdEyeVision

123NEXT»