We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Why you should NOT take DMT Options

universecannon
#141 Posted : 12/5/2012 9:24:51 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Uncle Knucles wrote:
sc001 wrote:
I think i undrestand and have a good idea of what to expect

You don't.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

d*l*b
#142 Posted : 12/6/2012 2:00:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

march wrote:
Does lucidity means ambiguity?

I am not sure! Lucidity is awareness of the situation you are in. The least that would be is simply understanding where you are, your situation and that it is not your normal reality. At the fully lucid end of this you will understand the ramifications of this and be able to work with the reality you find yourself in.

At one end of the scale you may be sitting there with your eyes open yet absolutely nothing that was there 10 second ago exists any longer. You have no idea of what you have done. The reality of 10 seconds ago, for all intents and purposes, never actually existed at all. You might realise you are there but how does this fit with the fact that at that moment you have no idea of any environment except hyperspace?

Maybe looking at this kind of possibility you could say to even consider it from within the experience you must be lucid to one degree or another. I am not not sure. If you are making realisations from what is essentially a blank slate is this being lucid?
D × V × F > R

sc001
#143 Posted : 12/6/2012 10:12:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
sc001 wrote:
I think i undrestand and have a good idea of what to expect

You don't.

thanks for reading my mind

3rdI
#144 Posted : 12/6/2012 11:01:43 AM

veni, vidi, spici

Art doesnt need to read your mind to know you dont know whats to come

before you do it nobody has a clue, you think you do, then.......Shocked
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

sc001
#145 Posted : 12/7/2012 4:18:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:

I didnt say i know exactly what to expect, i said i have a good idea based on peoples description of their trips in hyper space after consuming DMT, and based on these descriptions i see many similarities with my expriences with sleep pralysis, OBE in the astral plane as well as some unusual expriences in the dream state as well as via using diffrent drugs.

And i assume DMT exprience would be alot more intense with less mental control or lucidity, and the fact that you can only get out when the drug wares off, unlike other states when you get out when you want.

I know once you take it and when it begins you will find your self in another world, and i undrestand peoples description of it and their exprience.

So unless if you know what im thinking, and what expriences iv had in the past you shouldnt just straight out tell people they have no clue, just because the first time you had it the exprience may have come as a big suprise.

Im not saying i will not be suprised or overwhelmed by the exprience, all im saying is that i have a fair idea of what to expect, of both the good and the bad.

cyb
#146 Posted : 12/7/2012 6:20:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

sc001 wrote:
So unless if you know what im thinking, and what expriences iv had in the past you shouldnt just straight out tell people they have no clue, just because the first time you had it the exprience may have come as a big suprise.

OK but be prepared to come back here and eat these well thought out words...well...you'll see Wink
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

3rdI
#147 Posted : 12/7/2012 8:48:06 AM

veni, vidi, spici

sc001 wrote:
Im not saying i will not be suprised or overwhelmed by the exprience, all im saying is that i have a fair idea of what to expect, of both the good and the bad.

you dont Razz Very happy
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

Enoon
#148 Posted : 12/7/2012 10:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

One time I smoked DMT and turned into Yggdrasil ... now THAT was unexpected.

Could be just me, but even after having done it several times I still have no idea what will happen the next time I do it. So I find it quite astounding that someone does. I understand that parts of some experiences sound a lot like sleep paralysis, but subjectively it's really nothing like it. Except maybe the strange auditory phenomenon, but even that is still different. The only thing you can with certainty expect is the unexpectable. If that makes sense...

I think it's good that you've made yourself a picture of what the experience might consist of, as a way of preparing yourself however. Even though most everyone will say you cannot fully prepare for it or that you cannot in the least bit predict the experience, it's not a bad idea to prepare your mind for some heavy bending by looking at the objective range of things happening to other people. I guess the main problem is that the subjective experience is truly shaking and though the fact that it was shaking can be transmitted by words, the subjective feeling cannot. It's like trying to explain of the feeling of being in love to someone who has never felt it. The fact that it comes with a change of your insides makes it very difficult to imagine it from the outside.

I still believe that you're doing the right thing in preparing yourself though. So good luck and have a good ride!
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

cyb
#149 Posted : 12/7/2012 11:03:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

One time I did a low dose (15mg or so of Yellow oily gunge)
No visuals but it felt like someone had inflated my insides with pink cotton candy and plugged me into a 9 volt battery whilst the weight of a cat sat on my chest for 5 minutes....

It's rather tricky to articulate.... Surprised
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

3rdI
#150 Posted : 12/7/2012 11:37:30 AM

veni, vidi, spici

cyb wrote:
It's rather tricky to articulate.... Surprised

dont worry you did well, candyflosscatbatteryism seems like a reasonable feeling
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

The Neural
#151 Posted : 12/7/2012 1:03:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sc001 wrote:
3rdI wrote:

I didnt say i know exactly what to expect, i said i have a good idea based on peoples description of their trips in hyper space after consuming DMT, and based on these descriptions i see many similarities with my expriences with sleep pralysis, OBE in the astral plane as well as some unusual expriences in the dream state as well as via using diffrent drugs.

I thought I did too, some years ago, by comparing my personal sleep paralysis states, (induced and spontaneous), and numerous experience reports from here and erowid. I also have a decent knowledge of psychopharmacology, brain organisation and functional connectivity, receptor agonism/antagonism and its manifestations on cognitive functions. In the end and on practice, it turned out I knew nothing at all.

Logical reasons why this is :

1. Nobody's neurochemical, genetic, and environmental factors are comparable. The fact that some can relate to others' attempts in articulating the experience could stem from being discriptively closer to their experience than any other form of description. That does not mean that their description is representative of an individual experience.

2. One cannot simply compare the effects of different substances (X,Y) and draw a logical prediction on the effects of Z substance. Each substance has different properties, depending on its dosage, purity, and most of all, on the individual. Most importantly, the alterations in brain wave frequencies during sleep paralysis have not been compared or related to any substance-induced state.

sc001 wrote:

And i assume DMT exprience would be alot more intense with less mental control or lucidity, and the fact that you can only get out when the drug wares off, unlike other states when you get out when you want.

3. The differentiation between "getting out when you want" and "getting out only when the trip ends" does not yet provide any sort of distinction between substance properties. It does not really "tell us" anything regarding the aspects of lucidity and mental control.

sc001 wrote:

I know once you take it and when it begins you will find your self in another world, and i undrestand peoples description of it and their exprience.

4. To honour House, "Everybody lies". Not that they do it deliberately, but attempts to articulate what was never before experienced are weak to say the least, in providing any substantial information for prediction. Bear in mind, we all understand peoples' descriptions, since they are put in plain english, but most of the posters end their experience with something of the sort "I still have no idea what happened, I hope I put it down to words as accurately as I could, and still it doesn't seem to capture the experience at all".

sc001 wrote:

5. Lastly, we have no idea of the "good and bads" of paracetamol even today, it is highly unlikely that someone can claim they have a fair idea of what to expect regarding the bad and good notions of a DMT experience, a molecule that compared to any overused substance (from paracetamol to NSAIDs), has been researched on a guess-timated magnitude of 0.00001% of all psychopharmacological studies.

In general and in majority, you will not find genuine hostility in this forum directed to one's opinions, but rather critical thinking on the validity of statements. I urge you to not take offence if someone criticises a post, it's only to aid understanding, or often to prevent hearsay from becoming a plausible approach in disseminating factual knowledge.

Speaking strictly for myself, the most "truthful" statement I ever ran across in this forum, was in this thread :

3rdI wrote:
cyb wrote:

It's rather tricky to articulate.... O.o

dont worry you did well, candyflosscatbatteryism seems like a reasonable feeling

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

Bill Cipher
#152 Posted : 12/7/2012 3:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wasn't criticizing your post. If you want to think you know what to expect, go ahead and think it. But you really don't. You can't. It's that simple. And I don't need to be able to read your mind in order to make that assertion. I make it because if you did have any idea whatsoever, you'd be the first person ever who had.

I'd had hundreds of psychedelic experiences prior to DMT, read every trip report and book on the subject that I could get my hands on, and I still didn't have the slightest clue what a breakthrough was or might entail. Even now, with hundreds of first hand experiences under my belt, I still have no idea what it is or what the hell to expect - and every time I think that I do, it proves me wrong completely.

Your saying you know what to expect is like making the same statement about death. I've read about death, have even heard stories from people whose hearts have stopped beating - and yet it would be the height of foolish arrogance to assume without the benefit of having died that I know what it's going to be like. Once I'm dead, I guess I'll know. Until then, I probably won't.

So, that is why I made the statement, and why I'll make it again:

You don't.

sc001
#153 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:28:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
One time I smoked DMT and turned into Yggdrasil ... now THAT was unexpected.

Could be just me, but even after having done it several times I still have no idea what will happen the next time I do it. So I find it quite astounding that someone does. I understand that parts of some experiences sound a lot like sleep paralysis, but subjectively it's really nothing like it. Except maybe the strange auditory phenomenon, but even that is still different. The only thing you can with certainty expect is the unexpectable. If that makes sense...

I think it's good that you've made yourself a picture of what the experience might consist of, as a way of preparing yourself however. Even though most everyone will say you cannot fully prepare for it or that you cannot in the least bit predict the experience, it's not a bad idea to prepare your mind for some heavy bending by looking at the objective range of things happening to other people. I guess the main problem is that the subjective experience is truly shaking and though the fact that it was shaking can be transmitted by words, the subjective feeling cannot. It's like trying to explain of the feeling of being in love to someone who has never felt it. The fact that it comes with a change of your insides makes it very difficult to imagine it from the outside.

I still believe that you're doing the right thing in preparing yourself though. So good luck and have a good ride!

well these are the sort of replies i give value. Everyone just saying "You have no idea", "you have no clue" etc, if your going to take the time and type, and you disagree with someone or can see their wrong, if you can see their wrong then you must know why, and if you do then you might as well explain why, just like you did now.

and yeh like you said im just trying to undrestand as much about it as i can and of course alot of things i will only learn by exprience.

but thanks for the reply, it was qalityThumbs up

sc001
#154 Posted : 12/10/2012 2:36:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I wasn't criticizing your post. If you want to think you know what to expect, go ahead and think it. But you really don't. You can't. It's that simple. And I don't need to be able to read your mind in order to make that assertion. I make it because if you did have any idea whatsoever, you'd be the first person ever who had.

I'd had hundreds of psychedelic experiences prior to DMT, read every trip report and book on the subject that I could get my hands on, and I still didn't have the slightest clue what a breakthrough was or might entail. Even now, with hundreds of first hand experiences under my belt, I still have no idea what it is or what the hell to expect - and every time I think that I do, it proves me wrong completely.

Your saying you know what to expect is like making the same statement about death. I've read about death, have even heard stories from people whose hearts have stopped beating - and yet it would be the height of foolish arrogance to assume without the benefit of having died that I know what it's going to be like. Once I'm dead, I guess I'll know. Until then, I probably won't.

So, that is why I made the statement, and why I'll make it again:

You don't.

i dont really get offended with anything, you can say what you want, it wouldnt distrupt me internally.

If i get a reply i expect more then people just telling me i have no idea, with out saying why or based on what.

also i wasnt trying to predict where or what i was going to be after taking DMT, i was only saying im starting to get an idea of what to expect. Just the fact of knowing that anything can happen and you cant predict it, that it self is an idea of what to expect. I obviously know you cant predict what the trip would be like or where it would begin, its like saying i go to sleep everynight knowing where i was going to find my self and knowing what was going to happen.

Bill Cipher
#155 Posted : 12/10/2012 3:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sc001 wrote:
i was only saying im starting to get an idea of what to expect.

You're not.

3rdI
#156 Posted : 12/10/2012 3:35:20 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Laughing
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

fool of the year

sc001
#157 Posted : 12/11/2012 3:07:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
sc001 wrote:
i was only saying im starting to get an idea of what to expect.

You're not.

so people are talking shit when they say after you take DMT, anything can happen and you could be anywhere or anything and every exprience is diffrent and hard to remember?Stop

d*l*b
#158 Posted : 12/11/2012 4:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the point is that you have to go in with an open mind and a willingness to give in. Expect the unexpected. This in itself means you, I and everyone else here has no idea of what to expect. None of us can give you any good explanation of what the experience holds, it falls outside of that which words can adequately describe. Whatever the prep talk you cannot truly have any clue what to expect. Even after tens, hundreds or thousands of journeys you will still be rolling an infinite-sided die.

You may, like me, find that your first experiences leave you wondering what all the fuss is about and be lulled into a false sense of security. You may find your first experience catapults you to a heaven, hell or somewhere in between that you could never have imagined and will have a hard time elucidating to yourself or anyone else.

Whilst some comments directed at you may seem harsh but it is the truth. Nobody has a clue, we are delving into a multiverse of infinite novelty. Suck it and see if you think it is for you, you will find out if it is soon enough.

Keep your wits about you and take everything you discover with a good few kilos of salt.
D × V × F > R

sc001
#159 Posted : 12/11/2012 5:03:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
I think the point is that you have to go in with an open mind and a willingness to give in. Expect the unexpected. This in itself means you, I and everyone else here has no idea of what to expect. None of us can give you any good explanation of what the experience holds, it falls outside of that which words can adequately describe. Whatever the prep talk you cannot truly have any clue what to expect. Even after tens, hundreds or thousands of journeys you will still be rolling an infinite-sided die.

You may, like me, find that your first experiences leave you wondering what all the fuss is about and be lulled into a false sense of security. You may find your first experience catapults you to a heaven, hell or somewhere in between that you could never have imagined and will have a hard time elucidating to yourself or anyone else.

Whilst some comments directed at you may seem harsh but it is the truth. Nobody has a clue, we are delving into a multiverse of infinite novelty. Suck it and see if you think it is for you, you will find out if it is soon enough.

Keep your wits about you and take everything you discover with a good few kilos of salt.

I only listen to comments of vlaue.

im in no way trying to figure out what the journey will hold im only trying to gain as much info as i can as guidance.

narrow minded people are getting the assumption that im trying to figure out what journey im going to find my self in or what is going to happen and amongst all the rubbish comments im getting the sort of comments im looking for which is why im here trying to get peoples points of view and thoughts based on their exprience.

So another thing i want to know is, after taking DMT and your in a trip, do you have any level of control?? as in in that exprience do you decided on anything, do you interact with anything or anyone, do you choose to walk or fly from here to there?

Or is there another force in control of what you do, exprience or how you interact.

I assume regardless of if it is DMT or LSD etc at the end of the day once you take it, your still the "watcher", its you who "sees", and you can think and decide weather concioussly or unconcioussly.

Or maybe once you take it, its just like watching a movie and just sit back and watch everything that happens with no interaction or control?

these are the sort of things im trying to find out, which unless if the drug erases your memory upon exit then you should be able to look back on some expriences and explain what you witnessed as bizzar as it may sound.

I am admiting i have no exprience and only trying to find out as much as i can, but there are some people here who have grown their ego with DMT trips and think their a powerful person because of their exprience on the trips and whne someone with no exprience comes and tries to find out info, they go to their super ego mode with the typical replies which are worthless and uninteligent.

but if you look at some other replies, you can clearly see that those people are just been real and talking from knowledge and their comments have alot more value.

sc001
#160 Posted : 12/11/2012 5:12:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

to make it easier can people with exprience just tell me some recent trips they remember and what happened in as much detail as posiible. from when you consumed dmt, to what happened next etc?

«PREV678910NEXT»