We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123

universecannon
#41 Posted : 1/14/2010 6:23:52 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

soulfood wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
OnthePath wrote:
I won't even start on the whole bottled water epidemic - how stupid are we?

Ha! I know what you mean. Perhaps we need to be issued water bottles to be refilled at dispensaries (already a growing trend) and bottled water made commercially illegal (though still kept in stock for emergency situations of course).

Good luck with that.

It'll be bottled air next. What a genius scam.

From this day onwards I will be replacing the word "business" with the word "scam"

scary stuff man
http://www.failedsuccess...nned_oxygen_flavored_air

I'm not suprised people are reacting like this to the film. It paints a realistic picture of our collective attitude and way we are going with our planet, that hopefully is scaring tons of peeps out of their naps. I like how people walked away from it longing for a planetary connection to earth like the naavi had, and i hope they discover da sacred plant tools ;]

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#42 Posted : 1/14/2010 6:52:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the concept of recycling goes beyond just what recycling companies do...composting is recycling as well...dont worry your not bursting any bubble..

everything is recycled...thats how nature works..ever see an old growth forest? Recycling is one of the most important things for us to be doing..what really is waste?..things that dont easily break down in the environment without becomming environmentally toxic?...if everything was biodegradable we'd be alot better off..thats recycling..

Sure we need to stop cutting down forests and wahtnot and find better sources for paper and plastics etc..like hemp..
Long live the unwoke.

soulfood
#43 Posted : 1/14/2010 7:16:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

what we need is to eliminate the need for anything that could be considered disposable i.e. paper and plastics.

What do we really need them for in the modern age?

mew
#44 Posted : 1/14/2010 7:25:21 PM

huachumancer

fractal enchantment wrote:

I think our best bet is ayahuasca. People need to learn how to see.

cheers!! i totally agree.

eywa = momma aya

OnthePath
#45 Posted : 1/14/2010 9:22:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Composting is good. Too bad we create so many useless products that have half lives of over 500,00 years. Just look at McDonalds toys which might capture the attention of a child for 10 minutes.

VisualDistortion
#46 Posted : 1/15/2010 6:56:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Godspark wrote:
http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/movies/canadian-press/article.aspx?cp-documentid=23236858&wa=wsignin1.0

"The Vatican newspaper and radio station are criticizing James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster for flirting with the idea that worship of nature can replace religion - a notion the pope has warned against."

"In a recent World Day of Peace message, the pontiff warned against any notions that equate human beings with other living things in the name of a "supposedly egalitarian vision." He said such notions "open the way to a new pantheism tinged with neo-paganism, which would see the source of man's salvation in nature alone, understood in purely naturalistic terms."

I'd rather worship the grass, trees, and air than the petty, self-centered attention freak of the bible.

And on the topic of avatar depression and whatnot. If you are experiencing this, go see the grand canyon, Hike Mt. Shasta, climb Nevada falls, wander yosemite endlessly, drink ayahuasca in brazil, walk along the great wall, dig your toes into the beaches of Portugal. You get the idea, it is a big beautiful world out there, you just need the spirit of adventure.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

VisualDistortion
#47 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:09:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseCannon wrote:
soulfood wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
OnthePath wrote:

Ha! I know what you mean. Perhaps we need to be issued water bottles to be refilled at dispensaries (already a growing trend) and bottled water made commercially illegal (though still kept in stock for emergency situations of course).

Good luck with that.

From this day onwards I will be replacing the word "business" with the word "scam"

scary stuff man
http://www.failedsuccess...nned_oxygen_flavored_air

I'm not suprised people are reacting like this to the film. It paints a realistic picture of our collective attitude and way we are going with our planet, that hopefully is scaring tons of peeps out of their naps. I like how people walked away from it longing for a planetary connection to earth like the naavi had, and i hope they discover da sacred plant tools ;]

Even if they do wake up, they'll just be coddled back to sleep before they know it.

soulfood
#48 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:10:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Good advice Smile

amor_fati
#49 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:28:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

VisualDistortion wrote:
And on the topic of avatar depression and whatnot. If you are experiencing this, go see the grand canyon, Hike Mt. Shasta, climb Nevada falls, wander yosemite endlessly, drink ayahuasca in brazil, walk along the great wall, dig your toes into the beaches of Portugal. You get the idea, it is a big beautiful world out there, you just need the spirit of adventure.

Hell yes! And you don't even necessarily have to go that far, honestly.

Your heaven shall be the Earth, and your tribe shall be your pantheon.

Blackstatis
#50 Posted : 1/15/2010 1:59:38 PM

Johnny Noone

soulfood wrote:
amor_fati wrote:
OnthePath wrote:

Good luck with that.

you haven't been up to the mountains in colorado than i assume. every gas station and t shirt shop sells bottled air. reminds me of space balls. haha

VisualDistortion
#51 Posted : 1/16/2010 12:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone who is depressed after seeing this movie should take a vacation to this place

http://www.gohawaii.com/...of_interest/napali_coast

Read the article and check out the full photo gallery. This is one of the most beautiful places in the world. There is fresh fruit everywhere and it is so temperate that a human can live there year around with no real shelter, which I plan to do for a year; discretely and respectfully of course.

And a movie like avatar should not make this world seem grey, but open up a person's eyes to all the beauty in it. There is so much color, life, and energy every where that you do not need to go to another planet to find it.

Pancho
#52 Posted : 1/26/2010 4:48:45 PM

Reality Gazer

Catolic church is one of the most representative shit that shows the colective stupidity of western world that is going down with this world and all its life beings.
Im West and Im so dissapointed of this civilization that I dont even try to fix it.. Im just a fkn espectator.
DMT is my only way to fly away for a while.
I have seen Space as kaleidoscopic chambers of infinite Knowledge,
I have seen Time as a semiLiquid mass on the hands of a pharaoh,
I have seen God as a warm and white, full of Love Dimention.
...am I really Seeing right now?

Death is the road to awe

Kartikay
#53 Posted : 1/26/2010 5:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

James Cameron should have responded by pointing out that Catholics support cannibalism. I prefer our sacrament.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

'Coatl
#54 Posted : 1/26/2010 5:58:19 PM

Teotzlcoatl

They SHOULD be depressed, we all should, the world is fucked up and I won't be happy until we fix it!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

biopsylo
#55 Posted : 1/26/2010 6:54:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Bottled water is poison anyway..who wants to drink flouride?

i remember in canada, that aquafina bottled water listed the % flouride on the label. this is something you never see in the u.s.

i drink bottled water to AVIOD flouride, because lots of municipalities feel they need to play doctor and medicate the public for their own good.
(i have been meaning to buy an expensive filter to remove it)

when i was 19 i realized this society is plastic and freaked out and gave away all my plastic possessions (free box on the curb). this seemed rational at the time. in fact, my partner and i purge most of our belongings before we go traveling. it is a great feeling to be free of all that weight!
stuff is just stuff, and easy to come by.

the last pope(john paul II) was in total opposition to, and voiced his opposition to industrial hemp, while giorgio armani was making high quality clothing in italy.--but really, no surprise here.

while living in the only industrialized country which denies farmers this valuable crop, i was furious.:evil:

Kartikay
#56 Posted : 1/27/2010 5:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think only one type of fluoride is actually harmful, and that isn't the kind that's usually used to filter water. StumbleUpon just took me to an article about it... but I didn't add it to my favorites and now I'm regretting it.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

vetiarvind
#57 Posted : 2/7/2010 10:07:10 PM

Arvind

The first time I saw avatar I was thinking "Thank you JC for spreading the word!!". All the reservations I've had about society for a while seemed to be conveyed by this movie. Perhaps it would act as an eye-opener by planting a seed of change in the collective mind.
A lot of my friends had feelings of disillusionment and disenchantment about our world after watching this movie, so why not in the general population?
This is it. This is what it was. This is what it will be.

maggiemae
#58 Posted : 2/18/2010 3:11:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

sorry to bump this but to everyone who commented on this topic i thought you might find this interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk2vR8w2sjc
My SWIM wants to be friends with your SWIM

PREV123