We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
First DMT exp. Psychedelic crisis Options

Voidmatrix
#21 Posted : 11/9/2021 6:28:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Stelliferous91 wrote:
I really Try to be Aware of the hollowness they incite into the poor people Living by Them yet i find myself in a dmt frency mocked by their precense within myself.

I find this very interesting, because I have experienced this too. I want to share a bit more, because I feel this is related. Last time I was belittled about my spiritual ambitions, like don't I understand that if I really want to have the fulfillment I'm seeking for I'm wasting my time living the urban life and I should know by now about the people living the secluded life approaching nirvana.

After that experience I wrote in my notebook that my goals and my deeds don't align and that causes unhappiness. I had to process this for a few days and this morning I had by sudden a very clear moment of thought: I'm not moving to the mountains for now. I have a life and purpose here and I better commit to it. It's the craving, even when in spiritual form or disguise that distracts me from the path I already am on. DMT gave me an important lesson making visible what I kept unresolved in my heart. However it was I who needed to do the work to decide what I'm going to make of it.

This brings a saying to mind: "It's easy being the monk on the mountaintop." This succinctly highlights the inherent difficulty of achieving certain goals with societal influence in the picture. All the same, Enlightenment can be attained anywhere, and for some it may be through service.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Stelliferous91
#22 Posted : 11/9/2021 6:43:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:

A meditation practice may be really good for you at this time. A practice in which you sit in stillness with some particular focus and a great deal of introspective observation may help you sew the proper strands together in understanding your current feelings and situation. And good for you for resisting the desire to hit the bottle. While it's never been an issue for me (I simply don't drink because it's not interesting or enjoyable for me), it has been for some that I am close to, and by being a witness to their struggles am aware of the high degree of difficulty that can lie therein.

You seem to be getting a handle on things, but just know, if you need it, you have support here.

One love

I Will give it a Try. Cant say i have much experience with it, but i guess its just about being quiet and accepting whatever comes to mind without engaging in it as in “oh tomorrow i have to do this and that” but just focus on whatever is inside or?

Alcohol addiction is so ugly. Deeply destructive towards health and life.

Thank you for saying so. Much apriciated.
If you ever change your mind about leaving it all behind remember, remember, No Geography

Voidmatrix
#23 Posted : 11/9/2021 8:31:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Stelliferous91 wrote:
Voidmatrix wrote:

A meditation practice may be really good for you at this time. A practice in which you sit in stillness with some particular focus and a great deal of introspective observation may help you sew the proper strands together in understanding your current feelings and situation. And good for you for resisting the desire to hit the bottle. While it's never been an issue for me (I simply don't drink because it's not interesting or enjoyable for me), it has been for some that I am close to, and by being a witness to their struggles am aware of the high degree of difficulty that can lie therein.

You seem to be getting a handle on things, but just know, if you need it, you have support here.

One love

I Will give it a Try. Cant say i have much experience with it, but i guess its just about being quiet and accepting whatever comes to mind without engaging in it as in “oh tomorrow i have to do this and that” but just focus on whatever is inside or?

Alcohol addiction is so ugly. Deeply destructive towards health and life.

Thank you for saying so. Much apriciated.

Meditation is very broad. Pretty much every religious practice has their own version, even if using a different term.

It takes practice, so don't expect too much of yourself. We live in a world of almost constant stimulation, and as such, sitting quietly can cause the mind to generate it's own stimulus to fill the void usually filled by external stimuli.

For a mindfulness approach, create a space that you would like to be in (Ihave an altar and meditation mat and cushion). Before entering the space, make a conscious choice to leave all else outside of it; conversation you may have been having before, thoughts about what to do after, maybe an uncomfortable interpersonal interaction, etc. Enter the space. Once there and comfortable, try surrendering to stillness (easier said than done) and choose to be actively aware, observing yourself, how you feel in your body, what's going on in your mind, your breath, etc, withholding judgement throughout. A mantra can help to. One I typically use is "just be," or "be still." Try 5 to 10 minutes, refocusing gently when you notice you'reoff track. Always be patient when bringing yourself back toyour focus.

I will sometimes focus on focusing... it's a fun one.

That's a brief bit to get you going. I'm work, but can share more later if you like.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Stelliferous91
#24 Posted : 11/9/2021 9:09:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds comprehensible. Ill give it some tries over the next week. Thank you. Smile
If you ever change your mind about leaving it all behind remember, remember, No Geography

PREV12