We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Strange Coincidence Involving DMT and Jesters Options

SleepyeArt
#21 Posted : 1/26/2016 1:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well ive gathered loads and loads of people on shroomery, DMTnexus and my youtube channel who claim to see the jester or a clown while on DMT

hopefully all the explorations will be linked so people will be able to look at the evidence.

well, this is good.

thanks everyone.
I guess the real task is getting this information passed esoteric knowledge and into mainstream psychology Smile

imagine a trigger that can stimulate an encounter with archetypes of the collective unconscious to actually study it instead of it being just theory.
Cool
invaluable tool for psychology no doubt

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMT_Tom
#22 Posted : 1/29/2016 7:03:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Glossolalia wrote:
Ah, the jester, the first entity I ever met.

In my first toke of DMT I (lacking a scale) used a corner of a playing card to put a spot of spice on some marijuana. When I smoked it, I saw a spinning mandala that would break apart and reform itself into a playful but somewhat condescending/mocking jester.

I concluded that this must be because I used the joker from the pack of cards I used to pack the bowl, so it was lingering in my thoughts and came out again in the form of a hallucination.

That's when I saw the DMT art of others much like your own, depicting a very similar jester. I had heard of machine elves, but never of jesters. The fact that so many people perceive this archetype is quite fascinating. Perhaps the fact that I used a joker card as a spoon was merely a coincidence.

Perhaps only half-seriously, I interpreted the jester as a kind of playful guardian of the first gate. If he frightens you, then DMT is not for you, and you should just stop. But if you want to play with the jester, "smoalk moar" as they say, and he'll open the door to the next dimension.

I remember once having broken through, flying through hyperspace at a million miles a minute, and out of the corner of my eye the jester appeared and gave me a thumbs-up symbol, as if to say "you made it!"

Oh heck yeah. Everything he said above.
The most vivid entity I ever saw was a multi-dimensional jester morphing out of my bedsheets. It was playing with me, toying with my soul. This was the worst trip of my life, but the Jester was so amazing that I can only remember and focus on the positive side that I actually got to SEE such a being... I mean, i saw it!!
Yeah it's fascinating that so many people report this jester think. Jokers. It's a profound thing. In my belief system, I believe that it was a sort of angel to me (or maybe a demon... but I believe that the power of evil is lower and subject to the powers of Good, so i think it worked out for the Good for me).
Frightening, awe-inspiring, terrifying, bedazzling, incomprehensible, beautiful, chaotic? all of the above.
“You, of all people, deserve your own love and affection.” -Buddha

For God so loved the world...
God is Love

zapped17
#23 Posted : 5/16/2016 5:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SleepyeArt wrote:
Hey everyone!

A while ago i made a video on youtube showcasing my DMT jester digital painting to try to promote myself as a beginning artist, almost immediately after i get a comment from a raver kid saying he was so shocked when he saw the jester in his first DMT trip and he posted the digital painting he made and it was like almost the EXACT fucking composition i made, the place of the jester and its hands, and the background color scheme. his background was a little more basic but more dmt like in my opinion because it was circus checkered patterned square room..

then i get a comment from a lady saying she just broke thru 1 night ago and had a bad trip of 4 jesters that were being like sexually aggressive with her, she said the background was (pink and red CHECKERED patterning and she posted a picture of a black and white checkered room which is pretty much exactly the same as the other commenters digital painting.

literally all the things we made and posted had connecting archetypes and elements that are too visible to ignore.
Ive had issues with psychedelics where they pretty much cause probability to be thrown out the window and synchronicity runs a muck, but that could just be because psychedelics increase pattern recognition making you notice things you might not have so you might just be finding more meaning in things, but some of the synchronicities are linked in chain reactions and are statistically highly improbable.
Ive talked to a guy that claims its an anti-entropy effect on reality and probability which happens when you dose. Could be.

But i have noticed some strange shit.
back to jesters, for one, its one of Carl Jung's MAIN archetypes, (jester,trickster,clown) of the collective unconscious.

But Carl Jungs collective unconscious is considered pseudo-scientific with no evidence to back it up, Hopefully you see where i might be driving at. Big grin
I've looked up what other people on Nexus think about it and some have over simplified it as Pareidolia and brushed it aside as nonsense.
But what happened in my video is probably the first step to actually testing this hypothesis, because the amount of similarities we displayed is completely unlikely in what we drew. I think art is the only way we really can get to the bottom of this phenomenon.
We didnt synchronize this coincidence ourselves it just happened.
But i strongly think something more profound is taking place here besides "Pareidolia"

please check it out and decide for yourselves.
VIDEO ABOUT JESTERS AND CLOWN ARCHETYPES

I think you'll find as you continue looking into these phenomena that the DMT jester is but one of quite a few highly specific, culture-free archetypes (for want of a better word) that appear to the DMT experient. You said somewhere that you're surprised no one in universities are attempting to examine any of this. That's not exactly true. For instance, one of the Nexus' own members - a computational neuroscientist named Andrew Gallimore - has written a few papers you might want to check out. I'd start with "Building Alien Worlds" 2013 (available on his website), then maybe "DMT and the Simulated Universe". Also, experimental psychologist David Luke has written a number of papers on psychedelic phenomena - see e.g., "Discarnate Entities and DMT", "Disembodied Eyes Revisited: An Investigation into the Ontology of Entity Encounters", and "Altered States of Consciousness, Mental Imagery, and Healing". Breaking Convention is a recently initiated interdisciplinary academic conference on psychedelia - there's a large amount of conference presentation videos posted on Vimeo under "Breaking Convention" collection (a mixed bag of extremely interesting stuff). (There's several books written on these and related subjects from academic perspectives, but I'll leave it at that for now.)

Also relevant to this discussion is a study by Naranjo, [Naranjo, C. (1967). Psychotropic properties of the harmala alkaloids.] Naranjo took 30 naive, urban Chileans - that is, with no prior knowledge of the content of shamanic visions - into the jungle to partake in a psychotropic ceremony (using harmalas). While it's not exactly clear how well controlled this study was (it was conducted decades ago), most of the naive urban participants reported the same "archetypal" visions endemic in shamanic cultures.

I think we have to be careful when assessing the language/semantics of verbal reports used to describe DMT imagery. Often the experience goes far beyond what possible to describe, so the subject selects the most familiar archetype in his narrow cultural, linguistic repertoire to ascribe to the experience, in order to make it communicable to others. Also, the idea that we are presented with sensory "noise" and that our brain/ mind imposes or projects certain archetypes upon this, doesn't really answer the question of why our experience ultimately gets to have the content it does (i.e., why are certain highly specific things are projected in certain specific ways?) It is to offer an interesting hypothesis about the mechanism involved in perception, but we should realize this just pushes the question back a step. Ultimately, based on phenomenological considerations, I think this type of explanation is somewhat better suited to aspects of low-to-medium dose experiences on mushrooms, lsd, etc - for instance when one is looking at a stucco wall or a cloud and begins to "see" faces and figures in it.

nina
#24 Posted : 5/16/2016 7:38:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I also saw a jester on DMT (and on LSD) that showed up with a checkerboard background. I find it really interesting that checkerboard patterns are a theme with some people...I had no idea other people saw the same thing!

Jesters are the most interesting part of the DMT experience for me. Smile

Felnik
#25 Posted : 5/16/2016 9:11:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like it or not the jester motif is something many people
have experienced. It's absolutely fascinating. of all things it could be the fact that it's jester imagery is just plain bizarre. In my first baby steps with dmt , the jester carnival theme was present for sure. Years later it's no longer the case. It seems to me from reading many experience reports and personal experience that the jester theme is something that hits people new to dmt. People with little or no previous experience with it . It's also usually a high dose and not necessarily a fun experience. The jester zone for me as I remember was super creepy and weird beyond description. Actually It used to feel like a test of some kind.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

zapped17
#26 Posted : 5/16/2016 9:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:
Like it or not the jester motif is something many people
have experienced. It's absolutely fascinating. of all things it could be the fact that it's jester imagery is just plain bizarre. In my first baby steps with dmt , the jester carnival theme was present for sure. Years later it's no longer the case. It seems to me from reading many experience reportsand oerdonsl experience that the jester theme is something that hits people new to dmt. People with little or no previous experience with it . It's also usually a high dose and not necessarily a fun experience. The jester zone for me as I remember was super creepy and weird beyond description. Actually It used to feel like a test of some kind.

Are the jester experiences different from that of the machine-elves? I've read somewhat conflicting information on this, and I'm wondering if these are two distinct entities/experiences, or if they pick out the same thing. What would you say, based upon your experiences and knowledge of others'?

Felnik
#27 Posted : 5/22/2016 3:08:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have thought for a long time that there are some experiences that are triggered loops of some kind. Like programs of sorts that play out. The jester thing and the machine elves seem to fall into that category for me. it has a very old feeling to it and yet advanced in some way as well.
I used to get these scary fast moving cartoon-like experiences that felt as though I was interacting with something in real-time. Over time after many many repeated experiences in fact I realized that these were just like little weird movies playing out
Almost like a program triggered by the dmt and a certain mind state in the moment. Jungle spice and burning the stuff seemed to be a couple of things I noticed that could bring this on. There is also a vague sense that these quick strange looping experiences are trying to test or scare you in some way. If it was soley the plants I would therorize it is some kind of defense mechanism.
No matter what at this stage in human development it's just plain weird x 100
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

PREV12