We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV89101112NEXT»
Why you should NOT take DMT Options

hug46
#181 Posted : 1/29/2013 5:43:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don"t agree. There are some people who are just not wired for psychedelics and just one experience can turn your world upside down, and not in a good way, for a long time if not permanently. I understand where you are coming from from an idealistic point of view, but perhaps it is a little naive in relation to human nature.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Awe
#182 Posted : 2/14/2013 11:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to thank everyone for all their wisdom that they've shared here. I hope to take at least some of it with me into my first ceremony coming up very soon.

cire113
#183 Posted : 2/18/2013 1:13:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread has been good to read;

I personally myself have broken through and my whole life led up to that point....

Divine Moment of Truth.........

DMT will tell you experience who you really are if you dig deep enough...

I can see why many ppl keep quiet about it; I understand...

~~``anonymous``~~
#184 Posted : 2/21/2013 5:53:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:

Not many will make a genuine effort to convince you that this might not be for you. Here we in the nexus realize the ramifications of this path. You cannot simply forget what will prove to be one of the most powerful experiences you will ever have in your life.

If DMT accomplishes nothing else it does do one thing, it alters perceptions beyond what the common mind can attain through conventional means, it opens doors, some which you may not be prepared to go through. It is a traumatic experience that is profound, intense and life changing for many, the most powerful mind altering experience a human being will most likely ever undertake.

The journey takes a great deal of faith in one’s own faculties to catapult themselves into this unknown territory, even more to deal with what comes thereafter. In the end you must decide if you are ready for such an undertaking and you must also realize that DMT offers very few answers, just bigger questions and a little perspective to let you see your life, our state of being, and the underlying framework of it all.

I promise you who are seeking answers you will have far more questions once you have broken through to the other side than you did before. Many of those initial questions will only grow deeper and more complex, you cannot unlearn what you see, for some at certain points in life ignorance is bliss, adding burden to an already struggling mind will afford no relief. This is a path that takes considerable dedication as well as mental discipline. It is so easy to lose oneself in a world that is far more real than the one in which you exist now.

There is no beginner level with this path. It’s all at once, choose wisely and think on this, you have a lifetime to experience things. Are you ready to take such a step at this point in life? DMT will always be here for you this experience will never vanish completely from the world. Sometimes waiting later in life makes this undertaking all that more beneficial. It is not a sprint to the end, it is a long marathon. Pace yourself, be sure you are ready, it is hard to turn back, for some it is impossible, this is not a game there are real consequences to this journey.
very nice what you said is 100% correct Smile i kind of wish i would have read this b 4 i tried it lol oh well tho it is what it is Smile

JacFlasche
#185 Posted : 2/21/2013 7:18:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say it is pretty simple. Don't take DMT if you think you are your mind and you do not want to be disabused of that assumption. But perhaps being that I have never taken DMT I really don't have the right to say that. But perhaps being that I have broken through without the use of any recreational molecules -- I do.

Hieronymous
#186 Posted : 2/21/2013 10:07:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with the original post & it I think it should be compulsory reading for newcomers to psychedelics.

The circles I move in (for recreation) are predominantly experienced psychedelic users & there seems to be a consensus amongst most of them that an experienced psychedelic user should start with a breakthrough dose of DMT and then move to a smaller dose & work back up to a breakthrough/borderline breakthrough dose. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I agree with that mentality, some people could run into serious trouble with that philosophy.

In my experience people can do many sub breakthrough doses over years and still not be prepared for the big one when it comes.

For me a breakthrough dose on the second attempt was perfect, I coughed the first time and wasted some smoke so I didn't achieve a breakthrough.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating large doses for anyone, I'd experienced ego death several times before I tried DMT and I'd taken some massive doses of mushrooms (over 20g) - so I wasn't afraid to die.

If you've never done large doses of other psychedelics then chances are you will have your world ripped apart by DMT. The other psychedelics don't really prepare you for DMT but they can give some context to evaluate your decision to breakthrough.

Know thyself
& be safe

Nunz
#187 Posted : 3/5/2013 2:24:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. New poster here but this thread antagonized me enough to post.

After 30+ hard breakthrough experiences with high quality smokable DMT I realize that most people talking about DMT are creating a fear-mongering atmosphere over the drug. DMT is by far the cleanest and safest psychedelic experience you can have. The cleansing and realigning effects of DMT are not to be horded but should be offered to friends and family who have open minds.

I feel as though most posters on this site are going out of their way to create a mystical atmosphere to DMT rather than being supportive in creating a new/safer culture.

DMT should not be seen as the gate-keeper to the 'cool kids club' but instead a tool for humans to cleans their environment, personal relationships with others and mental/spiritual blocks of their own ego.

I'd insist anyone interested in psychedelics to try DMT first prior to any other type. The length of the trip and your own ego/fear will keep you from going too deep into the trip your first time. I've noticed that the ego seems to create 'mental hurdles' which tend to suggest to your body to stop hitting the pipe. Most people with limited ego experiences will give into these suggestions.

Well, anyways, I've been enjoying most posts in this forum. I might be back to make some more! Maybe you guys will hear from me soon!

Nunz

Aries
#188 Posted : 3/9/2013 6:16:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm in the process of gathering as much knowledge and insight as I can absorb about DMT, will it lead to anything? Who knows.

DMT hasn't found me, and I'm not comfortable doing anything on my own which could put me in a legal situation, that would be irresponsible to those who depend on me.

Even so, I remain extremely facinated and constantly drawn to the experience, I've been dreaming about it frequently as well.

As I said, not sure where any of this leads me, but I truely appreciate the information shared in this thread.

Bless.

d*l*b
#189 Posted : 3/14/2013 2:16:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JacFlasche wrote:
I would say it is pretty simple. Don't take DMT if you think you are your mind and you do not want to be disabused of that assumption. But perhaps being that I have never taken DMT I really don't have the right to say that. But perhaps being that I have broken through without the use of any recreational molecules -- I do.

I think you should wait until (if) you decide to work with DMT, these are massive assumptions.
D × V × F > R

d*l*b
#190 Posted : 3/14/2013 2:22:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nunz wrote:
After 30+ hard breakthrough experiences with high quality smokable DMT I realize that most people talking about DMT are creating a fear-mongering atmosphere over the drug. DMT is by far the cleanest and safest psychedelic experience you can have. The cleansing and realigning effects of DMT are not to be horded but should be offered to friends and family who have open minds.

I feel as though most posters on this site are going out of their way to create a mystical atmosphere to DMT rather than being supportive in creating a new/safer culture.

DMT should not be seen as the gate-keeper to the 'cool kids club' but instead a tool for humans to cleans their environment, personal relationships with others and mental/spiritual blocks of their own ego.

We are not trying to be gatekeepers to any club here. We are advising people take care and giving forewarning of what can be a difficult and traumatic experience.

You may have come out of the other side happy and comfortable, there are examples of situations where people find it creates them difficulties.

DMT side-effects and Hypnagogia
I need to take a break
DISTURBING screaming with DMT and trip-like dreams upon waking up
F*** DMT
I smoked DMT 3 years ago and it changed me, in a bad way, and I need some advice!
A little warning from someone who's smoked loads of DMT
The portal to other worlds is still open; smells like trouble
I am very very very worried, First time DMT experience
Things are not good - Please need urgent guidance
Post DMT anxiety/paranoia - advice please?

DMT is not for everyone and can potentially lead to problems, all we are doing here is advising that people think before they dive in.

I don't think that I, or anyone else here, wants to fear monger but we cannot simply brush the fact that taking a very strong psychedelic has risks under the carpet.
D × V × F > R

starway6
#191 Posted : 3/31/2013 3:01:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There has been a lot of good and confusing advice here about DMT..
So far.. I have only felt the full effects of a tiny dose Of ACRB DMT and even though the come up is slower than MHRB DMT ..it still gains speed fast..
So far..I find DMT experiance far from a gentle experiance.. but Salvia Divinorum to me seems a very gentle but strong experiance..
I feel salvia is giving me something I need ..only to explain this to the world might be a waist of time..we are all individuals with individual needs..
Many have said that DMT cant give one everything they want ..but i find this statement strange ..considering these people continue to use it..
They must be getting something from their experiance in return.. or they would shun it forever....
Dmt is very powerfull.. and not everyone will like it..
This fact was true durring the.. [1965 ..1975 era] when good LSD was available most people always chose [LSD] over the less popularand less known DMT of that time..
It was less popular then [only because of its reputation then of being a cannon shot to the moon kind of trip..
I think if Good clean [LSD were available and leagle] in the States and other parts of the world it would quickly leave DMT behind in popularity as it did durring the 60s and 70s....
Because many of the doors reached by the DMT experiance can be also reached with a more gentle but longer LSd experiance..
Common sense tells me ..that DMT offers a person something that can not be put in to simple words or it would not be so popular these days..
People need things that can not be found in a dreary day to day year to year existance in a world created by someone else .
This is like living with a cage padlocked around our heads..
People need freedom and increased awareness to to advance and improve in many ways..
In the bible ..they spoke of finding manna in the desert to quence their thirst and releive their hunger..this manna they spoke of sounded much like magic mushrooms!
Mankind has many kinds of hungers and i belive these chemicles were put here for those who need it.!
Peace..

Nunz
#192 Posted : 4/2/2013 10:51:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
Nunz wrote:

We are not trying to be gatekeepers to any club here. We are advising people take care and giving forewarning of what can be a difficult and traumatic experience.

You may have come out of the other side happy and comfortable, there are examples of situations where people find it creates them difficulties.

I need to take a break
F*** DMT
I smoked DMT 3 years ago and it changed me, in a bad way, and I need some advice!

DMT is not for everyone and can potentially lead to problems, all we are doing here is advising that people think before they dive in.

I don't think that I, or anyone else here, wants to fear monger but we cannot simply brush the fact that taking a very strong psychedelic has risks under the carpet.

Of the 10+ people I've broken through not one has had a bad experience.

I don't see a warning thread for lsd which is far more traumatic.

I mean look at the guy who posted the thread "someone who has smoked loads of dmt"... It's bullshit. He doesn't actually 'say' anything. He's fear-mongering. I feel like most of you are just making upb stories. I wonder how many of you are narcs on this forum now/?

SpartanII
#193 Posted : 4/3/2013 2:36:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nunz wrote:

Rolling eyes

Quote:

Wow, generalize much? People can react differently to drugs, depending on many factors such as mental health history, preconceived beliefs, personal perspectives, mindset and setting, dosage, drug-quality, etc.

Enoon
#194 Posted : 4/3/2013 8:30:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Nunz wrote:
d*l*b wrote:
Nunz wrote:

I need to take a break
F*** DMT

I mean look at the guy who posted the thread "someone who has smoked loads of dmt"... It's bullshit. He doesn't actually 'say' anything. He's fear-mongering. I feel like most of you are just making upb stories. I wonder how many of you are narcs on this forum now/?

Uhm, we are the DMT-Nexus, not the LSD nexus, but we do tend to try to give the risks for all substances when applicable.

I don't think stating the risks of a given activity is fear mongering. It's rather important to know them to make an informed choice rather than blindly believing pro or contra propaganda. Instead of glorifying or bashing DMT we are trying to rely on actual experiences as indicators for what can happen.

Most people who have used DMT for some time will agree that the positive sides far outweigh the negatives and that it's rare for anything really traumatic (with repercussions in real life) to happen. However a small percentage of people do find their use has had problematic consequences for them, and it would be dishonest for us to hide this fact.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

olympus mon
#195 Posted : 4/3/2013 6:34:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Wow! A whole 10 people....your like an expert n stuff. Some breakthrough that many in a night.
Mate, stop thinking you KNOW so much. You dont know as much as you think you do! Your posts show this.

Accusing us of making up stories and working with LEO has gone way to far. Enjoy your suspension Nunz.Thumbs down

Keep it up and your gone for good.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Michal_R
#196 Posted : 4/3/2013 11:05:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nunz wrote:
...I don't see a warning thread for lsd which is far more traumatic...

Substances and molecules can never be "traumatic" in themselves (its not their attribute). Only one´s experience can be traumatic. Any psychedelic substance in large dose can, depending on set and setting, result in a traumatic experience.

Nunz wrote:
...I mean look at the guy who posted the thread "someone who has smoked loads of dmt"... It's bullshit...

I don´t think its particularly intelligent to call onother person´s experience "bullshit." Such statements reveal nothing more than one´s immaturity and inability to engage in a rational communication.

the2989
#197 Posted : 4/26/2013 11:17:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is fantastic...it throws a lot of the big questions we ignore right out onto the table for examination.

-What will we gain from this that we can't already seek without the spice?
-Why do we throw ourselves into what could well be an unrecognizable existential oblivion of planet-shattering scale?
-Why do we challenge common logic in putting time & effort into attaining something that could leave you with all sorts of mental scarring and unanswered questions, ultimately leaving you worse off than you were before?

I don't feel like its my job to post a reply here to answer them, rather meditate on them and find my own answers, that way I bring as little baggage as possible into the experience. After all, more baggage = more ego = more struggle for control when the whole point is to let go of it all and recognize what it is that it needs to tell me.

Eegah!
#198 Posted : 5/10/2013 1:57:27 AM

Roaming

This has been one of my favorite threads to read through to date, and it's given me a lot to think about.

I finally made the effort, finally have the fruits of my labor in front of me (in fact, encountering this thread today is a very serendipitous/synchronous event for me). I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous for the full blown experience, and by all accounts given here I guess that's appropriate. But, I'm also proud of myself for taking the time to learn from the experiences of the fine people here and taking the step to turn my bark into bite Big grin . I feel confident, able, centered...maybe not ready for anything, but more ready now than before I read this thread.

Many thanks to all of you!

Namaste
Eaagah caveman. Caveman not real. As such, any posts from this account are works of fiction, a figment of the imagination, and not to be regarded as depictions of real people or events.

"If you prick Eegah, do he not bleed?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9eflhMx08

Hyperspace Fool
#199 Posted : 5/11/2013 11:51:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hard to believe that this thread is still going strong.

Even harder to believe that people new to it are actually going through and reading the whole thing. This is a LOT of reading to do. I have been following it since the beginning and yet it still is daunting to come back and find a new page of comments to read through.

Confused

There are a few times I refrained from jumping back in here, as I feel my handful of posts here already express well what my thoughts are on this matter. The sub theme of elitism for example... and the confounding fact that many people who are attracted to DMT and seek it out wind up being worked over by it, and deem themselves retroactively to have not been ready for the experience. Of course, Pandora's Box is easy to open and nigh impossible to shut. Meanwhile, many people who have never heard of DMT, and are not particularly drawn to it or other psychedelic drugs are often primed for the experience and benefit immensely from it.

After decades of introducing people to hyperspace, I feel I have a good sense of who can handle it, who shouldn't do it, and who absolutely should. It is a subjective sense, and not one that can be codified easily. There are people I give spice to who would never have asked me for it... and people who beg me to get some who I will never give it to.

This is not because of some "cool kids club" thing as some posters have intimated. First of all, I haven't been a kid since Nixon was still president. And, I am not at all concerned with being cool or other ridiculous concepts of the juvenile mind. This is serious business.

But, there is exclusivity involved in this, and rightfully so.

I suppose if I had to boil it down, I would say the qualities that are most important in any potential psychonaut, are:

1) An even temperment
2) Patience and caution
3) The ability to let go
4) A sound, yet flexible self image
5) A bare minimum of skeletons in the old closet
6) Critical thinking
7) A facility with meditation
Cool The time to integrate

There are other factors of course... and people who have little or none of the above can often take DMT a number of times before they get their hyperslap... but these things seem to be what is needed to keep you out of jail, the mental hospital, or the morgue.

I am not being hyperbolic. These are very real possible ending points for psychonauts who are reckless or unstable.

Be careful friends... because if you take your time and do it right... spice and aya are the most wondrous things you will ever come across. Beauty of a magnitude that will forever make the rest of life (including LSD) seem hollow and quaint... if not downright pathetic.

I wish all you new people on the path well. Take your time, and work on yourselves... and you should be okay.

HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

cyb
#200 Posted : 5/11/2013 12:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Well said (again) HF...

Newcomers take heed of his post.

(Strassman has a lot to answer for)Confused
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

«PREV89101112NEXT»