We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT

Godspark
#1 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:08:52 PM

NiGHTS into Dreams

http://www.cnn.com/2010/...r.movie.blues/index.html

"James Cameron's completely immersive spectacle "Avatar" may have been a little too real for some fans who say they have experienced depression and suicidal thoughts after seeing the film because they long to enjoy the beauty of the alien world Pandora."

"It's so hard I can't force myself to think that it's just a movie, and to get over it, that living like the Na'vi will never happen."

"Ever since I went to see 'Avatar' I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them."

"When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed ... gray. It was like my whole life, everything I've done and worked for, lost its meaning."

"It just seems so ... meaningless. I still don't really see any reason to keep ... doing things at all. I live in a dying world."

"One can say my depression was twofold: I was depressed because I really wanted to live in Pandora, which seemed like such a perfect place, but I was also depressed and disgusted with the sight of our world, what we have done to Earth. I so much wanted to escape reality."

(Obviously these people haven't heard about a little something called DMT.) Razz

I believe their grief is less about how pretty the special effects are, more about the suprise from how wonderful and loving the archaic lifestyle of binding close tribal relationships can be. The call for group partnership society beckons to them. And this movie reached a shit-ton of people. Hmm, perhaps the 2012 predictions of a massive shift of consciousness has actually begun...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Crystalito
#2 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:17:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
(Obviously these people haven't heard about a little something called DMT.)

Obviously these people haven't heard about a little something called meaningful life,finding happiness in small things and having a good capability to adjust to situations not leaning towards maladaptive behaviours Smile

A lil' bit of "living the small moments of life" ,goes a long way.

ElusiveMind
#3 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:19:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good article. That movie definitely was inspiring. Very happy
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Madcap
#4 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:21:39 PM

illudium Q-36

I once heard that the suicide rates for young native american's was very high. I imagine they hear the stories of their ancestors and feel very similar to what the person in the above interview felt. except for them it wasn't a movie about a land that never existed... but a land their far relatives actually lived in.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

hedcase
#5 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:27:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcapv2 wrote:
I once heard that the suicide rates for young native american's was very high. I imagine they hear the stories of their ancestors and feel very similar to what the person in the above interview felt. except for them it wasn't a movie about a land that never existed... but a land their far relatives actually lived in.

I live quite close to a large reservation in Eastern Canada.There was a rash of suicides among young Native men here years ago..it seems to have ceased in the last 2 or 3 years, but many of my friends lost someone in that time.
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember Antrocles felt the same way about Paul Blart Mall Cop. I tried to tell him at the time that I thought he was overreacting.

hedcase
#7 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:37:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I remember Antrocles felt the same way about Paul Blart Mall Cop. I tried to tell him at the time that I thought he was overreacting.

Laughing
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

jamie
#8 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I felt the same way the day after seeing it..and it brought back all this anger that I had towards our society..and I tried to fix it with DMT later that night..but it didn't help.

Im not surprised people feel that way..this society is a freakin hole in the ground..I for one am not a fan of it..sure the little things in life are nice, but that doesnt mean there arent real problems at hand as well..we should be thankful for all the little things, but if we really all did that, we should be able to see how all those little things integrate into the bigger thing.

I think our best bet is ayahuasca. People need to learn how to see.
Long live the unwoke.

jacetea
#9 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:44:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've always felt this way unfortunately. For me, there's two major feelings and ideas that avatar projected (pun intended).

1: We are destroying a once beautiful and life filled planet. Roads are being paved on top of soil and entire forests are chopped down for lumber. Not to mention pollution.
2: It also shows the savageness of corporate greed and military enforcement. There's no question the humans were the bad guys in Avatar.

I think it's good that people feel bad about it. Allow me to clarify, I think it's good that they are recognizing the parallel between Avatar and the human race. If we can get more people to really see what's wrong with ourselves then we can work towards bettering each other. Obviously it's sad that we can't live in the spectacular alien world too but that's only a fragment of it.

Avatar was definitely an eye opener, perhaps they were tricked into seeing a film that would actually open their eyes. I certainly didn't plan on Avatar conveying the feelings it did within me but it was there. In many ways more than taking psychedelics, because it was fully conscious and could formulate proper thoughts while watching.

TL;DR
They had their moral cherry popped.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Xt
#10 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:56:50 PM

Quote:
perhaps the 2012 predictions of a massive shift of consciousness has actually begun...

I think it is. What with the zeitgeist movement, and people generally having put up with this whack shit since the industrial revolution.
Bring on the post neolithic times for sure.

I kinda wanna go see the movie now. Funny how movies can become their own advertising if enough people are talking about it.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

ElusiveMind
#11 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:58:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with u fractal enchantment. IMO some people have become fairly "disillusioned" and no longer see the world for what it really has become. I have never truly been a religious person, or spiritual for that matter, until i took a step back and viewed this world and universe from above.

@ jacetea

Avatar was definitely an eye opener for many of my friends who, for the longest time, never fully understood what i meant after a trip/experience. Mind-manifesting...
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

nodice
#12 Posted : 1/12/2010 11:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am glad to hear some people are snapping out of their Fox News daze.
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

WSaged
#13 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:05:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:

I think I just scared my neighbors with my loud laughter man!!!

Damn, That was funny!!

Laughing
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacetea
#14 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:18:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I am glad to hear some people are snapping out of their Fox News daze.

I'm waiting for it...I honestly would not be surprised if it happens...

"Avatar, the new hit movie, or the new drug for your children to buy at your local radioshack? Tonight we'll examine the possibly depressing and mind altering movie that your children could be watching."
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:53:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is so ridiculous... seriously, one world at a time, fellas. There's so much to the very world we live in, and if it feels so inadequate, work toward and live the change you wish to see. Dissatisfaction is perfectly healthy, but only when it drives you toward higher goals--not if your only source of satisfaction is completely outside of this world (heaven and other fictional worlds).

If you're not sure how to alter your world in an agreeable or exciting manner, well a good chunk of the world's collective knowledge is at your fingertips in one way or another. Perhaps this is the importance of psychedelics in the postmodern condition.

In the case of a Native American youth, it's an incredibly shitty circumstance, but it's much more understandable and less pathetic than this reaction to some box-office smash--the two are hardly comparable. I personally feel that bringing AIM back to its former glory is probably one of the best options available. Otherwise, plenty of youth find ways to reconcile their lineage through certain modern subcultural venues that are able to appreciate such culture. It's quite task though to individually or collectively overcome the centuries of raw dealings, brutality, and cruel or negligent policy, however.

TruePsychonaut
#16 Posted : 1/13/2010 12:54:57 AM

Andy

There hasn't been a film in a long while that has touched me quite like Avatar.Its such a mirror image of where we are today that's so distressing.

T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

ambi-lysergance
#17 Posted : 1/13/2010 1:17:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

xtechre wrote:

I kinda wanna go see the movie now.

please scottVery happy ,
take it from me my friend, you must see this film. and defo please dont leave toooo late to experience its wonder in glasgow imax3d cinema before it rolls out!!!!
Very happy
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

smokeydaze
#18 Posted : 1/13/2010 1:20:01 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Wow, very interesting. I love that movie more than I know.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Skizm
#19 Posted : 1/13/2010 2:19:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jacetea wrote:

They had their moral cherry popped.

HEY! Don't be advocating that people think about the world before the get married. It just ain't rght.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Godspark
#20 Posted : 1/13/2010 3:33:54 AM

NiGHTS into Dreams

http://entertainment.ca....236858&wa=wsignin1.0

"The Vatican newspaper and radio station are criticizing James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster for flirting with the idea that worship of nature can replace religion - a notion the pope has warned against."

"In a recent World Day of Peace message, the pontiff warned against any notions that equate human beings with other living things in the name of a "supposedly egalitarian vision." He said such notions "open the way to a new pantheism tinged with neo-paganism, which would see the source of man's salvation in nature alone, understood in purely naturalistic terms."

123NEXT