We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
hero dog saves mortally wounded dog from sure death....and the lucky pooch survived Options

Dimitrius
#1 Posted : 2/19/2010 7:23:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow...

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Xt
#2 Posted : 2/19/2010 7:40:49 PM

I cant explain how this makes me feel. Emotion.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 2/19/2010 8:09:45 PM

The Great Namah

xtechre wrote:
I cant explain how this makes me feel. Emotion.

I couldn't agree more. Wow. Simply..wow.

Nice find dimitrius!

Dogs have a soul. I don't care what the Catholic Church says. They've got more compassion than many humans I know. My dog is getting extra scritches tonight. Good dog!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 2/19/2010 8:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, mans best friend eh.

That's made my day.

Thanks.

TruePsychonaut
#5 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:06:37 PM

Andy

I think that's evidence enough to prove that we aren't the only ones capable of emotion.I'm quite lost for words after watching that Stop
T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

Espiridion
#6 Posted : 2/19/2010 10:19:13 PM

--who.??..ME??--

I cannot express it either. I am...floored.

I have not felt a wave of chills like that since....idk. Amazing.

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

jacetea
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 10:26:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Absolutely they can feel emotion. How many times have dogs just died off after their master leaves them or dies themselves? I've seen it happen once to a friend of mine and his dog.

Heck, I went away to college and my cat stopped eating back home. She died a few weeks ago.

It's why I get so angry when people abuse animals, they can feel just like we can. I would argue they are better at it than us too because they do not show prejudice.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

antrocles
#8 Posted : 2/20/2010 12:10:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that made me cry. straight up.

thank you so much for that d.

L&G
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

nodice
#9 Posted : 2/20/2010 12:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

\O/ speechless, thank you for sharing that.
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

ms_manic_minxx
#10 Posted : 2/20/2010 4:36:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How many cars drove by while that was happening? :evil:
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

MagikVenom
#11 Posted : 2/20/2010 7:17:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A tear came to my because it amazing. Not many dogs could pull that off. The conditioned humans drove by on there routine drive.
Just as many will turn away from most things.

I have pulled two frozen deer from my yard trapped in snow above there heads. I have since moved lots of snow and put out many bales of hay and I have put out one hundred pounds of cracked corn and have started on my second hundred pound bag.

I have deer that sleep by the doors to my house. There is no place else for them to walk the snow is over there heads here in the Blue Ridge mountains.

Yeah is cold here and the snow is deep record that Global Warming folks.

Snow drifts up to my eyes, Hardest winter in 100 years so far its not over.

That is a hero dog I cant wait for the reunion of the two dogs. Anyone know the condition of the injured dog?

Peace

Dimitrius
#12 Posted : 2/20/2010 7:46:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I'm not the only one whose heart welled up and eyes teared up.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

ms_manic_minxx
#13 Posted : 2/20/2010 7:47:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally cried.

There are some kids I totally have to share this with tomorrow...

SENTIENCE!! There is so much SENTIENCE all around us...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

idtravlr
#14 Posted : 2/20/2010 10:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dogs rule man!
acolon_5 wrote:
Dogs have a soul. I don't care what the Catholic Church says. They've got more compassion than many humans I know. My dog is getting extra scritches tonight. Good dog!

Absolutely acolon! I'm strongly opposed to organized religion of any sort, but I have a great friend with a plaque on his wall that says: "If dog's don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go". That's one of my favorite adages.

I also can't count the times my dogs have came and comforted me in times of hardship or illness. They are truly genuine beings, and "man's best friend" is actually an understatement!

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

ghostman
#15 Posted : 2/20/2010 10:59:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent and touching!

On an even more positive note, you can change the title of the thread from mortally wounded, the lucky pooch survived :-)
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Nordic
#16 Posted : 2/20/2010 2:45:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Angels arew evrywhere, you just need to learn how to look.

Spiced
#17 Posted : 2/20/2010 6:00:52 PM

Terra Incognita

That's beautiful, just amazing.

Now here's what humans do these days...

Just sad.

Bancopuma
#18 Posted : 2/20/2010 9:31:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is amazing...I know dogs are intelligent and compassionate...but this is something else.

What got me was all the cars driving by, so many people completely oblivious or unmoved by the incredible spectacle unfolding in front of them.

And the fact that the dog shows more evidence of some kind of soul than any of the people. Its a strange world and we're a strange species.

Dimitrius
#19 Posted : 2/20/2010 9:52:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^

Oh my god. I could hit every one of those people in the face...you know the feeling I mean.

"Oh wow...look at that...is he okay?"

I don't know inactive dumbfucks. Why don't you walk ten feet to help the fellow human being WHO HAS OBVIOUSLY BEEN HIT BY A CAR!!

God! Uhhhh!! :evil:

Methtical
#20 Posted : 2/20/2010 10:24:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiced wrote:
That's beautiful, just amazing.

Now here's what humans do these days...

Just sad.

It's kind of unfair to judge what people do in that kind of situation. In our minds, we like to think that in that scenario, we would run straight in, stop the traffic, try to see the extent of the injuries whilst telling someone to call an ambulance. Thing is, when this kind of thing happens in front of your eyes.....it scares you, sometimes to the point where you will freeze on the spot.

Me and some friends were going for a drive on a nice summers day, we turn the next road to see a long line of cars and looking ahead we see a car flipped, smoke pouring out and the engine revving high. We jumped out and started running up to the car. We went up there with the intent to help if we could, try and be heroes a bit I suppose. As I was running up a lot of people were just sat in there cars or had got out and were just staring, I was thinking, what the hell is up with these people??

When I got to the overturned car, what I saw froze me to the spot. Basically the car had flipped onto it's side, and the drivers window must have been open, the guys head was out of the window and the top of the window connecting to the roof had landed on top of his head, crushing it into the concrete. There was no doubt about it, the guy was dead. My friend crawled into the front of the car to get a closer look just to see if there was any sign of life, but he was a goner.

There was another car involved in the incident further up the road and my friend ran up to check on them. All the while I am trembling and feeling nauseas and couldn't move or take my eyes off it. My friend comes back asking me to follow him because he needs me to try to break the door off this car because I was stronger then him, but I couldn't move and just shook my head and told him that he shouldn't be moving anyone anyway (the guy had a bad knee injury apparently and removing the door would have been an attempt to get the guy out of the car).

My friends stepdad is a paramedic, and later we found out that the guy who died had been racing home because his wife had called to say their newborn baby wasn't breathing properly and the ambulance was on it's way. Turns out that the baby was fine and the mother was over-reacting. Very sad story.

Anyway, I guess my point is that it's easy to look at a video and think that people are heartless and don't care, but until you have been in that kind of situation yourself you don't truly know how you are going to react. I ran up there with every intent to help out but lost it when I got there. Even if you are the kind of person to not get phased in the heat of the moment, then you still have to acknowledge that not everybody can react like that. My friend who crawled into the front of the car had more guts than me, though he told me he didn;t sleep well for weeks after.

Methtical

12NEXT