We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Different results from different evap methods Options

Jaffster
#1 Posted : 1/22/2016 2:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

For a while SWIM has been extracting using the same method (powdered MHRB using Naptha extract) however during the last extract bought a new evap dish.

For a long time some large roasting dishes have been used, but this time a small Pyrex dish was used. Every other part of the extraction was the same.

On the left is the large roasting dish extraction, on the right is the small Pyrex dish extraction:

Why is this so? The stuff on the right smells far more potent (and DMT'ish' ) than the stuff on the left, but SWIM hasn't tried the stuff on the right yet. I've never seen DMT looking like that before?

I'm scratching my head over this one?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

concombres
#2 Posted : 1/22/2016 3:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stuff on the right is always how my DMT has looked. The only time i got anything different was an extremely fine white powder after re-x but that was due to putting the hot solvent pulls directly into the freezer with no time to cool.

Jaffster
#3 Posted : 1/22/2016 4:21:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
Stuff on the right is always how my DMT has looked. The only time i got anything different was an extremely fine white powder after re-x but that was due to putting the hot solvent pulls directly into the freezer with no time to cool.

Hmmm. From a quick google search, the stuff on the left looks more like the standard freebase DMT that's out there. Examples:

I didn't know if it was because the stuff on the left was older and had spent a couple of months in the freezer, but the stuff on the right has had 2 weeks in the freezer and hasn't changed, other than turning from a waxy consistency to being solid.

concombres
#4 Posted : 1/22/2016 4:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is strange. I have never seen anybody else's DMT in person, but from the looks of those pictures it almost looks like compressed powder chunks vs mine that has always been very crystalline until I chop it up finely.

How are you freeze precipitating? Normally I get my solvent nice & saturated with each pull then throw them all together & evap down to 1/3 volume.
Generally some crystal shards will form on during evaporation & freeze precip just seems to build on those as if they were seed crystals. Always in a small pyrex dish. They come out like the original picture on the right consistantly.

Jaffster
#5 Posted : 1/22/2016 8:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
That is strange. I have never seen anybody else's DMT in person, but from the looks of those pictures it almost looks like compressed powder chunks vs mine that has always been very crystalline until I chop it up finely.

How are you freeze precipitating? Normally I get my solvent nice & saturated with each pull then throw them all together & evap down to 1/3 volume.
Generally some crystal shards will form on during evaporation & freeze precip just seems to build on those as if they were seed crystals. Always in a small pyrex dish. They come out like the original picture on the right consistantly.

Sorry, my post was a bit misleading.

This wasn't done with freeze precipitation, it was done with evaporation. Wasteful, I know.

It goes into the freezer afterwards for storage.