We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
2016 Vaporizer recommendation for N,N DMT Options

upwaysidedown
#21 Posted : 12/29/2015 2:34:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

GVG is just not easy to get your hands on in the UK. Good solution is the VapirRise.

I concur with the vape temp of 185C. Just load up spice on top of a good layer of leaf (Mullein works good), it heats up in about 30 secs, then I leave it another 30 secs or so to ensure vaporisation has happened.

Pump up the fan and fill a bag with a very thick white vapor. Its then a balancing act to get all the vapor, vs not overfill the bag. Too much gas means not enough in the first breath, I think this is where visibility and the GVG allows for efficiency, and the same efficiency can be achieved from a desktop vaporiser with that balance. On 40mg vaped, an entire lungful was only half the bag on one session - but was happily sufficient, the second lungful was then a bonus that made everything very interesting.

Harshness goes with the density of the vapor I think, but at least with a bag situation its definitely cool (temperature wise).

Benefit here is being able to get really comfy before take-off, and not mess with lighters and breakables to hold especially when pre flight nerves are high. For a non smoker and someone who likes to be lying back, very comfy its a definite no mess solution.
I speak as if it were fact, but indeed this is just the insane ramblings of my ego - but my inner self seems to be nodding.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Leithen
#22 Posted : 12/29/2015 4:41:38 PM

Be Here Now

A quick note on my suggestion:

These are for crystals only. Changa and any other herbs will not work. This is clearly a drawback and should be considered strongly (my apologies for not making that clear). Embarrased
I personally do not use enhanced leaf so this is not a problem for me and, in fact, I look only for freebase pieces when considering smoking ROAs.

As for concerns with holding fragile glass with hot nails and torches, the electronic nail takes care of most of this. You will not need a torch as the nail heats up electronically, hence "E-Nail". The nail will stay hot the whole time so you need to be careful, however, leaving the rig on a table with a non-stick mat should take away most concern. I do not even pick up my piece when I am taking a hit, it stays on the table. For me this has never been a problem at all.

I personally prefer this ROA over all others because of the simplicity, the ease of access for me and, mainly, the fact that I can see everything going one. I strongly dislike the fact that in most other vaporization methods one must put the spice in a reservoir and then close it off and not watch it melt. With a rig you can watch the product melt and then watch how much vapor you are inhaling. This helps to dial in the perfect temperature and not get too big or small of a hit.Thumbs up

As for ease of access, most of my friends and I already have these for cannabis concentrates. IF you do have one all you will need is a new nail, compatible with your electronic nail coil and a new piece of glass since it is generally preferred to have DMT only and concentrate only rigs, not combined.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. I can do specific comparisons upon request however I have obviously not used all of these vaporizers and have my own personal bias.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Jaffster
#23 Posted : 12/29/2015 5:48:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
hey there!

if you can, please share your settings for the Solo; do you use a liquid pad? what temp is best....Xtals or changa?

thanks for the help!

cheers Smile

I don't use Changa, only freebase, though I guess this will work for Changa, too. I'll take some pictures next time I visit the other realms.

Cut off a square of tin foil slightly bigger than the radius of the glass pipe end that sits in the vaporizer. Fold it around the large end so that it creates a small cup. Stick your spice into the cup and then fold the edges down so that it's slightly flat. Lift the edges slightly so that is doesn't block the air intake holes when you drop it into the heating element.

Stick the glass pipe in so that it pushes it down to the bottom and then turn it on, I use the 5th temperature setting (which is beyond DMT vaporizing temperatures but it has to heat through the foil) - leave it for a minute to get up to temperature and then smoke away. I can usually manage 3 lung fulls before the vaporizer is being dropped (I actually smashed the straight glass pipe Surprised ). The key is to take long, slow breaths as it doesn't just vaporize the spice in one like a GVG would, it vaporizes more as you smoke it.

You do get a little black/tar residue on the bottom of the heating plate afterwards, but it can just be cleaned off with a cotton bud.

Hope that helps Thumbs up

Edit: Just to add, the foil I'm using at the minute is quite thick. The last roll of foil was really thin and I found the 4th temperature setting to work better for that.

eDNA
#24 Posted : 12/29/2015 5:55:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen,

Thank you very much for clarifying that and for your willingness to post direct comparison opinions. This is the comparison:
http://wizardpuff.com/co...d-puff?variant=810820643
vs.
the PLENTY Vaporizer Set:
http://www.storz-bickel....orizer-complete-set.html

Just to get price out of the way, the E-nail is $210 and then is the $30 Titanium Nail mandatory extra, what else needs to be purchased, what is the total out of pocket cost?
It seems that it wold be $240 with the nail?

The Plenty is $299, it appears that it can be gotten for about $30 less but I am unclear whether the $299 SET listed on the manufacturer web site for $299 is identical to SETS being sold elsewhere for $30 less. And can you confirm that *nothing else* is needed other than what's in the $299 set?

So then to comparisons:
Changa and any other herbs will not work with the E-nail is the drawback there?
Can you post the drawbacks for the PLENTY Vaporizer Set? I take it with it you cannot watch the product melt and then watch how much vapor you are inhaling? Does that drawback apply for the PLENTY and what are the other drawbacks?

Obviously, it would be helpful if anyone who knows of any other products in the $200-$300 range that would compare when it comes to *ease of use* could tell us what they are and most importantly post what they think the advantages/drawbacks are for DMT...?

eDNA
#25 Posted : 12/29/2015 7:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow I just stumbled upon this criticism of the Plenty, what do you think of this:

"You can very easily burn yourself with the Plenty, not so much with the original Volcano. The metal coil gets super hot. There is no way to 'place it down' without laying a burning hot metal coil on something."

"After each of us burning ourselves we didn't even try the Plenty out further. It's a clearly flawed design and for the cost, its a flat out rip off."

"It has exposed burning, hot metal parts. So you have to wait a while before storing it. The volcano can cool down and be stored within 10-15 minutes. The Plenty cannot."

I though that would be E-nail's drawback, but it turns out to be the Plenty's drawback...

ducdevil
#26 Posted : 12/29/2015 10:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jaffster -

great thanks for the clarity! that was really helpful.

one more quick clarification: you are placing the little foil bundle *inside* the bottom of the glass stem, correct? not down into the chamber? that makes sense, actually....like a little "spice basket", no?

research to follow soon Smile

thanks again!

Jaffster
#27 Posted : 12/30/2015 3:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
Jaffster -

great thanks for the clarity! that was really helpful.

one more quick clarification: you are placing the little foil bundle *inside* the bottom of the glass stem, correct? not down into the chamber? that makes sense, actually....like a little "spice basket", no?

research to follow soon Smile

thanks again!

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=68773

Here you go, hope that helps Smile

Leithen
#28 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:01:54 PM

Be Here Now

eDNA wrote:
Wow I just stumbled upon this criticism of the Plenty, what do you think of this:

"You can very easily burn yourself with the Plenty, not so much with the original Volcano. The metal coil gets super hot. There is no way to 'place it down' without laying a burning hot metal coil on something."

"It has exposed burning, hot metal parts. So you have to wait a while before storing it. The volcano can cool down and be stored within 10-15 minutes. The Plenty cannot."

I though that would be E-nail's drawback, but it turns out to be the Plenty's drawback...

I have not used the Plenty so I cannot give a direct comparison however I will answer what I can.

You WILL NOT burn your lips when using an e-nail properly. The only risk of getting burned is if you touch the metal coil that will be several hundred degrees. Although I have seen this happen, with a little caution it is extremely easy to avoid.

As far as heat and storage, this may be a bit of a problem. The nail and coil will have to cool down after powering off the unit. Although the unit and glass should be cool the entire time it will take a few minutes for the rest. I generally leave mine out on the table so this is no problem but just something to keep in mind if you are in a rush.

As for price nails vary pretty drastically in price range. I have seen nails from $15 all the way to $200. Start with the cheapest you can get and make sure it is compatible with YOUR e-nail coil.

Hope this was helpful! Big grin
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”

Leithen
#29 Posted : 12/31/2015 12:47:26 AM

Be Here Now

I found a good comparison of different types of electronic nails online. If you are considering this route you may want to check it out. I think it is a little bias since the company that makes the first E-Nail wrote the review but helpful none the less.

[Here's the link]

eDNA
#30 Posted : 12/31/2015 4:05:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen, thank you so very much. I think that everything you said makes a lot of sense, and your information, especially the comparison chart you just posted, will come in very handy for a second purchase down the road.

The primary specific goal for the first purchase was to not have to experiment, construct, or have any kind of heat source or heat element to worry about... After much research I have regrettably concluded that only one product meets that goal and it is the Crafty Vaporizer:

http://www.storz-bickel....en/crafty-vaporizer.html

DMT is basically placed on its Liquid Pad, it is turned on. Done.
I blame everyone else in the industry for allowing these smart Germans to be the only ones on the planet with this kind of a product to which nothing else comes close, thereby being able to absolutely destroy our pockets on pricing for them, they are way overpriced, IMHO, and they can overprice them because nothing else is out there that can compare.

I am looking forward to researching nails and educating myself with links you provided. But until then:

0. Is 50mg of DMT placed on the Liquid Pad for someone comfortable with the experience a good starting point?

1. What sub $50 milligram scale do you recommend?

2. Until a milligram scale can be secured, perhaps empty-capsules sold at vitamin stores can be used instead seeing as NO STORE in town carries milligram scales accurate below 0.1g which is 100mg (way too much). Which empty capsule size?

3. What temperature should the Crafty be set on, this guy says

Is it 150°C as this guy says:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=697274

or 180°C per this post:
The Traveler wrote:

The boiling point of DMT freebase seems to be around 160C and with a vaporizer you might want to set the temperature around 180C for a solid and constant vaporization.

I myself am testing with the Plenty vaporizer and using the liquid pad that you get with it, I can vape around 5-10mg of DMT in one pull, depending on your lung capacity and how deep you want to inhale. So to vape 25mg of DMT freebase with the Plenty you need around 3 deep pulls.

Leithen
#31 Posted : 12/31/2015 5:06:25 PM

Be Here Now

eDNA wrote:
0. Is 50mg of DMT placed on the Liquid Pad for someone comfortable with the experience a good starting point?

1. What sub $50 milligram scale do you recommend?

2. Until a milligram scale can be secured, perhaps empty-capsules sold at vitamin stores can be used instead seeing as NO STORE in town carries milligram scales accurate below 0.1g which is 100mg (way too much). Which empty capsule size?

0. %0mg seems like a good, if not large, dose. I usually start with less so as not to waste any and simply out of precaution. That said, if you are comfortable with all of it, 50mg seems totally reasonable.

1. As far as scales go I have always used American Weight scales (AWS). This one is a great go-to. You can find ones with .001 accuracy as well. All of them are under $50 and extremely reasonably priced. It is always a good idea to calibrate these (can use a nickel) and re-check every few weeks, however, for the most part they are spot on and extremely reliable. I had mine for well over a year before I gave it to my friend. Still works perfect! Thumbs up

2. To me, using capsules does not seem like an accurate way of measuring out a weight of DMT. Depending on the state your product is in it will have different densities. Because of that I don't think you can accurately measure by volume. I am sure you can get close as the weights probably vary by a small amount but if you are concerned just wait for the scale! Amazon can have it there before the week is over. Big grin

Once again hope I was able to help out a bit. Happy to keep answering questions and share my opinions.

eDNA
#32 Posted : 12/31/2015 6:02:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You were. Thank you.

0. Though this depends on the individual (of course) could you post a word or two on low/high limits off of 50mg mark.

1. Your scale suggestion is good but since this one is also priced in the $20 range, it may be a good alternative because it appears to have a 0.001g resolution: Gemini-20 by American Weigh Scales:
http://www.awscales.com/...portable-milligram-scale

and then this Milligram Calibration Weight Set 1 Mg to 500 Mg appears to be excellent for the price:
http://www.avogadro-lab-...com/item.php?item_id=408

2. Your advice on waiting for both the 0.001g scale and the calibration set is solid!
The idea behind empty capsules from the vitamin store was to divide evenly between them a larger 2g or a 3g amount so that you can just divide the starting amount by the number of capsules used. But you are correct, there is no need to do that instead of waiting for the scales, your advice is good...

How about lining up the surface of the scale with Saran Wrap, to keep any contaminants away?

3. Looking for double confirmation on the procedure:
50mg *and nothing else* is placed on the Liquid Pad of the Crafty http://www.storz-bickel....en/crafty-vaporizer.html

as pictured below from the other thread and turning it on, is the ONLY other thing that is done, correct?

Obviously the temperature setting would need to be confirmed, posts on the forum suggest both 150°C and 180°C, is there a consensus on the temperature?
eDNA attached the following image(s):
Carfty.jpg (32kb) downloaded 293 time(s).

Leithen
#33 Posted : 1/1/2016 6:17:11 PM

Be Here Now

eDNA wrote:
1. Your scale suggestion is good but since this one is also priced in the $20 range, it may be a good alternative because it appears to have a 0.001g resolution: Gemini-20 by American Weigh Scales:
http://www.awscales.com/...portable-milligram-scale

and then this Milligram Calibration Weight Set 1 Mg to 500 Mg appears to be excellent for the price:
http://www.avogadro-lab-...com/item.php?item_id=408

2. Your advice on waiting for both the 0.001g scale and the calibration set is solid!
The idea behind empty capsules from the vitamin store was to divide evenly between them a larger 2g or a 3g amount so that you can just divide the starting amount by the number of capsules used. But you are correct, there is no need to do that instead of waiting for the scales, your advice is good...

How about lining up the surface of the scale with Saran Wrap, to keep any contaminants away?

1. As far as my scale suggestion goes I honestly just posted the first one I came across. I was mostly suggesting the brand as they have several good options. I actually talked to a few friends yesterday who have experience using several scales made by them. They all had good things to say and agreed that online was the easiest way to get them if you have no local smoke shop. Glad you found a few that interest you. We have one tobacconist that sells similar scales for $100 and I cringe any time I hear about someone buying one. Thumbs down

2. This way of filling caps is something I had never thought of. Honestly it sounds like a very good idea. Very happy Granted, you would need a scale to measure the first set of 2-4 grams anyways but perhaps this could be an easy way to estimate dose from a bigger bag. I still, however, think it would be well worth the wait so you can be exact.

As far as lining the scale I can only share my own experience. I don't think you will need to worry much about contaminants if you are weighing out a final product but it is always better to be safe than sorry i supose. Most of my friends and I use a folded dollar bill as our tray when weighing out powders. I also occasionally use a simple ziplock bag or the cover of the scale as well. At my work we used scales daily to weigh out epoxy. We covered the tray of the scale in a clear teflon coated tape so they would not get ruined by the epoxy. This worked EXTREMELY well. The tape is a bit expensive (~$20 roll) but it was well worth it. For personal use however, I would think a dollar bill or any other make-shift tray would be more than enough. Thumbs up

Hope this was helpful! I won't post much more about scales as it is not really related to this thread however I will search for a thread on it and possibly start one if there is not one already! Happy New Year Nexians Laughing

KlustoR
#34 Posted : 1/2/2016 1:18:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What about a DaVinci ?

It comes with exchangable oil chambers, and from what i see the new ones come with a methal mesh already.
This site (it's in dutch, i'm sorry, couldn't find any others with that info) claims it has temperature ranges from 38°C to 221°C, from what i can only confirm max temp from other sites.
The price is perfect, and if you order now they are offering all DaVinci Vaporizers customers with over $40 in freebies including :
(2) FREE Oil Cans and a FREE Car Charger
All this in addition to the already included (2) Oil Cans & Wall Charger!
Thats four oil cans in total Pleased
I've sent them a message regarding the minimum temp, i will keep you guys updated.

eDNA
#35 Posted : 1/2/2016 5:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the topic is DMT only and not 'other' then the Storz & Bickel products come with a Liquid Pad and there is no need for sandwiching DMT or doing anything else.

Does the the new Da Vinci come with Liquid Pads, is it available in USA, and if so where?

I agree with you that the price is the upper threshold of pain, Storz & Bickel products are overpriced by at least $100 and one thing that has not been accentuated is the really high failure rate of the Crafty/Mighty Storz & Bickel line of products. They stand by the warranty, especially if you order directly from them and don't physically damage them but when comparing these, the price, the reliability and readiness for DMT use is what I would look at, and that's difficult to do since most people talking about them - talk about their use for 'other' and not DMT.

Tryptallmine
#36 Posted : 1/3/2016 1:08:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jaffster wrote:
For DMT I've used the Arizer Solo for the past 12 months. I can't speak for other electronic vaporizers but in comparison to your standard VG or GVG, I've found it to be much less harsh, though it's not possible to vape all of the spice in one big hit. And it only cost £120 ($200?)

As long as you take 2-3 long, deep inhalations (to give the spice time to vaporize) then it is perfectly capable of giving you breakthrough experiences. Even with leather lungs (smoker) the VG still makes me cough and splutter.

I'm quite the opposite to this. I bought a Solo a while ago, used it about half a dozen times and found it terrible for freebase. I couldn't get more than a mild buzz through it because of how restrictive it was, I felt like I was going to collapse a lung trying to draw any vapor out of it. DMT would also cool too rapidly and crystallize on the inside of the glass tubes.

Much prefer the VG.

KlustoR
#37 Posted : 1/3/2016 9:53:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

eDNA wrote:
If the topic is DMT only and not 'other' then the Storz & Bickel products come with a Liquid Pad and there is no need for sandwiching DMT or doing anything else.

Does the the new Da Vinci come with Liquid Pads, is it available in USA, and if so where?

I agree with you that the price is the upper threshold of pain, Storz & Bickel products are overpriced by at least $100 and one thing that has not been accentuated is the really high failure rate of the Crafty/Mighty Storz & Bickel line of products. They stand by the warranty, especially if you order directly from them and don't physically damage them but when comparing these, the price, the reliability and readiness for DMT use is what I would look at, and that's difficult to do since most people talking about them - talk about their use for 'other' and not DMT.

The Davinci comes with removable oil chambers, the first ones had some kind of high temp resistance cotton in it, the newer ones have a liquid pad in it.
One could put in some choreboy or equivalent if it doesn't come with a liquid pad.
Question is, will this device work or not... would be good to not have to handle any flames while launching. E-cig is another approach, but no one got that method 100% fool proof and i'm a noob to e-cigs..

Vorian
#38 Posted : 1/5/2016 9:32:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hrm. I just use a (somewhat) normal ecig setup for mine. Saturate my spice in PG, (either 1 gram per 1 mL of Propylene Glycol, or 1 gram per 2 mL of PG if you have a high volume rig) toss that stuff into a high volume tank setup, and viola.

I had amazing success with a mechanical mod + the aspire atlantis (0.5 ohm coil), but most recently I've switched to Kanger's Subtank Plus with a whopping 7 mL capacity.

No messing with spice (nor do I have to ever worry about white powder...) just press a button, and inhale.

It's not without it's drawbacks. PG is relatively thin, and gets thinner the warmer it is. If the tank bakes in the sun, it can (and will) leech out over time. This can be solved by keeping it cool, and/or wrapped in say, organic cotton, so if it gets too warm when not in use, you can just extract it again.

The other drawback is you can fly right past the point of breaking through into the realm of 100-150 mgs. Watched a friend do this. Didn't come back for 15 minutes....

That being said, he was still back to the baseline in an hour.

Leithen
#39 Posted : 1/6/2016 4:16:41 PM

Be Here Now

Vorian wrote:
Hrm. I just use a (somewhat) normal ecig setup for mine. Saturate my spice in PG, (either 1 gram per 1 mL of Propylene Glycol, or 1 gram per 2 mL of PG if you have a high volume rig) toss that stuff into a high volume tank setup, and viola.

I had amazing success with a mechanical mod + the aspire atlantis (0.5 ohm coil), but most recently I've switched to Kanger's Subtank Plus with a whopping 7 mL capacity.

No messing with spice (nor do I have to ever worry about white powder...) just press a button, and inhale.

THIS is a wonderful idea. Are there any threads on this? With the amount of people who already have -cigs/mods I think this could become a very popular ROA. Thumbs up

As for the DaVici I had one about 4 years ago. It was a great hand help vaporizer for herb (The best I had used besides the Arizer). At the time it did not come with liquid pads and I do not believe it does now. I would take that and price into consideration. Perhaps this is not the best option for DMT.

Psybin
#40 Posted : 1/6/2016 4:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For $35 I recommend the ego T, which is what I've been using aside from my oil rig - especially when I'm blasting off in nature. I recommend spending $15 and getting an upgraded coil with a mesh screen.

Here's a video of an identical model, called the ego G, in action with THC concentrates.

PREV123NEXT