We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
2016 Vaporizer recommendation for N,N DMT Options

eDNA
#1 Posted : 12/27/2015 4:38:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Volcano Vaporizers cost over half a grand... so when it comes to more reasonably priced * dedicated to DMT-only * vaporizers (the topic not being pipes or self-made devices) - what is the best thing to buy for a half way reasonable price and where is it sold?

I found this video featuring most new major models that come up in discussions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8CcGMeTiOU

Are there other, better links?

It's hard to tell which one is better for DMT specifically, because most people comment on them for other, non-DMT uses... So for DMT-only, which ones are better than others?

Thank you for your advice.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

UgraKarma
#2 Posted : 12/27/2015 6:20:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I still swear by my Glass Vapor Genie. If I were looking to spend more money I'd still probably stay away from anything electronic (I know from vaping e-liquid constantly that these things are fussy and have issues all the time...) and would upgrade to one of those pretty Health Stone vaporizers, and keep things manual still.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Dante
#3 Posted : 12/27/2015 10:10:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only tried the GVG and the VG, but I doubt it can get any better.
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Jees
#4 Posted : 12/27/2015 10:25:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried to vape with an Arizer, not with a balloon but with a tube like in the pic.
Had it borrowed from a friend to check out on.

I didn't like it, IMO it could not make smoke fast enough (high setting) like it felt stretched vaporizing, I used a copper mesh as a pad. Maybe I did it wrong, I dunno.
And the tube is long and thin so the spice could easily condensate in the tube.
But then I read others found it great (balloon??), so I'm confused about that a bit.
Anyway, gimme my GVG.

concombres
#5 Posted : 12/27/2015 10:33:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
I've tried to vape with an Arizer, not with a balloon but with a tube like in the pic.
Had it borrowed from a friend to check out on.

I didn't like it, IMO it could not make smoke fast enough (high setting) like it felt stretched vaporizing, I used a copper mesh as a pad. Maybe I did it wrong, I dunno.
And the tube is long and thin so the spice could easily condensate in the tube.
But then I read others found it great (balloon??), so I'm confused about that a bit.
Anyway, gimme my GVG.

I can second the airizer being difficult to work with. At first I was shipped a fake. Got refunded my money & then got a real one.
The real one even felt very Cheap/poorly made.
I had a difficult time getting a bag concentrated enough quick enough & they do not offer smaller bags.

GvG seems to be the best choice once you get the hang of it if you are set on a vaporizer.
If you want a cheaper, very effective method, make some changa & get a 10 in glass bong.

eDNA
#6 Posted : 12/27/2015 2:38:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for posting. Would you link to things you would personally recommend, like when you say if _you_ needed to upgrade, instead of Glass Vapor Genie, you would go with a Health Stone vaporizer, could you link to what that is please?

Just wanted to make it clear, with a budget of $100 to $200 or thereabouts - you would still pass on anything electronic, even if someone else asked you to spend that budget on a device and select the best one?

The people who make the Volcano do have cheaper devices on the market whereas they did not a few years ago.

So for example, if the Storz & Bickel Crafty vaporizer could be had in the two hundred dollar range, would you still pass on it, even if the cost was hypothetically the same for any of your choices:
http://www.storz-bickel....en/crafty-vaporizer.html

arcologist
#7 Posted : 12/27/2015 11:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't had any problems with the Arizer Extreme Q, though there is definitely a trick to using it right for DMT. It works the best when you use the bag, that way you can inhale it all faster than it would take to suck it in through a tube. My only experience is with enhanced mullein leaf (50/50 ratio, with 1 drop of peppermint oil per gram of DMT). This is crucial to increasing the surface area (and therefore vaporization efficiency/speed).

My (mostly fool-proof) protocol for use:
1. Pre-heat the vape to 200C without the bowl on.
2. Fill bowl with dose, put on the heater.
3. Wait 30-60 seconds for the bowl to heat up. Too long and it gets a bit harsh.
4. Run at lowest fan setting until you see thick vapor enter the bag.
5. Switch to the middle fan setting until the bag is full. This should produce a much denser cloud than you see with cannabis.
6. Inhale the bag in about 5 deep breaths within about 30 seconds.

Keep in mind that only ~85% of the DMT will vaporize on the first go, so keep the remnants and throw them into your next extraction. You may also need to increase the dose slightly to compensate.

The advantage of this method is that there is no need to fumble with lighters/pipes when entering hyperspace. I just inhale and drop the bag without thinking about it.

Leithen
#8 Posted : 12/28/2015 5:52:21 PM

Be Here Now

I personally use a glass water pipe made for smoking cannabis concentrates. I use a titanium nail but quartz and ceramic are also available. I have some rigs for concentrate use only and some for DMT only. Thumbs up

The prices can vary drastically, however you will easily be able to find one for around $50. I prefer to spend a bit more and buy from and american glass artist buy if you don't mind cheaper chinese glass the check out this site!

As far as nails there are a few options and many different opinions. I like titanium because it will not break and they are not all that expensive. That being said you can find quartz or ceramic nails for under $30 easily. If not titanium I would go with quartz. Ceramic breaks to easy for me to spend my money on it.

I have heard many discussion on whether or not to put water in these rigs and have personally decided to keep mine dry. I have no idea if this actually help, or rather, if water hinders, but i figured better safe than sorry. If you are interested in this route I would check out this thread.
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€
โ€• Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

eDNA
#9 Posted : 12/28/2015 6:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, if you were personally not concerned about the price, would a dedicated electronic vaporizer be something you would consider (other than the $600 volcano) and if so which one and why?

Leithen
#10 Posted : 12/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Be Here Now

eDNA wrote:
Yes, if you were personally not concerned about the price, would a dedicated electronic vaporizer be something you would consider (other than the $600 volcano) and if so which one and why?

For me, if I was not concerned about price I would get a D-Nail brand electronic nail with a quartz banger that is e-nail ready. This looks something like this.

You can get e-nail units as low as $200 to up to $800. I would get the best one if money was not an issue otherwise the $200 one will work just fine. Big grin
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€

eDNA
#11 Posted : 12/28/2015 10:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you link to some good sets in the lower end of that $200-$800 range?

Could you also post why you think they're better than electronic vaporizers people tend to talk about in threads like this?

Thank you.

Leithen
#12 Posted : 12/29/2015 3:27:39 AM

Be Here Now

I will list a few options below with a variety of price points. I have always felt that you get what you pay for and this is very true with electronic nails. Although they all do the same basic thing, heat up a metal coil, the more expensive ones will be far more durable, last a lot longer and usually have a few more features. For starters I would go with a very cheap model and work my way up.

The first option is one of the nicer electronic nails you can buy. There are better ones but this will be the most expensive I share because, in my opinion, even this is a bit excessive. The Ninja Nail (D-Nail)

The next option is a great go-to. Far cheaper than the previous unit but still a quality product. The Sticky Box (Wizard Puff)

The last option is one of the cheapest you can get. I would never recommend this, however, if it is all you can afford it is better than nothing. Chinese (DHGate)

I personally like electronic nails the most because you are able to dial in the temperature exactly. You also can watch the spice melt and see how much vapor you are inhaling. I find this helpful so you don't inhale to much or to little and also don't burn your product. This set up can be as cheap, or as expensive as you want. As for the glass pipe attached to the nail, thats totally up to you! Big grin

Psilosopher?
#13 Posted : 12/29/2015 3:42:09 AM

Don't Panic

I used a Volcano. To be honest, I'd prefer the Machine, or something with a smaller capacity. I cleared the Volcano baggie in 3 inhales, and it's not something I prefer. I prefer a slow drag like a bong, and then a massive inhale.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

eDNA
#14 Posted : 12/29/2015 3:46:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a specific for sale device that would offer that?

To the poster that listed three options above: very interesting, and thank you for posting.
Your most expensive option is in the Volcano range. Once you get in that price range, talk centers on the Volcano, could I trouble you to make a direct comparison to the Volcano?

The $200 range product is obviously much more reasonable and acceptable price-wise for single person dedicated use.
So the step down from Volcano would be something like the Crafty, http://www.storz-bickel....en/crafty-vaporizer.html which would be compared to your intermediate suggestion. Although comparison b/w the Crafty and the The Sticky Box is more obvious, could you still say a few words on that?

And finally what of the below $200 products such as the Muad-Dib Concentrate Box Kit and the very simple Magic Flight Launch Box, could you go into specifics of why they would be (so very) inferior to the Sticky Box?

Thank you.

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 12/29/2015 6:16:52 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I found the arizer extreme q worked great when I used enhanced leaf and set it for the same temp I use for cannabis (roughly 365 F/185 C) and used the bag attachment. I don't even like the whip for cannabis with it, bag is assuredly the way to go. This goes for most electric vaporizers meant for dry herbs, if you infuse into herbs you'll get the best results.

If you really want the ultimate in efficiency, you just can't top the gvg for vaping freebase xtals. That said, I think changa and any standard bong/bubbler/waterpipe is really the best way to go all around.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Emptiness
#16 Posted : 12/29/2015 6:41:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I use VP, no batteries, mobile... but it sucks because you can't do it in the wind... which is pretty much everywhere outdoors, so i take a blanket with me.

Emptiness
#17 Posted : 12/29/2015 6:51:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The only vaporizer high enough to vape salvia is the volcano (300c) and silver surfer or 7th floor vapes (they go to 1000 degrees celsius)

7th floor also has a new lightsaber type vape too:

eDNA
#18 Posted : 12/29/2015 7:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because I do not need to deal with a hot nail and fragile rig while concentrating on coming up, I am leaning towards something that has no heat or torch to worry about and something that already comes with a liquid pads for herb chambers so I don't need anything to pack it with.

I understand that the liquid pad is a little wire mesh disc that is inserted into the bottom of the bowl for DMT. I understand that as it melts, the mesh absorbs it, increasing surface area and vaporization. I understand that is the most pure and simple way to do it.

The actual official store appears to have the cheapest price for the PLENTY Vaporizer Complete Set at $299
http://www.storz-bickel....orizer-complete-set.html

Please post downsides to what I just posted and by the way does anyone know of any coupon codes for Storz & Bickel official store?

Features:
Temperature Range 266°F โ€“ 396°F (130°C โ€“ 202°C)

Is anything else needed?!? [other than what it comes with]:
1 pc. PLENTY Hot Air Generator,
1 pc. Filling Chamber,
1 pc. Mouthpiece,
1 pc. Cooling Coil,
1 pc. Liquid Pad,
3 pcs. Normal Screen,
2 pcs. Tubing Section (long),
2 pcs. Tubing Section (short),
1 pc. Cleaning Brush,
1 pc. Herb Mill,
1 pc. Instructions for Use.

eDNA attached the following image(s):
Plenty.jpg (35kb) downloaded 314 time(s).

Jaffster
#19 Posted : 12/29/2015 1:01:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For DMT I've used the Arizer Solo for the past 12 months. I can't speak for other electronic vaporizers but in comparison to your standard VG or GVG, I've found it to be much less harsh, though it's not possible to vape all of the spice in one big hit. And it only cost £120 ($200?)

As long as you take 2-3 long, deep inhalations (to give the spice time to vaporize) then it is perfectly capable of giving you breakthrough experiences. Even with leather lungs (smoker) the VG still makes me cough and splutter.

ducdevil
#20 Posted : 12/29/2015 1:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey there!

if you can, please share your settings for the Solo; do you use a liquid pad? what temp is best....Xtals or changa?

thanks for the help!

cheers Smile

123NEXT