We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Muscle Pain and sedation from Bufotenine? Options

SpasticSpaz
#1 Posted : 6/23/2009 4:11:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone else experienced muscle pain from bufotenine? Especially in the upper arms/legs?

Yesterday, SWIM tested 15 mg of a new bufo extract (acquired by extracting with acidic water, basifying, then extracting with acetone). It wasn't terribly pure, but he experienced no nausea. What he did feel was a great deal of sedation (he didn't want to move at all), and rather intense muscle pain in his arms and legs. SWIM reports he has always had a twinge of uncomfortableness in his limbs when on bufotenine, but never anything this strong.

Could this be due to bufo's vasodilatory effects? If so, how would one counter it?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Garulfo
#2 Posted : 6/23/2009 4:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is rather a vaso-constriction effect that cause pain.
SWIM felt some pressure in shoulder/arms once with a crude extract (but it was not painfull).
Refined extract is much better and so far, the only side-effect remaining whatever SWIM efforts to purify bufo is head pressure (which is not similar to headache).

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 6/23/2009 6:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

yea vasoconstriction will do that to you if its bad enough..SWIM gave some to somebody that was a drunk and cigarette smoker..when he smoked the bufo he experienced full body pain...SWIM has gotten use to the vaso-constriction and actually enjoys it now!!
it's a sound

69ron
#4 Posted : 6/23/2009 6:53:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people get muscle pain in the legs from LSA (morning glories, HBWR, etc.). It’s definitely vasoconstriction causing the pain.

Impure bufotenine from Yopo or Vilca is more likely to cause this effect.

SWIM once got this effect from 99% pure white bufotenine though and was quite shocked by it because he never got it before from pure bufotenine. It was in the upper thigh. SWIM had taken a vasodilator the day before, and thinks that caused it. As the vasodilation effects wore off from the vasodilator, vasoconstriction kicked it. The withdrawal from the vasodilator caused vasoconstriction and that combined with the vasoconstriction of the bufotenine is what I believed caused the pain.

A vasodilator will prevent this effect if taken shortly before the bufotenine. But I’m not sure which is the best. SWIM tried Ginkgo biloba and ginger and they completely block the vasoconstriction of bufotenine, but also greatly reduce the visual effects.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

SpasticSpaz
#5 Posted : 6/23/2009 7:58:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest, isn't alcohol a vasodilator, though? So wouldn't that counteract the effects? Or was he/she a habitual drinker/smoker who was sober at the time?

SWIM greatly wishes he had some d-limonene left so he could purify this bufo. Very annoying.

69ron
#6 Posted : 6/23/2009 9:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have any niacin (Vitamin B3)? That works really well at counteracting vasoconstriction. Take it about 15 minutes beforehand and the vasoconstriction should be eliminated. It works great for LSA too.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 6/24/2009 2:04:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SpasticSpaz wrote:
Jorkest, isn't alcohol a vasodilator, though? So wouldn't that counteract the effects? Or was he/she a habitual drinker/smoker who was sober at the time?

SWIM greatly wishes he had some d-limonene left so he could purify this bufo. Very annoying.

the person was a VERY habitual smoker and drinker...and the only thing really keeping his blood vessels open were his addictions...so SWIM thinks that the bufotenine totally stomped on his body
it's a sound

SpasticSpaz
#8 Posted : 6/29/2009 5:52:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has figured out that the reason for the pain was SWIM was rather dehydrated when he first tried this extract. He's since retried it twice while sufficiently hydrated, and experienced no pain, just the lovely visuals he's come to expect from quality bufo.

Edit: He should note that the strong sedation is still present, though not unpleasant. He suspects this is due to impurities in the extract.