We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Herborizer Options

Purges
#1 Posted : 3/5/2014 7:29:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings!

Recently the tax man graced me with some extra money, and I had been dreaming about a nice tabletop vaporizer add the family. I came across this thing called the Herborizer.. As a former bong lover, I thought PERFECT! - it is for smoking Ganja, you can load it up with ~250mg of herb and puff away until your hearts' content! It never burns, hits hard like a bong and is simply a work of art IMHO.

Now, this got me thinking. It is potentially perfect for our favorite molecule. The bong is large, but can be cleared in one hit (although exhaling after filling the chamber can lead to humungous rips, and might be a better technique for DMT), you don't need to worry about lighters because of the inbuilt heating element; one thing I find with the Arc when using the GVG is that if you don't get the screw at the bottom set right the flame either splutters or doesn't go out when you release your thumb. This can be troublesome when entering hyperspace. With this the temperature can be held consantly.

It is quite pricey, but parts can be bought separately and attached to any bong with the right attachments.

Has anyone tried using one of these for DMT? I am hoping to give it a try this weekend, possibly some Changa too.

A couple of pics showing the tube and heating element:

Purges attached the following image(s):
DSC_0437.JPG (5,972kb) downloaded 226 time(s).
DSC_0440.JPG (4,320kb) downloaded 220 time(s).
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 3/5/2014 10:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty cool. Do you know what temp the heating element generates and if it is adjustable to lower and higher temps? Thanks for sharing. I've dreamed of something like this before, nice to know someone is taking it into the physical / retail world.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Entheogenerator
#3 Posted : 3/5/2014 11:30:59 PM

Homo discens

Well it's definitely an interesting-looking contraption. If the temperature is in the right range, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Let us know how it goes!
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

ymer
#4 Posted : 3/5/2014 11:44:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Pretty cool. Do you know what temp the heating element generates and if it is adjustable to lower and higher temps? Thanks for sharing. I've dreamed of something like this before, nice to know someone is taking it into the physical / retail world.

Basic System 18.8mm

Price: €159.00

Ask a question about this product
This model works at a constant temperature of 190°C, for resinous plants.
Chirurgical stainless steel heating element, power: 20W
Adaptable for all glass bongs brands (RooR, PHx, Ehle, G-spot)with its standard laboratory glass joint: 18,8mm
Works on 100/240VAC and 12VDC
Specifications
The complet System : bowl (+ screen), injector, agitator, power supply and power cord available for USA or EU
size : 18,8mm

XL system 14.5mm

Price: €259.00

Ask a question about this product
This model works has a variable temperature of 90° à 230°C , to vaporize all of the herbs, oils and resins.
Chirurgical stainless steel heating element, power: 36W
Adaptable for all glass bongs brands (RooR, PHx, Ehle, G-spot) standard laboratory glass joint: 14,5mm
Works on 100/240VAC and 12VDC
Specifications
The complet system : bowl (+ screen), injector, agitator, The T° control, power supply and power cord available for USA or EU.
size : 14,5mm

steppa
#5 Posted : 3/6/2014 9:52:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have a Herborizer for about a year now. Still love it. But I never tried it with DMT because I couldn't use it for anything other afterwards then. Maaaaybe it would be possible after cleaning it with IPA to get rid of the DMT taste?

But I'm pretty interested in reading your test results! Thumbs up
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Purges
#6 Posted : 3/7/2014 6:59:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I opted for the adjustable/ XL version, so temperature is fully adjustableburning, trouble is it is on a 1-10 scale rather than 90c-230c, which would be a bit more useful for our purposes. Because there is no flame I don't think we have to worry about the spice burning as heat is also only going to come into contact with the spice once inhalation starts (heat just rises away from whatever you're smoking when it is left to its own devices). I think a highish temp should help quick, efficient vaping. Getting excited to try it now!

I also anticipate that runoff / glass contact won't be an issue due to the large bowl size, the scrubber would be suspended on gauze, a thicker wad might be needed though to get the material a bit closer to the heat injector.

Steppa, I will use a little IPA before and after to keep it from smelling of DMT forever, the benefit of an all glass piece, don't see any issues there.

steppa
#7 Posted : 3/7/2014 9:37:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
it is on a 1-10 scale rather than 90c-200c

1 – 90°c
2 – 110°c
3 – 130°c
4 – 150°c
5 – 180°c
6 – 190°c
7 – 200°c
8 – 210°c
9 – 220°c
10 –230°c

Quote:

a thicker wad might be needed though to get the material a bit closer to the heat injector.

You can place your gauze also above those little glass notches in the bowl instead of beneath them. This will lift eveything about 5mm or so. I do this, when I want to vape hash.

Also I was damn lucky when ording my herbozizer. I ordered the standard version but they seemed to have mixed up my order and I got the XL version for the price of the standard version. Big grin

Purges
#8 Posted : 5/19/2014 12:45:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You are very lucky Steppa, the variable temp has come in very handy! For weed I usually use 7-8, which produces dense lungfulls Smile

So I finally found time to put this to the test for dmt freebase, and... It was disappointing. I tried various doses, eyeballed as my scales decided to break, but the first was 5mg-ish, then a couple probably 15mgish. I used 5-8.5 on the stat, higher each time. I got vapour, but density is an issue. I think the bowl is too wide. Maybe if you loaded a big dose you could achieve a one hit breakthrough, but overall I am happy keeping it as a ganja only piece, as it excells in that regard.

I will stick to GVG / Changa bongs I think. Glad I tried it though.

steppa
#9 Posted : 5/19/2014 1:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the report Purges! Although the results maybe weren't what we hoped for, it's much appreciated! Thumbs up