We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
can anyone identify this cappi? Options

thick-light
#1 Posted : 5/18/2013 5:52:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was sold as black cappi but when I made a brew then lowered the PH nothing precipitated, which makes me think it's Alicia vine, any help would be appreciated. Also are there harmalas in the Alicia vine? Should something have precipitated out? if so What could I have done wrong?

Thanks

light and love
thick-light attached the following image(s):
alicia.JPG (300kb) downloaded 72 time(s).
I love all of you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 5/18/2013 6:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

looks like alicia to me.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

thick-light
#3 Posted : 5/18/2013 6:28:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks!!!

I'll probably find the answers in my search but encase I don't, does anyone know if Alicia vine has harmalas in it?

I read a thread on Alicia and found that the crystals are dark so when I based the brew perhaps there were dark crystals I couldn't see through the dark brew.

I think I'll use the rest to make tea and stick to white or cielo for my harmala extractions.
I love all of you!

jamie
#4 Posted : 5/18/2013 6:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

it is alicia..and it was sold to you as black caapi by people who lied to you and then took your money. A number of vendors are/were doing this. I know I called them on it and they even admitted to mislabling it.

contact the vendor and demand a refund or for them to send you the vine you actually ordered.

If they want to sell alicia anisopetala to people, than they should lable it as such. The reason vendors were mislabling it is becasue they could not sell it labled as alicia, partly due I am sure to the fact that there is published results on this site that show that alicia contains no known harmala alkaloids. So instead of being honest they decided to lie.

If the vendor in question still has it labled as black caapi and not as alicia anisopetala on the site where they are selling it..please pm me the site and I will out them in a thread. This is such rediculous and immoral vendor behaviour and it is a health and safety concern as well.
Long live the unwoke.

thick-light
#5 Posted : 5/18/2013 6:45:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so there are no harmalas in Alicia?

Is there any mao inhibition that takes place if you drink a brew of it.
I love all of you!

jamie
#6 Posted : 5/18/2013 6:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you were sold something that does not contain anything known. We dont know what it contains. From reports I read no it does activate DMT. I have drunk the vine and yes it is active but it is weird. It does not contain harmine, harmaline or THH..nor does it contain harman, norharmin, harmalol etc..noone knows what it contains.

So some vendor sold you something you thought contained harmine and THH etc, and took your money to let you go consume something of unknown safety etc..does that not bother you? Do you not think you deserve a refind for that?

I would be demanding every penny is returned...and if they dont refund you I would tell them there is going to be a public post about it here. This mislabling of vines needs to stop right now.
Long live the unwoke.

thick-light
#7 Posted : 5/18/2013 7:25:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you I think there should be some kind of botanical test to see if they can properly identify what they are selling, but some people only care about money. Everything I bought from Robert from sonoran song has been legit. It kind of makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he thought it was black cappi. I'll e-mail him or call him and find out if he knew.

But anyone buying black cappi make sure it's not Alicia before you pay for it, wise people learn from other's mistakes.

Thanks to everyone who helped identify this

I thought I did something wrong with the extraction but you live and learn...

I love all of you!

Mustelid
#8 Posted : 5/19/2013 8:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was defeated on my Googling. Can anyone suggest a way to be able to tell the difference between black banisteriopsis caapi whole vine and alicia anisopetala; pictorial or otherwise?