We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
JLL's perspective on DMT entities Options

arcanum
#21 Posted : 5/5/2013 12:08:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=blue lunar night]Hi All,

Thought I'd take the liberty of reposting an excerpt from John Lash's recent email newsletter, in which he responds to a request for his take on the DMT entities. I found his explication to be thorough and useful, tho some may be confused by the references to his work, & of course not everyone will agree.

I neither agree or disagree, I just find it's good that he delivers it in "absolute terms" it is after all his take on his own experience. Why litter it with "imos's" and "maybes" ?

Some erudite and eloquent members of this forum may hasten to remind me that I took issue with absolutes, especially in relation to the more mystical aspects of the DMT sensorium.
However subsequent experiences, some of them quite profound, left me with very firm convictions of my own that have zero scientific or philosophical foundations. One of them being that the entire( in all it's unfathomable depths) DMT sensorium is little more than a high tech pinball machine in Gods amusement arcade.

There's a little voice telling me that if I want to find out more , a: I need to die, b: I need to summon up the courage to "break through" on a heroic dose of 5MeO DMT. something I'm not prepared to do at this moment in time.( if ever)

I do not personaly know Martin Ball or James Oroc, but from what I can glean from their writings, I tend to lend more creedance to their more simplistic conclusions about the nature of life and death ( and ultimately God) than the torrents of florid and abstract "convinctions" of the average DMT user, myself included.

Neutral

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Global
#22 Posted : 5/5/2013 6:08:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

arcanum wrote:

I do not personaly know Martin Ball or James Oroc, but from what I can glean from their writings, I tend to lend more creedance to their more simplistic conclusions about the nature of life and death ( and ultimately God) than the torrents of florid and abstract "convinctions" of the average DMT user, myself included.

From reading Oroc's "Tryptamine Palace" I would say that Oroc is more florid and abstract than many here. That is just my opinion, and it's also my opinion that he shouldn't speak in absolutes and speak for himself (at least offer a disclaimer somewhere once) but that's just me. It just makes it more frustrating to read if he claims something absolutely in regards to the DMT experience that runs directly counter to what I or others may experience. It is his blog, and he's free to write how he wants, but that's just how it comes across to me. I feel that if you're trying to lend viability to a case or argument, more subjective-oriented speech tends to avoid statements that can be easily shown to be clearly false. I try to avoid generalizations for similar reasons.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

arcanum
#23 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:14:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:

Yes a disclaimer at the end would have made his assumptions a little, (but only a little )less anoying.

nen888
#24 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:55:41 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

SnozzleBerry wrote:
I must say, I'm always amused by people who talk in such certainty about these phenomena.

There are a number of quotes in this piece that immediately jump out as needing citation (or at least elaboration) for such definitive claims, imo. I don't feel up to running through them all now, but for the time being I will highlight the conclusion:

Quote:
Of course, synthetic DMT which produces the DMT
trolls has different effects from the jungle brew..

Confused

Why of course? What difference exists? Why have some people reported shamans to find extracted DMT a "legitimate" experience (to say nothing of indigenous snuffs)? What is the difference between vaporized DMT entities and entities encountered on ayahuasca (I know I have encountered similar, if not identical, entities)? Does the author even understand the difference between synthesized and extracted compounds?

..i'm with Snozz in amusement by the whole take..especially the Brownian motion theory..

very few people smoke synthetic dmt these days..it's all a plant experience..it's simply the metabolic process that's different..i.e the addition of harmalas modulates the dmt experience..

as the Nexus-Wiki shows, the range and scope of dmt (or ayahuasca) entities is vast..

like, i've never seen 'Trolls', on either synthetic or extracted material..

tryptamine entities could be 'fractal denizens of the unconscious' (McKenna), or actual discarnate entities ('Spirits', as most indigenous peoples call them), or various 'explanations', but who on earth can really claim to have the faintest idea..except maybe ancient shamanic traditions who regard them as spirits..from a vast parallel or interconnected realm..
Quote:
The Dakini-fractures exemplify the physical reality of what medical
scientists call "labile affect" without knowing actually that they're
talking about. I define this phenomenon as life communicating with
itself across natural boundaries of self-definition.

By contrast, the DMT entities are excitations of the dema produced by
the intensity of human observing. They might be called "demanoid",

..frankly i find this utterly ridiculous..it's like pseudo-buddhism meets pseudo science..
i don't sense that JLL really has much idea what he's talking about..
where's the evidence for this theory?..let alone anything to counter the frequent subjective sense by those seeing DMT entities that in fact those entities have their attention on us..

really, Carlos Castaneda has more solid 'data' IMO than this guy..

Ayahuasca is DMT (modulated, metabolised and accompanied by beta-carbolines)

Hyperspace Fool
#25 Posted : 5/5/2013 10:58:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arcanum wrote:

I neither agree or disagree, I just find it's good that he delivers it in "absolute terms" it is after all his take on his own experience. Why litter it with "imos's" and "maybes" ?

Some erudite and eloquent members of this forum may hasten to remind me that I took issue with absolutes, especially in relation to the more mystical aspects of the DMT sensorium.
However subsequent experiences, some of them quite profound, left me with very firm convictions of my own that have zero scientific or philosophical foundations. One of them being that the entire( in all it's unfathomable depths) DMT sensorium is little more than a high tech pinball machine in Gods amusement arcade.

There's a little voice telling me that if I want to find out more , a: I need to die, b: I need to summon up the courage to "break through" on a heroic dose of 5MeO DMT. something I'm not prepared to do at this moment in time.( if ever)

Hey arcanum Cool

I addressed your disclaimer issue in another thread here instead of on this thread. I won't repeat it, but just say that I am happy to see you have come to the place where you recognize that disclaimers are a bit of a waste of time.

Perhaps just one, so that the less critical thinking among us don't get the wrong idea.

As for your point about finding out more... I don't think you need to die. And doing a heroic 5 Meo DMT dose is very much akin to dying. No no. I think you can find out more by dropping some more psychic walls in places you have already been. Deepening your meditation is easier than invoking NDEs. I would also try asking new questions to the higher entities you come across.

Sometimes you just reach plateaus and need to digest for a while before foraging ahead.

Be well my friend.
HF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Felnik
#26 Posted : 5/5/2013 1:50:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://vimeo.com/m/59039851

I think of this whenever I see someone's difinitive
Sounding theory on the dmt experience
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Global
#27 Posted : 5/5/2013 2:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Felnik wrote:

Great vid Thumbs up
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Hyperspace Fool
#28 Posted : 5/5/2013 4:11:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:

AWESOMEThumbs up

Always love me some R.A.W.
Love

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

d-T-r
#29 Posted : 5/5/2013 4:34:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hyperspace Fool wrote:
Felnik wrote:

AWESOMEThumbs up

Always love me some R.A.W.
Love

Nice vid. Heard of r.a.w before and i know it's a name i should really know more of so i'll have a look.

Hyperspace Fool
#30 Posted : 5/5/2013 4:48:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The late great Robert Anton Wilson.

One of my favorite authors bar none.

<3

ZenSpice
#31 Posted : 5/5/2013 5:23:43 PM

Mostly Ignored

My favourite book of his was Sex, Drugs and Magick and is still one of my favourite overall books to date.

Maybe not as popular as the Illuminatus trilogy (admittedly I have only read the first one fully) and definitely not as thick but it had a lot of info that really resonated with me (The hashashin chapter especially)..

Yeah baby I like it R.A.W. Thumbs up

mailorderdiety
#32 Posted : 5/5/2013 9:47:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love the RAW. don't even believe your own BS! great stuff. i loved Prometheus rising.

PREV12