We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
extraction of alicia vine (mislabeled as black Banisteriopsis caapi) Options

flowersniffer
#21 Posted : 2/27/2013 7:50:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So what is it with Alicia then? Some people say they get effects from a brew and others don't!

Somebody said a few posts back that has to be reduced right down to a sludge, has anyone tried that? How would that make any difference to just a normal reduction?

What about extractions? Those people that have extracted from Alicia, have you sampled it yet? What effects, if any have been noticed.

Has anyone tried the leaves? I have some young Alicia plants grown from seed (Kiwi) A couple of weeks ago I caught a couple of local sparrows pecking the leaves of my plants... caught them just in time to stop them stripping them completely... I dried out the leaves and made a joint from them... I noticed effects similar to a small dose of smoked harmala alks, but nothing major...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#22 Posted : 2/27/2013 12:41:22 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

flowersniffer wrote:
I noticed effects similar to a small dose of smoked harmala alks, but nothing major...

If it felt like harmalas, I'd bet it was placebo. TLC indicates high likelihood of DMT in the leaves.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

flowersniffer
#23 Posted : 2/28/2013 2:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
flowersniffer wrote:
I noticed effects similar to a small dose of smoked harmala alks, but nothing major...

If it felt like harmalas, I'd bet it was placebo. TLC indicates high likelihood of DMT in the leaves.

I did wonder if it may be placebo, but there was a shift, albeit small, from baseline.

Interesting if there's really DMT in the leaves. I've attached a photo comparing the leaves on one of my young Alicia plants and a leaf bought from Maya, labeled Dilopterys Cabrerena, Chagropanga number 8
flowersniffer attached the following image(s):
compare.jpg (387kb) downloaded 159 time(s).

Vodsel
#24 Posted : 2/28/2013 10:33:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

So I tried too a small extraction of "Black Caapi Shredded" sold by a UK based vendor, and similar to what Amygdala reported...

33g of shredded root where brewed in 250ml water + 500mg fumaric acid x4, extract was reduced and basified with 2,5g NaOH dissolved in water, and after the first results excess base was added (2,5g more) to make sure that everything crashed out.

Precipitates are dark and barely distinguishable from the basified solution, even after settling. UV light gave no visible fluorescence... basic solution looks dark grey/green and the solids look quite similar, with a more brownish tint, under black light.

This doesn't look like caapi at all. I will try to siphon out the water and clean the precipitates, but it's all very dark in there.

Amygdala
#25 Posted : 3/3/2013 4:36:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wrote an email to maya about their 'black' #38, and I have not recieved a reply, however I noticed today that it is off of their website. ( #18 which has been reported in this forum to work, is still there)

3 extraction attempts yielded these weird black-grey crystalline things that are def not active. Its an added disappointment that the expense + the delivery times will make my next project a few weeks off.

Was thinking re: no real vendor talk, how to establish safety or legitimacy info for different sources of caapi vines. Maybe offsite somewhere.
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

ipumaestro
#26 Posted : 3/10/2013 1:48:27 AM

catdestined

im still working with my black caapi from kiwi back in october of 2011. ive precipitated/ decanted/ acidified/ filtered/ bassified and am waiting for the precips for the third or fourth time now, using different acids each time. the precips are a muddy grey whilst the supernatant is a clear reddish woody hue.

will post pics soon

still wondering if doing a manske will precip anything or is just a waste of time
achuma puma

Amygdala
#27 Posted : 3/26/2013 12:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, after several failed attempts on maya #38, I got a batch of #18, and performed this same extraction tek. My results this time are very very fluffy light tan powder-like consistency that is insoluble in water. I have read that a blacklight may work to determine if this is actually a beta-carboline, anyone have experience with this method of verification?

After a few failed and frustrating attempts, I don't want to botch my next batch of changa w/ my nice and pretty dmt crystals if this is in fact not a true caapi extraction.

Thanks for any help.
“What goes on inside is just too fast and huge and all interconnected for words to do more than barely sketch the outlines of at most one tiny little part of it at any given instant.” - David Foster Wallace

3rdI
#28 Posted : 3/26/2013 12:43:59 PM

veni, vidi, spici

i think #18 is Caapi and #38 is Alicia. I think #18 will be fine for your Changa.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

PREV12