We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to over condense? Options

Alienteaparty
#1 Posted : 4/25/2011 12:34:36 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

Hows it going brothers and sisters?
I wanted to know f it is possible to over condense your dmt-liquid?
so pretty much, say you started off with 2 kilos of processed bark and ran it through some type of acid bath, and ended up with 5 litres of liquid. Then condensed/evaporated the liquid down to 500ml. Could this potentially have an effect on your final outcome? possibly producing a smaller yield or maybe a larger yield?

I was thinking that if you had less dmt-liquid it would have a higher concentration of dmt in it. Therefore the dmt-liquid would come into contact more with the shellite/naptha than a less concentrated liquid.

Please. All thoughts, answers and questions are welcome.
thanks!
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

justine
#2 Posted : 4/26/2011 11:12:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, in my experience if you reduce your acidic soup too much you will get solid dmt freebase rocks once you basify, but it's not really an issue, you just have
to filter and re-x these.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Alienteaparty
#3 Posted : 4/26/2011 11:49:02 AM

Dimitri Spacepipe

I see.
But wouldn't this reduce the solubility of the dmt in your solvent?

I usually have the same amount of liquid weather im doing a small or large amount of bark, and i normally get pure white X-tals with no residue or plant oils what so ever.
Also, would you still add the same amount of lye to a condensed solution or would you decrease the amount used? Im guessing you would decrease it but this could possibly lead to emulsions in your solvent.
has anyone tested this?
“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” - Samuel Johnson

Disclaimer: Every post by Alienteaparty is in no way to be taken seriously, Alienteaparty is purely a figment of a sick-sad child's imagination!

justine
#4 Posted : 4/26/2011 11:53:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alienteaparty wrote:
I see.
so this reduces the solubility of the dmt in your solvent?

I usually have the same amount of liquid weather im doing a small or large amount of bark, and i normally get pure white X-tals with no residue or plant oils what so ever.
Also, would you still add the same amount of lye to a condensed solution or would you decrease the amount used? Im guessing you would decrease it but this could possibly lead to emulsions in your solvent.
has anyone tested this?

Well, the solubility of dmt freebase in a given solvent is a constant.

I'm not sure I understand your question but reducing the acidic soup a lot doesn't seem to lead to impure spice (actually my A/B spice has always been snow white).

And yes, you don't need as much lye to basify a smaller volume of water to the same PH.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Jugdish Jugemu
#5 Posted : 4/26/2011 1:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand (from a mesc tek, but it seems the same basic (no pun intended) principle would apply), the more condensed the soup, the fewer pulls you have to do, but more cleanup will be required.

Alienteaparty
#6 Posted : 4/26/2011 1:42:06 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

thanks a lot guys. i might test this next time.
Jugdish and Justine. i think that both of you are correct in a way.
my conclusion is that when you have less liquid you can do less pulls because the solvent comes into contact a lot easier with the dmt (mainly because there is less water witch is suspending the dmt.) But this will not effect the amount of plant oils that come into your solvent (giving that your solvent is free of emulsions).
anyone agree?

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:13:17 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

justine wrote:

Actually...it can vary based on temperature of the solvent, this is why freeze precipitation works. Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

justine
#8 Posted : 4/26/2011 2:28:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
justine wrote:

Actually...it can vary based on temperature of the solvent, this is why freeze precipitation works. Wink

Right, I should have added : at a given temperature Smile
- William Blake

Alienteaparty
#9 Posted : 5/1/2011 4:20:53 PM

Dimitri Spacepipe

OK so i tested this and found out that the more you condense your liquid the more plant oils will come through with the pulls.
All thought you don't have to do as many pulls, i used double the amount of shellite in each pull and let it sit in a hot water bath for a good 15 -20 minutes each pull.
i also stirred my mixture with a metal spoon rather than shaking or swirling it.
i find this method to be easier and more effective. a simple re crystallization can get your product looking clean and nice and i also found the oils that come through to be active.
i am keen to hear from some other people on how this works for them.