We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
PSYCHEDELIC INK... Options

olympus mon
#81 Posted : 4/12/2011 5:17:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Antrocles- firstly, thank you for allowing me to be of service. there is no higher purpose we can have to one another, it was an honor and a pleasure to serve you.

it felt like a reuniting of brothers having you, idravlr and myself together at such a special show of art that Alex Gray brings. im grateful the 3 of us got to share that experience. great night!!!!
please enjoy your tattoo. your contentment and satisfaction are the fruits of my labor and the only thong that matters. i look forward to our next adventure dear friend. hopefully in your healing room and of coarse burning man for a proper live bassnectar introduction!

much love
OM'
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

antrocles
#82 Posted : 4/12/2011 6:53:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dude...not to drag it out....but i LOVE this tattoo. as in L.O.V.E. it has been such a crazy odyssey. it caused me so much suffering....(i have pretty substantial O.C.D. and the piece was originally off-center!) and now, after going through the entire array of emotions, i come out on the other side. utter acceptance. utter bliss. utter gratitude and a profoundly deepened understanding of myself.

can't ask for much more from a tattoo.

check out the evolution!

L&G!!
antrocles attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (56kb) downloaded 963 time(s).
namaste 2.jpg (197kb) downloaded 965 time(s).
2.jpg (319kb) downloaded 961 time(s).
lotus in bloom.jpg (206kb) downloaded 961 time(s).
CLOSE UP CROWN.jpg (298kb) downloaded 962 time(s).
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

I am.
#83 Posted : 4/12/2011 7:10:45 PM

I AM

I hear you on the OCD ant! My chest is all off center and asymmetrical. It is a skull so I suppose it's not meant to be symmetrical but it still does get under my skin. But in my opinion...your head looks awesome bro. I can only imagine how bad it must have messed with you to be off center!
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

actualfactual
#84 Posted : 4/12/2011 7:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dig the head tattoo

possibly stupid question.. but does the hair grow back? I figure it would but I didn't know if the tattooing processing would interfere with the hair follicle or something

i dig it though.. your hands are on of favorites as well.

antrocles
#85 Posted : 4/12/2011 7:52:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah...it was truly a test of epic proportions. and now, to have it be perfectly centered and definitely not 'dainty' is quite an interesting adjustment as well. there is no way to describe how much this tattoo DEMANDS me to be righteous. am i going to be that guy with the giant lotus on his crown who is acting like a dick, making low choices and lazily choosing to not rise to his highest calling?

i understand that the tattoo doesn't make the person, that in truth the person makes the tattoo. i am now on a life's path to make this tattoo as righteous as it is beautiful. i carry 'the mark' of one who has chosen to face this scary, unknown road. no more laziness allowed...

Shocked gulp....

Pleased

L&G

@actualfactual- yes, the hair grows back but at 40 there's definitely not as much as there once was.... Laughing with my hair fully grown back, you'll still see the tattoo...but it looks super cool..
wisdom today."

idtravlr
#86 Posted : 4/16/2011 8:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ant - Congratulations on your new work of art. It is INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL and I truly agree that you now have a piece of the soul of an amazingly brilliant tattoo artist that is also intertwined with your own artistic vision. I don't have to tell you what kind of synchronous energy that creates. Oly mon is godlike because he has an amazing talent to feed off of and be driven by the energy of others, take that synergy, and produce an unbelievable piece of artwork.

Beyond that I have to say that the weekend is still truly surreal to me. You're an amazing individual my friend. Nothing less than I expected, and in fact so much more. I only wish we all had more time for this initial gathering of spirits. There was some serious work to be done that unfortunately, time and schedules did not allow. Alas however... This work shall be done!

Lastly but certainly not least. Thank you so much for the kind words. The feeling is absolutely reciprocal man. Missi was blown away by your energy as well, and I'm sooooooo glad we all got to experience Mr. Grey together. Our time to meet again is soon for sure!

Fuck! My dog just started bleeding out of his ass! I'm NOT kidding! Signing off for now. Stay tuned for a funny ass picture however.

Love, peace and gratitude!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

proto-pax
#87 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:25:02 PM

bird-brain

Antrocles when I saw the final form, I had chills go down my spine. Olympus, amazing work right there brother.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Aegle
#88 Posted : 4/16/2011 4:24:21 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Ant

Your lotus tattoos on your hands are the most beautiful tattoos that i have ever seen...

Much Peace and Compassion
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Ice House
#89 Posted : 4/16/2011 10:12:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Ant that looks beautiful! It acentuates an already amazingly beautiful soul.

I feel blessed, Oly I'm so excited. Countin down the days til the 21st.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

olympus mon
#90 Posted : 4/22/2011 6:40:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

here is a fun one i did a few weeks back. she brought me here favorite blown glass peice and asked me to render it as a tattoo.
enjoy
olympus mon attached the following image(s):
graceDSC_0099.JPG (631kb) downloaded 777 time(s).
grace2 DSC_0095.JPG (797kb) downloaded 775 time(s).

olympus mon
#91 Posted : 4/22/2011 4:04:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i had the honor of meeting and tattooing our very own brother Icehouse this week. he wanted to "spice" up his existing tribal sun tattoo. i feel we did just that.
icehouse is an amazing person and i only hope my art can reflect his inner brilliance!!!
enjoy.
olympus mon attached the following image(s):
icehouse before IMG_20110404_161657.jpg (932kb) downloaded 760 time(s).
DSC_0185.JPGicehouse full.jpg (1,017kb) downloaded 757 time(s).
DSC_0181.JPGicehouse close.jpg (1,141kb) downloaded 754 time(s).

Kodama
#92 Posted : 4/22/2011 5:03:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful work Olympus and congrats on the awesome tattoo IcehouseVery happy
If only you were in Denmark! I would love for you to finish (and edit? See page 4) my still unfinished backpiece. Maybe some day eh.....Smile
"Pay attention. And keep breathing." - T. McKenna (1946-2000)

proto-pax
#93 Posted : 4/22/2011 5:29:47 PM

bird-brain

Amazing work as always.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

antrocles
#94 Posted : 4/22/2011 8:19:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

truly an amazing artist. icehouse- you and i are now linked by a common inky bond Pleased

the brotherhood of the mon.

righteous.

now come down and get your ass in my hammock!!! Laughing

L&G!!
wisdom today."

Ice House
#95 Posted : 4/22/2011 9:32:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

WoW! oly mon..... I just dont know what to say my Nexian Brother, I am honored, I love you man. I consider myself sooo fortunate that our lives have crossed paths.

I had been wearing that messed up ink on my arm for a long time and I wanted to get it re-worked. I had scoured the internet and tattooo shops all over the place and never could find anything or anyone who I really wanted to do the work.

When we crossed paths and I found out what you were about. Well, the best thing about our bonding session was that it felt so natural for me to give myself up to you and just let you work your magic.

When I walked into Odd Ball I had no idea what so ever how it was going to look. I walked out grinning from ear to ear and today I look in the mirror and words dont really describe how I feel.

The old tattoo was placed there during a very bad time in my life. thank you for helping me with a transformation that has been a few years in the works.

Sorry for being so long winded about this tattoo. I just want to say it again.

A heart felt thank you oly mon.

Much Love and Gratitude Forever

Ice House

@ antrocles- Amen Brother! We do share a peice of a wonerful human being that we shall carry forever with pride.

rightous indeed!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

lonewolf123
#96 Posted : 4/22/2011 10:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Olympus, good lord man, you do some beautiful work.

CosmicFool
#97 Posted : 4/23/2011 7:54:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice job Olympus Smile I'd like to know what type of needles you used in that Ice Houses tattoo? If I'd say 5RL for the linings would I be very wrong? Smile Oh man every one of these pictures makes me really wanna invest in some proper machines and toss those chinese pieces of dung that I have in to the garbage Very happy
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

I am.
#98 Posted : 4/23/2011 7:08:12 PM

I AM

shrooms on the back of my leg. posted 1st pic to show size, 2nd to better show art. going back to it in a couple weeks and gonna add some kinda bright orange/yellow energy background to it, probably with waves and/or geometry.
I am. attached the following image(s):
shroom1.JPG (4,219kb) downloaded 704 time(s).
shroom2.JPG (4,616kb) downloaded 705 time(s).

olympus mon
#99 Posted : 4/23/2011 9:34:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

CosmicFool wrote:
Nice job Olympus Smile I'd like to know what type of needles you used in that Ice Houses tattoo? If I'd say 5RL for the linings would I be very wrong? Smile Oh man every one of these pictures makes me really wanna invest in some proper machines and toss those chinese pieces of dung that I have in to the garbage Very happy

you would be wrongVery happy . i rarely use anything smaller than an 8r and even those i have made extra fat. other thean the gills in the mushrooms for those i used a tight 4r.

thank you everyone, it feels good when people enjoy your art.
cheers!

I am.
#100 Posted : 5/13/2011 12:00:41 AM

I AM

final product:

feminine alien presenting us with an lsd molecule
I am. attached the following image(s):
alien3.1.JPG (4,381kb) downloaded 637 time(s).

«PREV34567NEXT»