We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Should I Try Other Psychedelics Before DMT? Options

ElevatedAura
#1 Posted : 4/1/2011 3:29:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright everyone, so I know DMT is the strongest hallucinogen out there. And I was just wondering, should I prepare myself a little more? I have done magic mushrooms a few times and LOVED those. But yeah, I'm still a newbie to psychedelics.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 4/1/2011 3:32:10 PM

The Great Namah

You cannot prepare yourself....and in my experience with first time psycedelic users you can just blast off....it's still the same amount of shock and awe.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Pet
#3 Posted : 4/1/2011 3:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed. The first time I blasted off with DMT, it felt like tripping for the first time, and I had had 10+ psychedelic experiences beforehand. I've also had friends who blasted off without any prior psychedelic experience and had great trips. Everything happens so fast and the sensory overload is so extreme, you really don't have much room to think, you mostly just experience it in the moment.

Keep in mind I'm talking about smoked DMT. Pharma/Ayahuasca is a different story. While I haven't tried it, I hear experience with high doses of lsd or mushrooms is highly recommended as a prerequisite before trying oral DMT.

giver of will
#4 Posted : 4/1/2011 4:01:50 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

In my opinion I would think it would be better to do dmt before any other psychedelics, shows you the power they offer. Also its like your going in with a clean slate, psychedelics have not yet racked your brain so much that you already have beliefs about them trying to understand what it is they do to you.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

sheep
#5 Posted : 4/1/2011 7:36:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nothing can prepare you for DMT hyperspace, not even DMT hyperspace!

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 4/1/2011 8:07:26 PM

The Great Namah

Stridency wrote:
Nothing can prepare you for DMT hyperspace, not even DMT hyperspace!

So true...each time I go in it's a brand new world...even if I've been there before....
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

smokerx
#7 Posted : 4/1/2011 8:56:07 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

if you feel like you want to do it than go for it. just make sure you know all about smoking tek and dosage.

i have never done anything else but DMT. i dont count weed Smile first time i heard about DMT i knew i had to do it. for me it is a part of my spiritual jurney. DMT called me so i came.

and to add ... my GVG just arrived and i have not tried it yet. i was anly using the machine till now and i have not breakthrough yet.

what are you planing to use to smoke it ?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

MySmelf
#8 Posted : 4/2/2011 2:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I have to agree with all the above. It doesn't matter if you're a psychedelic virgin or an old school veteran, it can be just as shocking either way!

A friend of mine that has a lot of experience with LSD told me it made acid seem like a cup of coffee in comparison.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 4/2/2011 2:11:48 AM

John Murdoch IV

Breaking through is a whole different level of experience.
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

entheogenadvocate
#10 Posted : 4/2/2011 5:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
A friend of mine that has a lot of experience with LSD told me it made acid seem like a cup of coffee in comparison.

^^This. I experimented many many times with LSD and mushrooms (and some other assorted goods) prior to finding DMT, and after my first breakthrough, I felt like I could eat a ten strip before work! (not that I ever would or would advise anyone else to do so)

However, with other psychedelics such as LSD and mushrooms that are longer in duration, you have a much larger window to have a "freak out". In other words, the possibility of getting caught up in a type of circular reasoning or self-analysis that sends you running to the nearest corner to assume the fetal position with your thumb in your mouth (or maybe that's just me?) increases.

Also, I have had experiences on the spice where my ego is so dissolved that I forget I even smoked DMT, was a human, or had a body at all.

My opinion:
- Other psychedelics can't prepare you for what you will experience on DMT
- Other psychedelics may have a higher chance of facilitating a psychologically/physically uncomfortable experience simply due to duration.
- Due to the types/intensity of the visions/experiences DMT induces, and the duration of the experience, you rarely have time to have a "freak out". By the time you realize that its kinda weird to be talking to an octopus covered in eyes, and that you no longer have a body...you're back, wanting to call everyone you have ever met in your life and tell them about how you just had the most amazing/blissful/life changing experience of your life.
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

bodhi
#11 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:16:07 AM

it's just a dream

Great words entheogenadvocate, I totally concur.

I like the duration and intensity, kinda of like the spin cycle of a washing machineWink

Pet
#12 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:34:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well put, entheogenadvocate!

In addition to having a larger window of time to have a bad trip, other psychedelics also give a novice psychonaut more time to makes stupid decisions while tripping, such as wandering out in traffic or otherwise physically hurting or embarassing oneself. DMT, with its ferocious intensity, usually renders one unable to move, much less do anything to get themselves into trouble.

Cowboy5560
#13 Posted : 4/2/2011 8:36:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cowboy's first and only psychadelic substance was DMT. The newbies with bad trips are almost always because they underestimate the power and how to react to it, bad set & setting, etc. This can mostly be avoided by starting small and slowly measuring up.

The one's who will ultimately decide "DMT's not for me!" will most likely decide so within the first few experiences, and really only maybe have a few minutes of horror total.....this might scare some from regular, longer duration psychadelics if DMT was thier first.

I don't see a problem with starting with Dimitri.

joedirt
#14 Posted : 4/2/2011 7:22:15 PM

Not I

ElevatedAura wrote:
Alright everyone, so I know DMT is the strongest hallucinogen out there. And I was just wondering, should I prepare myself a little more? I have done magic mushrooms a few times and LOVED those. But yeah, I'm still a newbie to psychedelics.

Personally I think you should experience others first. Typically when you do shrooms or LSD you are not going to have an experience any where near the peak intensity of DMT. If your first psychedelic experience were a bad DMT trip you would likely have trip anxiety that could ruin all the others for you.

My recommendation would be to try and find some shrooms to do first. At least get a little experience with the head space. But no it won't prepare you fully for a DMT breakthrough. Nothing will.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Metanoia
#15 Posted : 4/3/2011 3:39:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
Personally I think you should experience others first. Typically when you do shrooms or LSD you are not going to have an experience any where near the peak intensity of DMT. If your first psychedelic experience were a bad DMT trip you would likely have trip anxiety that could ruin all the others for you.

My recommendation would be to try and find some shrooms to do first. At least get a little experience with the head space. But no it won't prepare you fully for a DMT breakthrough. Nothing will.

I agree. While nothing can prepare you for DMT, the same can be said about many psychedelics. You don't know exactly what to expect, so there isn't much you can do to prepare. It's simply the intensity of DMT that makes people talk about preparedness being futile.

I always advocate for people to start small and work their way up. It's much safer. Try some of the less intense psychedelics first, see how you get along with them. Some LSA seeds, some shrooms, mescaline, starting at the lower end of the dose range of course. While it may not fully prepare you for what DMT may show you, you'll still learn some things and probably have fun doing it. Pleased

Lavos
#16 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whatever you do is completely up to you and what you want to accept. If you are coming to DMT for healing, there is much to learn, but to me the lessons (experience) is one of the absolute most intense out there, so no need to be in a rush if you are inexperienced. I've heard plenty of reports about smokers who had not tried any psychedelics before, and came away with a beautiful trip.

But I'm looking for healing, and joy again, and need to work on issues of fear, anxiety, doubt, etc. Me personally I would rather experience some time with Cactus and Mamma aya before I start diving into spice breakthroughs. I've seen enough to know for now, and I think I could maybe relax into it, but I'll get comfortable with something 'easier' first. Less steep a rollercoaster anyway, less shocking. I don't expect to be prepared for DMT breakthrough, but I do expect to become a bit more satisfied with life and active in my creation here. .My 2cents

Edit: Note, I don't mean to sound simple, oh, I'll just take this and I'll understand it all better. Not the case. Through any psychedelic use I'm just looking to shake things up some, and maybe see more about who I am and how I feel here.
My ego is insane, but I'm alright

The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. -William Blake

Lavos is a fictional character, a dream inside a dream. Don't take what he says to be true or representational of reality in any known form. He is inspired by pure fantasy.