We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Voacanga Africana Options

rOm
#1 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:18:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Things were going well today and SWIM decided to go for a 200mg 10x test voacanga extract.
It was indeed threshold. As a side note SWIM took 350mg kirkii (uvuma umhlope, an oneriogen similar to silene capensis) before breakfast and it might have synergised well.

So 9 hours later SWIM tried 200mg first and feeling a little something which he couldn't quite put his finger on yet, he decided to go for another 300mg of the extract (a total of 500mg voacanga extract).

This was a pleasant experience (he ate a good vegan dinner, and effects start to be felt less strongly afterwards), with mild dissociative effects (similar to muscimol) and some unability for the vision to keep still while walking (not unlike psilocin when we have this shoulder style movie camera - the picture is moving with the viewer).

All in all, it was definitely active at that dose, and a pleasant dissociative with no discomfort or bodyload. and made him think he could dig a bit more work with this plant.

Did anyone else worked with this plant or extracts to share opinions ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:37:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has powdered seeds and has never tried them. The reports of stomach pain and other unpleasant effects has put him off trying it.

Have you tried the seeds? If so, is there a big difference between the seeds and the extract?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rOm
#3 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:42:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just read back from the supplier it is root bark.
There was NO nausea no upset stomach and it was near amanita panther in effect so far.
I really want to dig the thing. What would be a good way to extract FE going like ibogaine extraction like with Bancopuma tek (to get a full alcaloid extract not a simple voacangine).

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 6/29/2010 9:39:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

-
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

rOm
#5 Posted : 6/29/2010 10:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, SWIM will keep sharing his bioessays about this fascinating entheogen.

There is apparently some risk with high voacangine intake, so if someone come to start working with this plant or extracts, it is wise to go easy at first.

The dosage SWIM had was completely comfortable, but there are reports of asphyxia when overdosing voacangine.
Just stay in a safe range of dosage if willing to work with this plant.

rOm
#6 Posted : 6/30/2010 6:42:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, SWIM hasn't got access to Iboga where he is now.
That's why he is trying to figure out how to use another African plant.
He will make a few experiments anyway and see for himself if he get nasty side-effects.
Too much of a dose sound like possibly giving such problems.
It reminds him of amanitas, at high doses of muscimol, the body reacts badly, but at some lower it gose smoothly for some people and really hard for some others.
Will see where this is going.

#7 Posted : 6/30/2010 6:43:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, everyone be careful with this stuff. I think it has some pretty toxic alkaloids in it. Be safe everyone

rOm
#8 Posted : 6/30/2010 7:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey 1992, could you back this up please ?

What I've read was that at certain dosages it is fairly safe, but at very high amounts it does get highly toxic.

rOm
#9 Posted : 7/14/2010 5:10:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First STB d-limo from 10 grams has been salted with vinegar.
Moonkey didn't felt anything special.
He will do another extraction similar but salting out with FASW.