We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Nexus and search engines... Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:12:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To avoid derailing the thread @ https://dmt-nexus.me/for...aspx?g=posts&t=13068

I’d like to throw something out there...

ghostman wrote:
I still believe that the Nexus should be word of mouth, unindexed and on the dark web.

I think something along these lines too, maybe just a slight bit less harsh–

The ayahuasca forums only have the front page indexed. More and more I think this would be an intelligent approach for this site. We have a good gateway page to the site and its data. People who want to find the Nexus can easily. I find the Nexus forums far too much when I am googling chemicals or anything remotely involved in spice, it seems like a liability on so many fronts.

It is a shame that YAF has a very bad search. Not much could be done without addressing that.
D × V × F > R

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:27:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with this. I think it may be wisdom to take the Nexus under the waves ... those who seek will still find
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

ghostman
#3 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:31:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for bringing this up d*l*b

I have thought for some time now that a repository and community like the Nexus should be covert and silent. I remember Vovin telling us about the origins of it and how the elders were quite cold until you had proven your dedication and mettle regarding the Molecule.

I fear it may be too late. Hyperspace, I believe has a way of protecting herself, not that she needs any protection from us though. There is however a tidal wave of idiots about to wash up like flotsam on the shores of Hyperspace, but I don't believe that Hyperspace cares much for who enters.

What amazes me more than Hyperspace itself sometimes is the GIGO effect; Garbage In, Garbage Out. So many cnuts enter Hyperspace and so many leave as cnuts. She doesn't seem to care, or at least we'll never understand on what level our cnutness matters to it all.

Some of us are of the mind that we are here to guide and act as an example, however we are seeing more and more people finding us and they are getting younger and stupider. Some of us advocate exessive use of the molecule and are in favour of broadcasting and publishing the news to the great unwashed. Others are more careful and discreet.

We too are to blame for facilitating the effect. It's incredibly easy to source, extract and smoke in more ways than was ever possible. All you have to do is Google 'DMT Experience' and you will get a link to the Nexus with what are, quite frankly, some of the most irresistible trip reports that would make any man and his dog (SWIM) want to go there!

It may be too late, so we may as well ride it out. it won't be long before we see restrictions on the source materials. Maybe what is needed is for it to once again become more difficult to extract, putting it back into the hands of the seriously dedicated who worship in a healthy, stealthy, wise and grounded fashion in this western society that does not provide the natural context for us to consult with her.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:43:48 PM

JC

You have a good point D*l*B about when googling chemicals etc the nexus appears. I think humanity should be aware of hyperspace, when I first discovered it I told eceryone about this miracle but now im a lot less vocal about it, butt I dont think a site like the nexus should turn into a clique thats hard to find, people have a right to know about this miracle, and for communitys like this to help them.

And what do you mean ghostman when you say the great unwashed? That to me is just pure snobbery and tbh I wouldnt want to be a part of something that sees itself as this cliquey elite that only the chosen few can be a part of. Some people use lots of drugs excessivly and a lot of people dont ever want to try dmt again after trying it, obviously it has the potential for abuse but the majority of peole wouldnt dream of it, its too hardcore for most people. People will find places like this when looking for dmt and you make a good point dlb but im totally against this idea of only a chosen few, we have the nursery for people to prove themselves already, and as I said the idea of trying to break into a clique puts me off straight away, and would do a lot of genuiune people.

jbark
#5 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:44:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I have thought for some time now that a repository and community like the Nexus should be covert and silent.

Depends on our agenda. keeping completely silent only fosters the ignorance we seek to eradicate.

Quote:
I still believe that the Nexus should be word of mouth, unindexed and on the dark web.

Easy to say once you're in!Smile I would probably never have found all of you if this were the case! maybe some of you think that would have been better...Sad

But many who are here contributing in very valuable ways probably wouldn't be either if it were "unindexed".

Strength in numbers, no? Again, depends on our agenda. If it happens to be to keep all this knowledge and potential secret, then that would definitely be accomplished by going "dark". But i don't believe that is in the spirit of this "place".

I don't think the world needs another secret society.

By the same token, I don't have any strong ideas about what we should do. I posted in the thread about the recent tragedy that maybe now is the time to organize and devise a strategy to protect us, our sources and spice in general without going underground and contributing to the viral nature of the ignorance we are about to witness unfolding...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

ghostman
#6 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:51:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
And what do you mean ghostman when you say the great unwashed? That to me is just pure snobbery and tbh I wouldnt want to be a part of something that sees itself as this cliquey elite that only the chosen few can be a part of.

That is my sense of humour (of the English variety) that should most certainly not be taken that way. It's tongue in cheek. Smile

Pearls before swine, the great unwashed, let them eat cake; et cetera, ad hominem...
Peace in mind, Love in heart

hummus
#7 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:55:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do see a lot of this 'panic' here about source materials being made illegal and it almost seems to be ruling everything we do. I'm not saying we should be very open or very secretive about it, but imho we have to find a middle ground that gives the most benefit balanced with the least harm.
This may just be my opinion, but governments have through history always reacted against things; made them more difficult/illegal, at the point where they are actually becoming effective. A lot of us seem to forget that DMT is illegal, highly illegal, I bet a large majority of the users of this forum would go to prison for a matter of years if caught by the police. This doesn't mean we should stop and say 'fuck this I might get arrested' etc, we just need to continuously adapt our tactics, techniques and directions to find the right path for us to take.
What are our goals with this site?
Is it to have a community of people who've already found DMT to support each other?
Is it to figure out new ways of extraction to 'get around' laws?
Is it to introduce DMT to new people?
Is it to give step by step instructions on how to make and take DMT for new people?
IMHO it's a little bit of all of them but everyone will have varying opinions on which of these are the most important/most beneficial etc.
The suppliers section is something I could see some thought going into as well, not really sure on the 'right' thing to do with it but seems a bit odd having a section which lists exactly where you can get everything you need to make dmt/other drugs.

jbark
#8 Posted : 6/8/2010 1:57:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What are our goals with this site?
Is it to have a community of people who've already found DMT to support each other?
Is it to figure out new ways of extraction to 'get around' laws?
Is it to introduce DMT to new people?
Is it to give step by step instructions on how to make and take DMT for new people?

exactly my point hummus. What exactly is our agenda?

BTW your name makes me hungry.Smile

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:02:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:

What I have proposed is not about creating a secret society. The ayahuasca forums (well the ayahuasca.com site) can currently be found as the 3rd result if you search for 'ayahuasca' with Google, it is the 1st result if you search for 'ayahuasca forum'. All the information anyone would need to find about the molecule could be found easily by those who are looking, just without sticking our necks out so much.

A good example can be found in the suppliers section, it was a good solution to the issue of brand names and vendor sites being associated with the spice and the Nexus, however after a year of existence the problem seems to have reappeared. There are posts all over the forum with too much supplier/product info in them that may ultimately endanger our access to them.
D × V × F > R

jbark
#10 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
jbark wrote:

What I have proposed is not about creating a secret society. The ayahuasca forums (well the ayahuasca.com site) can currently be found as the 3rd result if you search for 'ayahuasca' with Google, it is the 1st result if you search for 'ayahuasca forum'. All the information anyone would need to find about the molecule could be found easily by those who are looking, just without sticking our necks out so much.

A good example can be found in the suppliers section, it was a good solution to the issue of brand names and vendor sites being associated with the spice and the Nexus, however after a year of existence the problem seems to have reappeared. There are posts all over the forum with too much supplier/product info in them that may ultimately endanger our access to them.

Sorry DLB, that comment wasn't directed specifically at you. I agree that less visibility would be beneficial, and your suggestion is great!

I just believe that total web silence would be detrimental in so many ways.

JBArk

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:37:26 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

With the DMT-Nexus I choose to spread the information about DMT as good as possible. This means that we should have as much information as possible and have it available in such a way that it's usable and that people can find us easily.

The idea of putting the DMT-Nexus underground is not new and has been stated before, and just as I said back then: it will not happen! We should educate people as good as we can, sneaking into a corner doesn't help anyone but the corner and even the corner might get enough of us after a while. Pleased

I also have the idea that this idea to go underground is fed by fear and paranoia. For that I have to say: Don't worry there, if the DMT-Nexus ever disappears then another site will take over quickly, thats the way of the internetz.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

jbark
#12 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:45:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
With the DMT-Nexus I choose to spread the information about DMT as good as possible. This means that we should have as much information as possible and have it available in such a way that it's usable and that people can find us easily.

The idea of putting the DMT-Nexus underground is not new and has been stated before, and just as I said back then: it will not happen! We should educate people as good as we can, sneaking into a corner doesn't help anyone but the corner and even the corner might get enough of us after a while. Pleased

I also have the idea that this idea to go underground is fed by fear and paranoia. For that I have to say: Don't worry there, if the DMT-Nexus ever disappears then another site will take over quickly, thats the way of the internetz.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I agree Traveler. And I sensed this would be your/our agenda. Thanks for everything!

JBArk

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:54:42 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The Nexus should remain a completely open and visible website. I do not post the news stories that I find in order to cause fear or paranoia, but so that everyone will be aware of what's going on. The reactions of "run", "hide", and other panicked responses are laughable at best and fear mongering at worst. I was gonna make a longer post, but Trav posted as I began writing this up.

Essentially, the Nexus is the premier source of accurate information on DMT. We are here to educate both sides on DMT. There is nothing to be gained by making the Nexus go "underground". All that would serve to do is restrict information to people on both sides of this issue who sorely need it; be it extractors who need to learn how to do it safely or anti-drug advocates/media personalities/concerned parents who need to understand the true effects of this substance and what it does/how it effects people.

As the most visible, comprehensive, and largest source of accurate information on DMT on the internet, it is our responsibility and duty as a community to remain highly visible; we are a beacon of truth amidst the sea of lies that is all too frequently frenzied by the gales of propagandistic media forces in the farcical name of public safety.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Touche Guevara
#14 Posted : 6/8/2010 5:19:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If the Nexus isn't found by casual searchers, then the face of entheogens is Bluelight and Mycotopia.

'nuff said.

clouds
#15 Posted : 6/8/2010 8:17:26 PM

Human

Jorkest
#16 Posted : 6/8/2010 9:52:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

FREE AND ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION FOR ALL
it's a sound