We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ayahuasca/mimosahuasca Options

g13juggalo
#1 Posted : 5/20/2010 3:49:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So my friend made ayahuasca (actually mimosahuasca), I thought I'd help him by asking you guys some stuff.

Do the syrian rue seeds need to be powdered? He forgot until he already mixed everything.

Can it be strained through a tee-shirt? My friend tried to, but some of the liquids stayed in the t-shirt, so he isn't sure if it'll reduce the amount he put into the brew, and make it weaker.

Is it okay that my friend reduced the liquid from 2 doses down to only a few sips each? He added water as necessary, but tried to boil it down to a small amount, without realizing how little there actually was. There was more water than plant matter though.

and how long can one keep aya in a bottle? My friends waiting for an appropriot time

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/20/2010 4:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Thats not a huasca at all..ayahuasca is the only huasca, and you need caapi for that. Rue is just something else. Id do a manske on it personally..there are toxins is rue that will boil out into the water if you just make a tea..and you can store ayahuasca for a long time..but with rue I think it would go bad alot sooner.
Long live the unwoke.

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 5/20/2010 5:53:08 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeah, aya may be the only true "huasca", but I still think mimosahuasca is a pretty good colloquial term for the oh-so-common rue/mimosa brew. Fractal, if you have another catchy term to replace mimosahuasca, I will gladly propagate it.

Powdering: Crushing them first really will allow a lot more goodies to come out. There's a damn good chance that the brew may be too weak, given that whole seeds were used. Then again, it depends: how much seed WAS used per person? 5g of seeds whole may be enough, but I doubt 3g of seeds whole would.

Filtering: A t-shirt should work. I've used a women's nightshirt and a synthetic sock, both were fine. The last liquid that doesn't want to go through can be squeezed out, it's not a matter of being too thick it's that there's very little pressure towards the end of the filtration process.

Reducing: A few sips each may be difficult, just because it makes dosing correctly tricky. Some boil it down to a shot-glass' worth, so i can't see why it would cause too many problems to boil it down more, besides the dosing issue. Personally I find that downing a cup's worth ain't that difficult, you might as well skip the reduction, IMO.

Storing: Just throw it in the fridge in a bottle. If you're talking a matter of weeks, it's better to freeze it.

Given how cheap rue seeds are, I'm guessing you have more. It might be a good idea to do it again, powder the seeds first, etc. You'll be more likely to get the results you're looking for.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

g13juggalo
#4 Posted : 5/20/2010 10:13:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ahh. Alright. He'll prolly just eat a couple grams of seeds with it then.

and I know its not ayahuasca, and I would prefer real ayahuasca.
but this is a lot cheaper. I think its just as much of a huasca as pharmahuasca.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 5/20/2010 10:49:04 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Be warned, there's even more crap when you eat the seeds. One Nexian said the seeds give you very uncomfortable "deliriant headrushes".

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

ragabr
#6 Posted : 5/20/2010 11:46:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just read "Haomahuasca" today, which I really liked. Source
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

g13juggalo
#7 Posted : 5/21/2010 5:56:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
just read "Haomahuasca" today, which I really liked. Source

What is it? Its not that clear.

jamie
#8 Posted : 5/21/2010 6:41:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

did you listen the podcast? Its actaully a cool talk.

BTW..I use mimosa with caapi..but to me thats still ayahuasca..ayahuasca is a living tradition IMO, that means she carries herself over into western culture..just as there was a time when ayahuasca wasnt yet brewed with chacuna or chaliponga..but they never chose to call it chachuasca once they learned to use it as admixture. Jurema does have its own spirit for sure and a history of use..but so do many of the plants used to make the ayahuasca brew.."ayahuasca" to me is the name of any brew that contains the vine as the main ingredient.

Rue is its own thing with its own hisorical significance, and its different enough from the brews with caapi to keep its traditional name.

Just my 2 cents. Both plants I use.
Long live the unwoke.

BananaForeskin
#9 Posted : 5/21/2010 9:13:07 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Given the mention of the haoma in this thread, it might not be a bad idea to maybe apply this name to the common rue concoction. I know it's uncertain exactly what haoma may have been, but rue is a possibility and rue/DMT is certainly a sacrament. Perhaps this would be something to discuss for the Lexicon.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

ragabr
#10 Posted : 5/21/2010 5:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed with Fractal and BananaForeskin, Rue opened my forays into the -huasca world, and I have a deep respect for it. I don't really consider calling it pharmahuasca appropriate, especially just the brew with Jurema. After beginning working with the vine, she indicated to me that referring to the Rue admixture as Ayahuasca disrespected her own influence. Personally, I will adopt Haomahuasca, unless/until the community settles on something else.

Be cool, be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms