We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
pissing contest Options

#21 Posted : 5/6/2010 5:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm so glad you've raised this, poly - it's been, well, pissing me off lately all these threads you refer to; this boasting about dose, and also the 'I know all the answers as a result' that seem too often to accompany this kind of attitude.

And these threads are peppered through the forum at the moment - so good on you for bringing it out in the open.

Regarding dose - imo its about finding the right dose.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

OpeningPandorasBox
#22 Posted : 5/6/2010 5:32:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see this issue as having two teams:

1. The inexperienced "stereotypical drug user" who thinks spice should be treated like pot, alcohol or some other worthless substance.

2. The experienced authorities speaking from a high horse like there is some inherent moral code that everyone should know.

Its quite obvious what is happening here and the manner in which it is being treated is only further detrimental to the forum.

Lets analyze the problem: Some members, generally new and less experienced, are posting about taking spice doses that are many times too powerful to be positive experiences or even safe. Why would they do this?

Motives:
Ignorance - Simply not knowing how powerful of a substance spice is.
Inferiority - Feeling inexperienced or inadequacy in a forum with so many prominent, experienced and knowledgeable members
Kinship - Desiring to fit in with the group
Maturity - Not understanding the implications of ones actions

None of these motives are vial. All of these motives have solutions.

However the inevitable forum response from some members is negative, sarcastic, and demeaning. Most responses hardly contain helpful information at all. Many are just comments on the deterioration of this forum like the member posting this is some form of viral infection.

What are the implications of this type of reaction? The member is ostracized and with little forum history has no real defense. Future posting is discouraged and no understanding is gained. This member may rely only on possibly dangerous experimentation in the future to avoid the negative response of the forum.

Further these demeaning responses all stay on the forum just as the "pissing contests" and deteriorate its integrity.

Solution? I purpose we take the enlightened road and instead of belittling those of less experience we read there post trying to determine their motives. If we can figure out why they want to do something irresponsible we can show them why they do not need to.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

SnozzleBerry
#23 Posted : 5/6/2010 5:57:01 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

OpeningPandora'sBox wrote:
I see this issue as having two teams:

1. The inexperienced "stereotypical drug user" who thinks spice should be treated like pot, alcohol or some other worthless substance.

2. The experienced authorities speaking from a high horse like there is some inherent moral code that everyone should know.

Its quite obvious what is happening here and the manner in which it is being treated is only further detrimental to the forum.

Lets analyze the problem: Some members, generally new and less experienced, are posting about taking spice doses that are many times too powerful to be positive experiences or even safe. Why would they do this?

This has nothing to do with inexperience or experience. This has everything to do with responsibility vs irresponsibility. No one is on a high horse about this. DMT dosage information is widely available throughout the internet even if someone is so green that they haven't been on erowid. That being said, asking about or talking about taking doses that are hundreds or thousands of milligrams is stupid given the dose charts. Would you look at an acid dose chart and say, well gee, it says 100 mics is a strong experience, I want to do a milligram? Honestly, if you are inexperienced with a substance, THIS IS BEYOND STUPID.

OpeningPandorasBox, I see your above post as a red herring...this is not what's going on at all.

People who are talking of such things deserve the response they get not because they are new, but because they haven't taken any precautions and seemingly have done no research regarding dose. This is not the kind of stuff to be playing around with, so when it appears you are playing around, you get harshly-worded responses.

As to the quality of the nexus, what people are sayingis that these kind of posts were never an issue becuase the individuals on here did the kind of research that prevented such moronic threads from occurring, much less becoming commonplace. If you can't understand that, I don't know what to tell you.

There is no understanding to be gained from any of this. There is no need to exceed 50mg smoked or 200-300mg oral. There is no learning to be done as to why not; if you can't formulate a reason or see the implication from prior dosing you are A) Too inexperienced to be considering such a high dose (as endlessness and numerous others have said, work your way up til you find your sweet spot) or B)Can't learn from other people's experience and are going to wind up needing to do this regardless of what information you are given or how people respond to your posts, as was clearly seen with fnog9.

However the inevitable forum response is negative, sarcastic, and demeaning. Most responses hardly contain helpful information at all. Many are just comments on the deterioration of this forum like the member posting this is some form of viral infection.

What are the implications of this type of reaction? The member is ostracized and with little forum history has no real defense. Future posting is discouraged and no understanding is gained. This member may rely only on possibly dangerous experimentation in the future to avoid the negative response of the forum.

This demeaning responses on the nexus serve a purpose with respect to said "pissing contests", if the pissing contests weren't here, there would be no such responses. As they are here, people will know (through these responses) that the nexus as a whole neither supports, condones, nor encourages this type of reckless behavior.

Solution? I purpose we take the enlightened road and instead of belittling those of less experience we read there post trying to determine their motives. If we can figure out why they want to do something irresponsible we can show them why they do not need to.

Solution? I don't think you offered one...it appears you would rather gloss over and sugar coat these events rather than addressing them as the legitimate concerns they are.

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

OpeningPandorasBox
#24 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you think that sarcastic threads are the solution then I guess carry on.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

greymatter
#25 Posted : 5/6/2010 7:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i suppose that i'm included in this as an iniciator...but i promise that it is not, nor ever has been my intention to compete with anyone...i'm glad that everyone is able to go where they like, with as little or as much as they like...i have no desire to do myself harm....nor wish that anybody else to do so out of ignorance. to define ignorance; the lack of previous knowlage...i know exactly what i'm doing..smoking dmt on a joint is compleatly safe(maybe specifically due to it's wastefullness)...you dont have to keep smoking...ive never taken that toke that sent me over the edge.... if my reports seem exesive to the powers that be...i'm sorry. the fact is that i waste alot when i do my experiments, but i dont care...you only live once and i'm going to live my life to the fullest without regrets...i like my method of ingestion and it most definatly works but am compleatly open minded about trying any suggestion that i'm offered and have done so when and where possible searching for the solution.
what's more..i dont have scales so i'd like to say that my reports could be as inaccurate as my eyballing technique
i'm sorry for having unknowingly contributed though misunderstanding, assumpion, and speculation to the scandal
peace and happy travels

SnozzleBerry
#26 Posted : 5/6/2010 8:15:52 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

OpeningPandorasBox wrote:
If you think that sarcastic threads are the solution then I guess carry on.

I didn't say sarcastic threads are the solution...they are merely a release of tension that "pissing contest" threads have built up. As this is a virtual forum, this is how steam is let off. This thread should be viewed as a release for those members of the community who are distraught that such recklessness is taking place and moreso, that the Nexus is being used to propagate such recklessness.

I personally think the solution is to give a thorough dressing down of the individuals when they post ignorant threads about "planning to take a monumental dose" and then proceed to ask "what will happen if a gram or two is consumed". This way the individual will understand the severity and potential danger of what they are talking about. As I've already said, the dose information is widely available, no one is getting lambasted for not being aware of some esoteric facts. These are the basic foundations for approaching any substance.

I maintain that you have not proposed a solution, merely stated you don't like the reaction people give and you placed this assertion on, imo, a false dichotomy of experienced vs inexperienced users that has nothing to do with the actual issues at hand. There may be an issue where some more experienced users perceived "elitism" is a relevant issue, here it is not. What do YOU propose we do to actually address the recklessness and potential severity of these actions? I personally feel that strong reprimands with the explanations of why such reprimands are being given are a perfectly appropriate response and potentially the main solution that we, as virtual avatars, have in this medium. With that being said, it does not need to be over the top and it has been at times. Again, I would say this is understandable and while maybe not overly desirable, it is, imo, preferable to sugar coating the responses or understating the severity and risks of these urinators actions.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Methtical
#27 Posted : 5/6/2010 8:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think snozzle is right on the money, I seriously cannot believe that anyone with any serious and honest intentions to partaking of the spice would not do their homework on it first, if they did that and took their time to read around the forum, reading reports, getting a sense for the attitudes expressed and sifting through the masses of information thats available here, then the vast majority of these types of questions wouldn't get asked in the first place. People seem to want to be spoon-fed everything, do no work yet reap all the glory.

There is a very strange pattern that keeps occuring whereby people attribute everything to DMT, from movies to songs to peoples experiences in real life "Oh yeah man, it must be DMT!", and it's seeing those sorts of things an I'm not surprised posters like Burnt lose their patience and decide to abscond, I'm all for indulging in a bit of out-of-the-box thinking, but sometimes rationality has to be employed.

I tell you what really pisses me off, is when people claim that others on the Nexus are on a high horse, or snobbish with their posting. I've never been in a forum of such selfless individuals who take their time to help other people out, be it in teks, helping people through difficult experiences, or just offering out advice on life, for no gain of their own whatsoever. I wouldn't have the patience to answer time and time again the same questions asked by people who evidently haven't bothered to even begin reading around the subject, yet these guys don't blink an eye and continue to educate others, hell, I'm guessing that a large majority of people wouldn't even be able to extract their own spice if some of the posters here hadn't developed and refined the teks, and then people have the audacity to say they need to get off their high horse? The mind truly boggles. To those nexus posters I;ve just described, for whatever it's worth, you have my upmost respect.

Methtical

SnozzleBerry
#28 Posted : 5/6/2010 8:19:53 PM

omnia sunt communia!

greymatter wrote:
i suppose that i'm included in this as an iniciator...but i promise that it is not, nor ever has been my intention to compete with anyone...i'm glad that everyone is able to go where they like, with as little or as much as they like...i have no desire to do myself harm....nor wish that anybody else to do so out of ignorance. to define ignorance; the lack of previous knowlage...i know exactly what i'm doing..smoking dmt on a joint is compleatly safe(maybe specifically due to it's wastefullness)...you dont have to keep smoking...ive never taken that toke that sent me over the edge.... if my reports seem exesive to the powers that be...i'm sorry. the fact is that i waste alot when i do my experiments, but i dont care...you only live once and i'm going to live my life to the fullest without regrets...i like my method of ingestion and it most definatly works but am compleatly open minded about trying any suggestion that i'm offered and have done so when and where possible searching for the solution.
what's more..i dont have scales so i'd like to say that my reports could be as inaccurate as my eyballing technique
i'm sorry for having unknowingly contributed though misunderstanding, assumpion, and speculation to the scandal
peace and happy travels

I'm pretty sure if you were to be called out for engaging in a pissing contest it would be for your LSD thread where you ate 200 hits or whatever, not the joints as the consensus is that it's an inefficient method. The issue is not that there's someone with 500 mg in a joint that gets smoked on 10 different occasions or over three hours but with people eating several hundred+ mg of DMT or smoking 100+ mg in one go. These are the activities that put people's safety in jeopardy and put the community at risk.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

greymatter
#29 Posted : 5/6/2010 8:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my post about the lsd was inappropiate as that it broke some rules and i have been corrected on the matter and owe eveyone a sincere appology...i just got carried away and i wanted to share the experience with some folks that might have an idea what i experienced
i in no way reccomended doing this in the post as its title was an ACCIDENTAL +4
it was extreamy rough to put it lightly and think contributed greatly to my hard-headedness

SnozzleBerry
#30 Posted : 5/6/2010 8:43:12 PM

omnia sunt communia!

greymatter, I understand what you are saying and did not mean that as an attack on you. I was trying to emphasize that it's not just the raw numbers as numbers mean nothing out of context and I do not find anything reckless or irresponsible about smoking 200-250mg of dmt in a joint. In all honesty, that's about the dose you need if you actually want to breakthrough with it. I've been there, I enjoy dmt sprinkled into my joints from time to time, it's an experience that is unique from either changa or straight freebase. However, that same 250 loaded into a VG or eaten with say another 50mg of spice can potentially be said to be reckless. Sorry for any confusion, that's all I was trying to highlight.

SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

greymatter
#31 Posted : 5/6/2010 11:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds like were finally on the right page...smoking such amounts in a machine specificaly made for doing so might be dangerous for the mentally-impared or for the otherwise stupid troll

gammagore
#32 Posted : 5/7/2010 12:02:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

greymatter wrote:
...smoking such amounts in a machine specificaly made for doing so might be dangerous for the mentally-impared or for the otherwise stupid troll

What about for the rest of them?

No need to be calling people "mentally-impared".

SunRise
#33 Posted : 5/7/2010 12:29:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

this is all really rather ridiculousSmile
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

jbark
#34 Posted : 5/7/2010 12:39:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SunRise wrote:

you mean when the pissing contest thread becomes a pissing contest?Cool

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

OpeningPandorasBox
#35 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:04:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
SunRise wrote:

JBArk

Very happy im tempted to put this in my sig

Also as a potential solution and/or deterrent keeping people in the nursery longer would help weed out the non-dedicated and uneducated.

jbark
#36 Posted : 5/7/2010 1:05:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OpeningPandorasBox wrote:
jbark wrote:
SunRise wrote:

JBArk

Very happy im tempted to put this in my sig

Also as a potential solution and/or deterrent keeping people in the nursery longer would help weed out the non-dedicated and uneducated.

I would piss myself with honour OpeningPandorasBox.Shocked
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

alladinsgrandpa
#37 Posted : 5/7/2010 2:53:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
SunRise wrote:

JBArk

SnozzleBerry
#38 Posted : 5/7/2010 3:37:23 PM

omnia sunt communia!

how exactly would you say this thread became a pissing contest? I don't understand.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#39 Posted : 5/7/2010 6:15:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just takin' the piss SnozzleBerry. Adding a little levity to my own and others gravitas. Not to belittle the importance of addressing the real pissing contest, just to maybe underline that we're going in circles (and I would never deign to exclude myself - i can circle with the best of 'em.Smile )

Seems to be a lot of contention on the boards recently. Sometimes the well meaning argument devolves into arguing before we see it.

But carry on. A good important thread nevertheless.
For the record, I've never been able to piss further than 3 feet.Laughing

JBArk

SnozzleBerry
#40 Posted : 5/7/2010 6:37:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

jbark wrote:
Just takin' the piss SnozzleBerry. Adding a little levity to my own and others gravitas. Not to belittle the importance of addressing the real pissing contest, just to maybe underline that we're going in circles (and I would never deign to exclude myself - i can circle with the best of 'em.Smile )

Seems to be a lot of contention on the boards recently. Sometimes the well meaning argument devolves into arguing before we see it.

But carry on. A good important thread nevertheless.
For the record, I've never been able to piss further than 3 feet.Laughing

JBArk

aaaaahh, forgive my being dense, it was a rough start to the work day. My boss was telling me I'd used incorrect nomenclature for a plant rarity list I created, then I glanced at this thread and was like, wtf? I appreciate the levity and think it's much needed.

As to the going in circles, my younger brother was once heard to utter (on a family road trip where we were lost and had been driving around for a while) "Aren't we always going in circles because the earth is round and we're on it?" to my mom's aggravated yelling of "we're driving in circles". It provided great levity.

For the record, I have no clue how far I can piss, but I have a roommate who, freshman year, got hammered, somehow got into a dorm where we knew no one, pissed himself, threw up on himself, stripped ass-naked and walked three blocks to his dorm, where he was let in by someone (having stripped he had no keys, no wallet and no phone) and awoke in his bed the next morning naked and with no memory of what had happened. I still can't believe no one called the cops or that someone actually let a naked guy into the dorm. He was also caught drunk peeing down his dorm stairwell (blacked out again) and his roommate got roofied at a frat party (I got roofied at the same party) and wound up pissing in the dorm hall when he got home. With roommates like these, i find myself staying out of most pissing contests Laughing .
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

PREV1234NEXT»