We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
. Options

۩
#1 Posted : 3/25/2010 9:02:15 AM

How can you pass up so much vitamin dmt?

:]

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

VisualDistortion
#2 Posted : 3/25/2010 10:25:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's covered your fine.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

endlessness
#3 Posted : 3/25/2010 10:57:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its reasonable to be concerned about your health, of course.. but generally speaking, if the freeze container is well closed, and at freeze temperatures, there should be very very little naphtha fumes.. maybe get a better container that closes good, and take the food out of the freezer when you do it, and you should be fine Smile

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 3/25/2010 1:56:03 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Heheh, I wouldn't freeze precipitate my spice if the naptha didn't contaminate my freezer. Laughing I just love the way it subtly flavors everything with that faint petrochemical tinge.Laughing Honestly, I don't even think I'd extract dmt if it weren't for the residual naptha in the freezer, that is truly divine, the spice is just an added bonus Laughing Laughing

No, but seriously, if your tray is covered, you're fine, nothing to worry about. Honestly, if you're really all that concerned, work with limonene, no toxicity to worry about at all. Very happy

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ghostman
#5 Posted : 3/25/2010 1:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not simply put the solvent in a jar with a lid?
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Pandora
#6 Posted : 3/25/2010 2:37:56 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

۩ wrote:
How can you pass up so much vitamin dmt?

:]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

gammagore
#7 Posted : 3/25/2010 4:41:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use them flat Pyrex dish to freeze, a double layer of clingfilm, airtight does the trick for me.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 3/25/2010 4:47:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I use a jar with cling film attached with a ruuber band and a jar lid. I think that, plus the fact that the naphtha doesn't seem as volatile when it's cold keeps everything in good order.

I've noticed when naphtha comes out of the freezer, it's odour is much less noticable then when it's room temperature.

Observant
#9 Posted : 3/25/2010 5:08:11 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

SWIM has smelled a contaminated fridge before ( beaker covered with foil that was ) ... some freezers are just not cold enough

Nowaday Swim would always use a small closed bottle and a deep freezer for his precip , after decanting the precipitate gets redisolved in alcohol and evaporated on a plate .
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

dtabbler
#10 Posted : 3/25/2010 5:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swims freezer is -16F, he's left uncovered dishes in the freezer a few times with no noticeable smell, however.... there is no reason not to cover at least with some clingwrap.

also swim doesn't leave dishes OVERNIGHT, typically long enough for crystals to drop out which takes a little under 2 hours, he also checks the temp of the dish with a non-contact IR temp gun and finds that the dish and solvent reach -12 in under 3 hours.
Who's this SWIM person and when do I get to meet them? They sound friken cool!

ghostman
#11 Posted : 3/25/2010 7:29:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:
T
And Thanks Ghostman Smile

Perhaps for some teks, a mason jar works well for the final stage, but this tek happens to prefer a flat container.

It uses a flat container (whether it be a glass baking tray, or simply a ceramic dish) for ease of scraping the crystals.

My friend now realizes the solution to his freezer health concern is simply to find a flat holder with a really airtight lid.

I'm not sure the tek needs to be followed down the baking tray Smile

I use a jim jam jar, it's easy, convenient and I can just leave it sealed in the freezer.

Look.

1) put put jar in freezer
2) take jar out of freezer, marvel at jar
3) scrape spice clear
4) pour through funnel
5) marvel at spice

Much peace and love and thanks to you all.

ghostman attached the following image(s):
6 - take jar from freezer.jpg (26kb) downloaded 218 time(s).
7 - marvel at crystals.jpg (42kb) downloaded 216 time(s).
8 - pour through fiter.jpg (42kb) downloaded 217 time(s).
9 - marvel at crystals.jpg (20kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
10 - spice on smaller filter.jpg (36kb) downloaded 215 time(s).

ghostman
#12 Posted : 3/25/2010 9:30:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya wrote:
Wow. Note to self: Buy Funnel, Join the Mason-Jar Brotherhood! Smile

I sure do seem do be saying thank you a lot, but... Thank you Ghostman! Smile

That's a pleasure friend!

A funnel with filters and jim-jam jar will serve all of your needs.

I found the baking tray a pain to work with. I like to contain my precipitated crystals to a small surface area as opposed to spread out all over the place. Neat, tidy.

DeMenTed
#13 Posted : 3/25/2010 9:31:43 PM

Barry

Nice pics ghostman!