We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recurring Snake Dreams - Leaving Behind My Inner Python Options

aftertoke
#1 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:48:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

About a month and a half ago, I would say, I had a dream that was very vivid. I came across two snakes. On my left, there was a huge albino Burmese python. To the right of that was a huge boa constrictor. I felt overwhelming fear (which is unusual for me in a dream) and was bitten by the python before waking up.

Since then, I haven't seen that python. But that boa keeps showing up. The first dream I can remember the boa being in after I was bitten involved me swimming by myself in a dark pool. I noticed the boa lurking in the corner. It didn't feel like the snake "belonged to me" but it felt like I had some kind of strong personal connection with it. I still felt really uneasy about the snake and wasn't sure what its intentions were.

The last dream I had with the boa was last night. I was at a friends house who I haven't seen in a long time and she told me she just happened to have some spice that I could have. The snake was there with me and instead of feeling scared I felt completely at peace with it. I was so excited that I was going to get to try DMT. It turned out that what I had was, in fact, some ayahuasca ingredients. I don't really remember anything after ingesting it.

I've come up with a theory of what these snakes could represent. The old me was doing coke all the time and doing pills whenever I could. I made money off of drugs every chance I got. I would do bad things to people who didn't deserve it to get what I wanted and didn't have a problem with that. I was an asshole to my parents (who are a couple of the most caring people I know.) After my friends got raided, everything changed. I got stuck in a rut and didn't know how to function without drugs. Lately I've been trying to make changes in my life so I can become who I was meant to be.

I've been trying to help my parents out every chance I get. I started lifting weights again to try and become the strong person I know I should be. I've been nicer to people (both my friends and strangers) and I've been getting out there and meeting new girls and seeing friends I've lost touch with. I think the python that bit me in that first snake dream represents my old, toxic self. I think the boa represents what I'm trying to become. At first I was uneasy about some of the changes I've been making because some of them will lead to both happiness and pain. In the past, I've shielded myself from pain by being either angry or numb all the time.

The aggressive python is gone and the strong boa has taken its place. The uneasiness I felt with this boa is gone too and I'm happy with what I'm trying to do and who I'm trying to be. I don't know if this boa will remain in my dreams but I will do whatever is in my power to keep the transformation going and to keep myself from slipping back into my old ways.

I'd love to hear your opinions on this. I'd also like to hear about your own experiences with snakes in dreams.

I do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old. I seek what they sought.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

elofer
#2 Posted : 2/16/2010 3:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

from what ive experienced and seen repeatedly in dreams and otherwise is that everything there is is made of something very much like snakes at every scale..like the snake in your dream is one scale and the stars are the scales of a snake on another scale and all eyes reflect in alleyes on alll scales allways....
I find this place to be ot really scarry anymore..there is so much dogma from christianity regarding the intentions of snakes but the snakes don't feel like evil at all to me..just an endless sea of connection by the boies eyes and all senses of snakes..there can be nothing like evil in a place like that I think..too much unity
feel free to pm me if this is anything like what youve experienced with this
the mayans have alot of sculptures with guys being eaten by snakes, comming out of the mouth of snakkes, and life force represented as snakes...there might just be something to this