We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
How will chinese dominance change our world? Options

polytrip
#21 Posted : 2/7/2010 10:56:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
The reason i started this thread, is basically i see a slow movement in the west towards compliance with chinese demands.

We no longer talk about human rights. The dalai lama is slowly becoming an international paria.

So the main question is not about china but about us.

Do we believe in human rights? Will we offer asylum for political refugee's? Will our press remain free?

Are we gonna comply with international climate agreements we have made ourselves?
Are we gonna try making international trade fair, or are we gonna sucomb for the easy buck's?

We in the west have little time left to realize that it isn't economical leadership or military leadership the world needs, but moral leadership.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ohayoco
#22 Posted : 2/8/2010 12:40:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheer up Polytrip. All I've noticed from China is a hell of a lot of change in our direction. The West, on the other hand, has changed little. They've introduced things like property rights etc. Yes China is still deplorable when it comes to human rights but I think they'll continue to improve with time. They are now encouraging local cultural identity again, for example, a complete u-turn. Maybe they'll even end up ethically superior to Western leaders! Pleased

China says that the way it is going to become a superpower is to excel in green technology, thus leaving the oil-hungry stubborn West in the dust. That is a good thing for all of us.

As for the Dalai Lama... I mourn the way in which he was dethroned, but I do not mourn the fact that an entire nation is no longer ruled by a god-king dynasty, and a belligerent one at that (ask Bhutan what they think of his invading armies).

I hope that China continues to develop for the better, and I expect that will be the case, assuming that climate change does not lead to wars.

Also, I think the West is far too stubborn to allow China to change our ideology, however powerful they become.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

DMTripper
#23 Posted : 2/8/2010 2:19:32 AM

John Murdoch IV

You're going to see crazier things than China as the nr. 1 Superpower of the world in this lifetime. I expect a twist in the tale Smile Well I've seen the big picture more than once and even I don't remember exactly how it looks, I remember everything is in order Smile So I find no reason to worry over the small things like China taking over the world Razz hehe

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

mumbles
#24 Posted : 2/8/2010 3:09:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If china becomes a superpower who will be buying their mass produced goods? swim was under the impression china's growth comes from the masses producing garbage for export but if no one buys it what happens to those billion workers? There is also the issue of energy which is becomming less and less available. And then there is the fact the chinese are polluting themselves to death. I dont think the future is really as simple as china becomming the new USA.

Phlux-
#25 Posted : 2/8/2010 5:14:27 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

very nice post - virola78

in za or anywhere in africa - u can be hundreds or thosands of miles from civilization, literally in da boosh - and all of a sudden a chinese shop appears.
and they seem to be constant - like everywhere.
almost guarenteed - every single person in south africa lives within walking distance of a chinese shop.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Acolyte
#26 Posted : 2/8/2010 7:09:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
You're going to see crazier things than China as the nr. 1 Superpower of the world in this lifetime. I expect a twist in the tale Smile Well I've seen the big picture more than once and even I don't remember exactly how it looks, I remember everything is in order Smile So I find no reason to worry over the small things like China taking over the world Razz hehe

DMTripper i agree with your shadowy insight 1000%.

The NEXT 15 YEARS will see a TREMENDOUS amount of change. The next 50 will be unrecognizable. Theoretically, according to the exponential pace of change, the next hundred years of human development will match the PACE OF THE PAST 10,000 years!!!! Think of everything that's happened: plumbing, democracy, writing, air planes, etc. This scale of development must be redone.

China? I've been to China a traveled 3,000 miles of the place overland. Sure I met a few wonderful people, but shit's intense AND falling apart. Here's why you can rest your Western Eyes in peace: China's main game is FRAUD.

- They have an unbalanced guy:girl ratio by about 300 million too many guys. historically this surplus means great instability.

- Apply the "made in china" attitude to their critical infrastructure works

- Have a closed-off government that lies and lies and lies AND LIES; expect ALL financial reports to be WAY OFF

- Rude, selfish, "me first, or i'll CUT YOU" general attitude of a people raised in communist sacristy

- The Communist Party of China is SOLELY accountable to a small, corrupt elite

- Their economy is greatly dependent on Western exports (although a sizable western-style middle class is slowly gaining hold and now able to buy goods internally); we get hit, china gets hit 10x harder.

- RETCHED LEVELS of pollution; imagine all the gunk of our industrial revolution getting puked out over the span of 15 years on the scale of a billion people, and with fancy modern chemicals, not just soot and oil like in the old days...

China will have some serious growing pains to deal with before they can become any substantial "threat" to western "dominance." Also, a strong China isn't anything to fear. No two countries hosting McDonlads have ever gone to war with one another!Very happy

a

?

Virola78
#27 Posted : 2/8/2010 8:23:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:

Cool
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

polytrip
#28 Posted : 2/8/2010 10:06:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Acolyte wrote:
DMTripper wrote:

DMTripper i agree with your shadowy insight 1000%.

The NEXT 15 YEARS will see a TREMENDOUS amount of change. The next 50 will be unrecognizable. Theoretically, according to the exponential pace of change, the next hundred years of human development will match the PACE OF THE PAST 10,000 years!!!! Think of everything that's happened: plumbing, democracy, writing, air planes, etc. This scale of development must be redone.

China? I've been to China a traveled 3,000 miles of the place overland. Sure I met a few wonderful people, but shit's intense AND falling apart. Here's why you can rest your Western Eyes in peace: China's main game is FRAUD.

- They have an unbalanced guy:girl ratio by about 300 million too many guys. historically this surplus means great instability.

- Apply the "made in china" attitude to their critical infrastructure works

- Have a closed-off government that lies and lies and lies AND LIES; expect ALL financial reports to be WAY OFF

- Rude, selfish, "me first, or i'll CUT YOU" general attitude of a people raised in communist sacristy

- The Communist Party of China is SOLELY accountable to a small, corrupt elite

- Their economy is greatly dependent on Western exports (although a sizable western-style middle class is slowly gaining hold and now able to buy goods internally); we get hit, china gets hit 10x harder.

- RETCHED LEVELS of pollution; imagine all the gunk of our industrial revolution getting puked out over the span of 15 years on the scale of a billion people, and with fancy modern chemicals, not just soot and oil like in the old days...

China will have some serious growing pains to deal with before they can become any substantial "threat" to western "dominance." Also, a strong China isn't anything to fear. No two countries hosting McDonlads have ever gone to war with one another!Very happy

a

Those are interesting points.
Though also a bit saddening.

polytrip
#29 Posted : 2/8/2010 10:16:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ohayoco wrote:
Cheer up Polytrip. All I've noticed from China is a hell of a lot of change in our direction. The West, on the other hand, has changed little. They've introduced things like property rights etc. Yes China is still deplorable when it comes to human rights but I think they'll continue to improve with time. They are now encouraging local cultural identity again, for example, a complete u-turn. Maybe they'll even end up ethically superior to Western leaders! Pleased

China says that the way it is going to become a superpower is to excel in green technology, thus leaving the oil-hungry stubborn West in the dust. That is a good thing for all of us.

As for the Dalai Lama... I mourn the way in which he was dethroned, but I do not mourn the fact that an entire nation is no longer ruled by a god-king dynasty, and a belligerent one at that (ask Bhutan what they think of his invading armies).

I hope that China continues to develop for the better, and I expect that will be the case, assuming that climate change does not lead to wars.

Also, I think the West is far too stubborn to allow China to change our ideology, however powerful they become.

The tibetan story has many sides. I'm not a fan of the tibetan version of budhism, but the tibetan culture has A-significantly contributed to the western culture, it has brought many westerners in contact with a form of spirituality that was totally new to us. B-improved under the influence of budhism and also the current dalai lama.
originally the tibetans where savages. There are still elements of that felt in it's culture today.

I think that without the influence of the dalai lama, many more tibetans would have engaged in violent protests, wich would in it's turn have lead to an even more radical opression of the tibetan people.

Whether we in the west are stubborn enough to hold on to what is REALLY important to us, i don't know. I certainly hope so.

GreenD
#30 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:29:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well unfortunately China's biological ideas via government are even more lacking than ours.

The biosphere will suffer, but other than that, they are going to be the dominant people (thank god). I fucking hate us white people.Very happy

mumbles
#31 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

GreenD wrote:
The biosphere will suffer, but other than that, they are going to be the dominant people (thank god). I fucking hate us white people.Very happy
Get ready to kiss your polluted mutant overlords Very happy

GreenD
#32 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:48:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

mumbles wrote:
GreenD wrote:
Get ready to kiss your polluted mutant overlords Very happy

They lead the world in production of solar cells (I think)... yet they don't fucking care to use them! Excuse my francais

PREV12