We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Advice for better OEVs Options

uirhsvrer
#1 Posted : 10/31/2021 2:21:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just for background I am quite experienced with DMT (lots of breakthoughs and so on).

Lately I have been interested in OEVs on DMT but I am having some problems with them. In sub-breakthough doses they are quite mild (while the CEVs are crazy) and in breakthough doses although they are strong (and sometimes they merge with the CEVs like it is supposed to be) they are still not so strong as they used to be (not so much IN YOUR FACE: i.e. they dont materialize in front of me and envelope the external world as I expected).

Maybe this is cause I got accostumed during some time to do everything with the eyes closed but I am not sure (eyes open tend to kill the fantasy, lately).

Any advice to improve (or recover) my OEVs? Some ideas I have are:

1)Try in other places or smaller and darker rooms (doesn't seem to work the few times I tried).

2)Start with the eyes closed and open them (if I had "eyes" to open ahahah) in the middle of the breakthough (this doesn't seem to work very well the times I tried: as soon as I open the eyes I lose most of the geometrical visions and just retain some strong mindfuck and confussion).

3)Which external environment or room or video do you recommend?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bismillah
#2 Posted : 10/31/2021 2:35:57 AM

My Personalized Tag

This is bad practise but probably my favourite thing to do is get high and walk by myself at night, on a foresty path. The trees and darkness and sounds of crickets swallow me like an ocean. It's not exactly a light show but it is one of my personal pleasures. I am musician and when I do this I always come back with a groove in my head.
I don't do it too much though.

There are substances similar to DMT which are known for being more visual. 4-ACO-DMT? I don't remember exactly but you can find a whole list of substituted tryptamines ("research chemicals" ) and a description of their traits online
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

ThomLi
#3 Posted : 10/31/2021 6:45:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I have found, is that DMT Open Eye Visuals will generally not produce much in the way of new objects or outlandish phenomena. By that I mean, it's not like mushrooms where one sees faces in the walls; nor is it like LSD where one can potentially see animated cartoonish figures. The way the OEVs manifest for me, is, as though the environment phasing or scanning up or down through many dimensions. It's very intriguing to be a part of, where the room is shifting into so many different dimensions in the blink of an eye. Occasionally the world will take on a plasticine or toy doll-house type quality. That's my experience.

I have heard, however, that with a high dose of pharmahuasca, the elves can be visible with eyes wide open. That would be something incredible to experience someday.

Sunnyside
#4 Posted : 10/31/2021 1:35:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
... probably my favourite thing to do is get high and walk by myself at night, on a foresty path. The trees and darkness and sounds of crickets swallow me like an ocean...

Yeah, I like this idea

In the context of open-eyed visuals/visions, I have come to believe that the dimethyltryptamine loves/desires/seeks out large-scale objects and open spaces. Cliff walls. Coastline. Ocean shore. Clouds. Mountains. Cliff walls. Trees. Dimensional landscapes - Forest (see: bismillah), gardens, fields, a wooded campsite. Cliff walls...

I'm not talking about dosages where I wouldn't know what eyeballs are, let alone if my eyes are open or closed. Just easy-going, maybe 'sight-seeing' travels.

Each and every time I'm gifted with such visions, I'm so grateful and happy.

But here's the thing - there are times when I feel the gratitude is coming back at me *FROM* the spice.

That's why I'm convinced the DMT is seeking out those experiences.

In my opinion, anyway.
It's probably different for everyody else.
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

null24
#5 Posted : 10/31/2021 4:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Some people just seem to be more or less visual-oriented. I once met a man at a psychedelic meetup who said up until he tried them, he had never been able to see anything behind his eyelids, so to speak. I do not know how to answer your questions. Reading your post's title I wanted to sarcastcally say "Smoalk Moar", but you say you have broken through...

I don't know, I am one of those people who easily visualizes even in sober states. Do you dream well? If you close your eyes and try, can you picture an image in your head? When you read a fiction book or listen to a story, do you picture it in your head?

Setting is always a influencing factor in a trip and maybe a more relaxed environment if there is one relative to what you usually trip in could help, but honestly I do not see how that would be a factor. Interesting questions you have.

Oh, and I forgot, so EDIT: welcome!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

starway7
#6 Posted : 10/31/2021 9:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With me rue sublingual or tea.... 40 minutes before smoking spice turns on the CEVs and open eye visions quite strongly...

Im mean ..im sitting there... and the walls turn into colorfull fractals..and the rug or floor under my feet turns into a moving river..before long i cant recognize my room anymore..im traveling through DMT space...

I think Rue makes spice work better and longer...slows it down some so you can navagate and remember the experiance..

uirhsvrer
#7 Posted : 10/31/2021 11:53:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Some people just seem to be more or less visual-oriented. I once met a man at a psychedelic meetup who said up until he tried them, he had never been able to see anything behind his eyelids, so to speak. I do not know how to answer your questions. Reading your post's title I wanted to sarcastcally say "Smoalk Moar", but you say you have broken through...

I don't know, I am one of those people who easily visualizes even in sober states. Do you dream well? If you close your eyes and try, can you picture an image in your head? When you read a fiction book or listen to a story, do you picture it in your head?

Setting is always a influencing factor in a trip and maybe a more relaxed environment if there is one relative to what you usually trip in could help, but honestly I do not see how that would be a factor. Interesting questions you have.

Oh, and I forgot, so EDIT: welcome!

Thank you Smile
I think I haven't explained myself celarly enough.
I have had CRAZY VISUALS in the past, both OEVs and CEVs (and this merging that it is produced in breakthoughs)
The problem is that lately I find my OEVs too inconsistent and sometimes mild (specially at sub-breakthoughs but also when I open my eyes in breakthoughs) and not so strong than they used to be in some occasions in the past
However, the CEVs are equally intense if not more.

So I am asking about which things or tips can favour better OEVs for the other people.

uirhsvrer
#8 Posted : 10/31/2021 11:54:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

starway7 wrote:
With me rue sublingual or tea.... 40 minutes before smoking spice turns on the CEVs and open eye visions quite strongly...

Im mean ..im sitting there... and the walls turn into colorfull fractals..and the rug or floor under my feet turns into a moving river..before long i cant recognize my room anymore..im traveling through DMT space...

I think Rue makes spice work better and longer...slows it down some so you can navagate and remember the experiance..

Yes, I have heard things similar in the past. Maybe I can give it a try

ThanksThumbs up

null24
#9 Posted : 11/1/2021 1:28:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying. I would also suggest adding some rue to your mix one way or another. Good luck, post back your findings...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 11/1/2021 10:28:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to suggest journeying in a fasted state. Usually intensifies any psychedelic, and in doing so with DMT will hopefully give you more of the OEVs you're looking for.

Good luck. Let us know what works and what doesn't.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 11/2/2021 9:14:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1-Cannabis boosts visuals, but then again, it enhances everything psychedelic.
2-The place you're in..the darker the better.
It can also help to be in a different environment than you normally are. Being in another room can make a big difference.
3-Bufotenine. It's extremely visual. Yopo is the best source of bufotenine, and a small amount of yopo combines very well with almost any other psychedelic. It is not very strong mentally, but pretty euphoric.
4-Metocin is also very visual, as well as mild in it's mental effects. Thus ideal to combine with DMT, ayahuasca, shrooms, etc.
5-Good state of mind. Be as open as you can. Intrusive thoughts can sometimes distract from the visuals. This is particularly the case when these thoughts take a lot of your mental energy.
6-Make sure you're comfortable. An uncomfortable body position, coldness, etc, can also distract. Basically anything that eats mental energy can diminish visuals.
7-Tolerance. A high tolerance for psychedelics is probably the number 1 visual killer. Don't do psychedelics too often. Even DMT. A break of a few months every now and then keeps it all fresh.

uirhsvrer
#12 Posted : 11/2/2021 10:05:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your adviceThumbs up
2, 5 and 7 can be quite useful I think!

uirhsvrer
#13 Posted : 11/2/2021 10:07:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
1-Cannabis boosts visuals, but then again, it enhances everything psychedelic.
2-The place you're in..the darker the better.
It can also help to be in a different environment than you normally are. Being in another room can make a big difference.
3-Bufotenine. It's extremely visual. Yopo is the best source of bufotenine, and a small amount of yopo combines very well with almost any other psychedelic. It is not very strong mentally, but pretty euphoric.
4-Metocin is also very visual, as well as mild in it's mental effects. Thus ideal to combine with DMT, ayahuasca, shrooms, etc.
5-Good state of mind. Be as open as you can. Intrusive thoughts can sometimes distract from the visuals. This is particularly the case when these thoughts take a lot of your mental energy.
6-Make sure you're comfortable. An uncomfortable body position, coldness, etc, can also distract. Basically anything that eats mental energy can diminish visuals.
7-Tolerance. A high tolerance for psychedelics is probably the number 1 visual killer. Don't do psychedelics too often. Even DMT. A break of a few months every now and then keeps it all fresh.

Thank you for your advice Thumbs up
2, 5 and 7 can be quite useful I think!

VibeSurfer
#14 Posted : 11/2/2021 10:45:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience it's about dosage and how much you do for your brain on a regular basis. If you are getting sleep, hanging out with friends, having relationships, exercising, eating better, and actively completing tasks your brain is going to be stronger and DMT will show you more fireworks. How you feel about your set and setting amplifies psychedelics by a million but with DMT it's more like a billion.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo