We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a few more film suggestions while i'm at it Options

elofer
#1 Posted : 1/27/2010 12:16:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok then a few more I think are worth checking out... the fountian...uuuuhhh this is beautifull!!!! I think i've watched it about 10 times....hogfather and the color of magic..still working on these but they are very cool, a bit tuned for a younger crowd though.....alien visitor..woman from epsilon accidentally lands on earth and meets a man in the desert who goes on to change the world whith what she taught him..excellent!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 1/27/2010 3:51:38 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

linky no worky

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

elofer
#3 Posted : 1/27/2010 5:02:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ohh well those wern't acually links..just for yur refrence

Kartikay
#4 Posted : 1/27/2010 5:51:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Fountain is a must see.

I saw it twice in theaters, once at Thanksgiving either 2 or 3 years ago when it was out. My friend, her mom and her sister ended up having like a 3 hour long spiritual bonding talk afterward.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

#5 Posted : 1/27/2010 9:26:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Fountain:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=G2YBOTO8
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Virola78
#6 Posted : 1/31/2010 1:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Strong coffee and some of the finest hash. The sun is shining crystal clear today. Still chilly though, and there is even snow outside. But snow wont fool me. The blackbirds are already singing of sun, flowers and sex. And i remember that song... i hear it every year. Time to wake up. Spring is on its way!! Very happy

Thx for the tips and link : )
Going to watch the movie now..

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

elofer
#7 Posted : 1/31/2010 9:06:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO the fountian is on of the moe brilliant films of this century

Morphane
#8 Posted : 2/1/2010 4:46:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was extremely disappointed with The Fountain. I was expecting hard science fiction, not a disjointed, mystical exploration of one man's love for a woman through three different epochs of time. I still feel nauseous thinking about it.

One of the better films I've seen recently is a film by Duncan Jones called Moon. I was expecting hard science fiction, and was rewarded. However, the film also has some very mystical insights into the nature of identity, which blew my mind, and left me in a transcendent mood for days afterwards.

Definitely check it out if you liked 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q

Kartikay
#9 Posted : 2/1/2010 6:40:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moon looks really good. I'm downloading it now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I definitely liked The Fountain though Smile I care less about the love story and more about the "Death is the road to awe" realizations of the characters. That's a truth that I've brought back from my trips, so it was nice to see it in a popular movie.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

ambi-lysergance
#10 Posted : 2/1/2010 3:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just watched "the fountain" and must say I found it to be a stunning and rewarding piece.

I am going to watch "moon" later tonight.

thanks for the suggestions people great stuff!Wink
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

#11 Posted : 2/1/2010 10:56:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

seeing as this has gone on a bit of a sci-fi tangent - "Primer" is a really good, low budget, time travel movie. I thought it was excellent.

If anyone else can recommend some good movies along these lines it'd be cool!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Virola78
#12 Posted : 2/2/2010 6:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Morphane wrote:
I was extremely disappointed with The Fountain. I was expecting hard science fiction, not a disjointed, mystical exploration of one man's love for a woman through three different epochs of time. I still feel nauseous thinking about it.

One of the better films I've seen recently is a film by Duncan Jones called Moon. I was expecting hard science fiction, and was rewarded. However, the film also has some very mystical insights into the nature of identity, which blew my mind, and left me in a transcendent mood for days afterwards.

Definitely check it out if you liked 2001.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q

I will see it tonight..

WOOW
long time since ive seen a sci-fi film THAT good
Thx for the tip dude

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.