We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My Machine Options

Aoutiv
#1 Posted : 11/6/2009 2:00:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used a single serving Absolut vodka bottle, a dremel with two diamond drill bits (one for hole, other for design), and Scotch Brite Stainless Steel scrubbing pad (this the right kind?). It took about 35 minutes (60 minutes if you include purchasing the materials).

I decided to get a little carried away with the precision diamond drill bit and here is what I came up with. In case you can't tell whats on it--on one side it says "The Machine", on the other side is the dmt molecule, on the bottom is a pie design, and on the cap is the ohm symbol. Enjoy.
Aoutiv attached the following image(s):
DSCN3457.JPG (797kb) downloaded 1,358 time(s).
DSCN3454.JPG (885kb) downloaded 1,347 time(s).
DSCN3456.JPG (639kb) downloaded 1,349 time(s).
DSCN3452.JPG (316kb) downloaded 1,353 time(s).
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
-Watts-

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."
-Huxley-

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ancientpledge
#2 Posted : 11/6/2009 2:18:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice! I especially like the molecule. You did a great job on the entire piece, it's gonna be sweet to have around Very happy

DMTripper
#3 Posted : 11/6/2009 2:44:40 AM

John Murdoch IV

Good work Smile
And how does it work for you?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

sameoldsongam
#4 Posted : 11/6/2009 3:35:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that's awesome. Smile

Madcap
#5 Posted : 11/6/2009 4:04:07 AM

illudium Q-36

Very very cool! Nice touches
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

69ron
#6 Posted : 11/6/2009 4:40:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aoutiv, I never thought of using a Dremel for that purpose. I have those diamond bits sitting around. How easy was it to make that hole? How long did that part take?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

antrocles
#7 Posted : 11/6/2009 5:54:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

very nice artistic flair my friend....you are like the picasso of dremelfication! Pleased

thanks for sharing your creative fruits!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 11/6/2009 7:57:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it!

(don't forget to burn the coating off of the brillo before using your new machine.

Aoutiv
#9 Posted : 11/6/2009 8:37:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper: I have not used it yet, was oh pharmahuasca tonight (so intense, twas like mushroomsx100).

69ron: I had two different diamond bits in the set, a ball and a longer type one. The hole was not easy to make, but not too difficult. I made an intial tiny hole, then just swirled it around (if that makes sense). I ruined one of the bits because I let it get to hot and it like, melted the diamond part away (dont ask me how). It probably took 20 minutes, but was all I had to work with. A drill with diamond bit would be MUCH quicker.

obliguhl: Ya, I took the steel back out, flamed it with torch lighter. It turned darker then as I was putting it in flakes started to fall off. I did not want to inhale these flakes so I ran it under hot water which seemed to do the trick.

Everyone else: Thanks for the compliments. I tend to get carried away with such things. I'm glad other people can enjoy it (even though it's just pictures :/). I shall test it tomorrow sometime and report back on how well it worked. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Peace
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
-Watts-

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."
-Huxley-

Espiridion
#10 Posted : 11/10/2009 11:58:45 AM

--who.??..ME??--

If anyone wants to cut a hole in glass quickly, then go to the hardware store and buy a glass and tile bit. It is flat and tapered from tip to back with a bit of a curve. They work GREAT!!! And take about twenty seconds. Three, four backs tops.

Nice machine!!! Love the molecule and the OM.

I'll take two!!

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

corridors of my cells
#11 Posted : 11/10/2009 12:11:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hahahaha ... very cool machine Very happyVery happy ... im jealous we exchange the machines? Razz

Kisper
#12 Posted : 11/15/2009 10:44:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love the molecule. Nice work overall. Smile
Isn't role-playing fun?

Jurema
#13 Posted : 12/30/2009 8:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanna know how this worked for you so I can make one. Doesn't the mouth piece get warm?

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 12/31/2009 3:54:34 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

very nice.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

smokeydaze
#15 Posted : 12/31/2009 4:01:13 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Great job.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

camakazi
#16 Posted : 12/31/2009 5:38:00 AM

RUN DMT

lovely bit of work on that machine there. I thought about engraving my machine with design, but Im afraid my skills with a pencil are bad enough without adding a powertool to the equasion.

"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

darkstate
#17 Posted : 12/31/2009 1:36:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love it Very happy
"In chemistry, not quite right means out and out wrong" - Alexander Shulgin

amor_fati
#18 Posted : 1/21/2010 6:35:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Aoutiv, I'm going to feature the photos of your design in the general wiki article for "The Machine," credit you, and add reference links to this thread. Thanks for sharing, this is probably about the pinnacle of the classic "machine" design.

C12H16N2
#19 Posted : 6/11/2010 6:24:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

On drilling the hole in the glass: SWIM has had very good luck with water pipe making if you can get an extra set of hands (BE CAREFUL) to hold the glass piece under running COOL water. This will keep the glass from heating up and cracking.

Beautiful pipe.