We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first lightbulb pipe! Options

TrigZu
#1 Posted : 12/18/2009 8:16:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, so here's what it looks like together. It's a light bulb, 2 straws, some electrical tape, & a toothbrush container. Not too shabby eh? MacGyver must be a relative of mine. Very happy I haven't tried it with DMT yet, but it appears to be functioning correctly. Eventually I might add another bulb and make it a bong type device. Smile

Here are the two pieces individually.

And alas, a picture of it with a simple 2 liter soda cap atop of it. The electrical tape with the cap provides an airtight seal. Which may offer the opportunity for a freeze precipitation container. Though admittedly, I haven't done too much research on how it is done. I would hate for it to break in the freezer or something homosexual like that. I'll do some stress tests before I use real DMT. That light bulb glass is very thin! But it takes the lighter pretty well, so I don't think freezing it will be too big of an issue. I'm more worried about water expansion. But we'll see after I do some more research! Very happy

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

amor_fati
#2 Posted : 12/18/2009 9:11:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

This is how SWIM started out, and he hated it...total waste of spice. SWIM's used many methods (all variations of "The Machine") that have all worked rather well since then, but this is what he uses now that works incredibly well: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Amor_f...ini-Machine_Bubbler_Stem

It's much simpler than a bulb and works a million times better. Definitely use a bubbler, whether improvised or not. The glass of this piece doesn't heat up much near the base if used properly, and SWIM regularly handles it and cools it down carefully by hand while in hyperspace, so it would be easily adaptable to all manner of improvised bubblers.

q21q21
#3 Posted : 12/18/2009 9:32:15 PM

SWIM

SWIM seconds that. He considers the 250-300 mg he smoked in a bulb wasted as well.

Not to say it isn't an awesome looking pipe, but SWIM's simpler machine designs produce a good 3-5 times more effective vapor and 10x easier too.

This is swim's pipe and he has had NO PROBLEM breaking through. He actually went too far last night, although he isn't put off of the spice, it was just too much Razz

Here's a piture of SWIM's

You could use a lightbulb too, but a thicker one would be advised. Some of the Halogen ones might be good. SWIM has used a tiny 7W but it is a little too small.

How SWIM puts a hole in his is simple: Hold firmly agains a flat wall and use any pen and tap lightly first then harder until it cracks. Has worked 100% for swim.

Pop a bit of a copper kitchen scrubber (make sure to burn off the polish) SWIM makes a mini-bowl in the top of the ball so he melts it from the bottom and tokes while he melts it to make sure none escapes.
Then he turns the pipe around and puts the flame 2-3 inches below where the spice melted into and watches the magic vapor stream into his lungs and BAM!!!

I assure you the machine is worth it, even if it sounds complicated. Never a miss-fire!

Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

amor_fati
#4 Posted : 12/18/2009 10:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Nice, q21q21! Are the edges where SWIY broke the hole sharp, at all? If they are, you can use a butane torch to dull them very easily. The same method can be used to seal up any cracks if they develop, as well. SWIM's not sure why he used to lament about not being able to find Hennessy bottles locally or not being very good at putting holes in bottles when there are so many simple alternatives.

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 12/19/2009 12:20:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A hardcore way to make holes in glass ! Cool
http://amasci.com/weird/...owave/voltage2.html#foil

hotiso
#6 Posted : 12/19/2009 2:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I definitely agree with everyone else. The light bulb method nearly wasted 300mg of Dmt for me. One scavenged the wasted insides and scraped what recrystallized. And smoked out of a bong. MUCH BETTER.
EVERYTHING SAID ABOVE IS BASED ON A FICTIONAL STORY. I, AND SWIM ARE ONE IN THE SAME FICTIONAL PERSON.

TrigZu
#7 Posted : 12/21/2009 5:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I've only tried my pipe so far, but I think my bulb can work. I'll probably be using bong next.