We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Best DMT Smoking Pipe? Options

Angel_Above
#1 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:09:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I had an oil burner and an 18" bong with perc and ice cather, but neither are with us today (accidents happen :-\)

I wonder if I should invest in another bong, which will take a long time, or try to get a vaporizer of sorts?

I tried the lightbulb thing with DMT, but that didn't work well because the butane lighter would get the glass too hot and once the DMT crystal turned to liquid, it would crack the bottom out.

Would a regular bubbler work? That's the cheapest option as of now.

I just wanna be able to try my spice Smile

I have 2.5 grams. Any good storing techniqes as well?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/19/2009 5:35:41 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Well it mostly depends on what works for you.

You could try a regular mj pipe with some kind of herb underneath and on top of the dmt, that will work fine

Or try the same thing but in a bubbler or bong.

Or invest in the volcano, vapor genie, or any other of the vaporizers out there.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Angel_Above
#3 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:03:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If I had a leaf substance (heard parsley works well) on the bottom of the bowl and on top of the DMT (sandwich style), and I hold the flame over it for a few seconds to allow the DMT to melt into the parsley, would I be able to hit it normally?

If so, I'll probably invest in a bubbler so I can still smoke my mj and then throw some DMT in the mix when the time is right.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:50:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Machine
Vaporgenie
Vaporstar
Leaf bed method /Enhanced leaf

Read about these methods/tools

endlessness
#5 Posted : 11/19/2009 10:34:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

vaporgenie yeah

as for storing method, in some dark airtight container in the freezer Pleased

Madcap
#6 Posted : 11/19/2009 3:22:53 PM

illudium Q-36

my vote would go to glass vaporgenie... if I knew what that was Smile
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 11/19/2009 4:53:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

^^^^^^^^^ it's a vaporizing pipe made outta wood or glass that uses a ceramic heating element to heat up your product to sub-combustion temperatures. I'm probly gonna get one eventually, it's a vape procedure that spares you the use of a jet lighter.

Personally, I stand by my crack pipe (which the head-shop owner explained was actually a "stealth pipe" where the flame is sucked through the hole in the bulb and essentially creates a one hitter that doesnt smoke) which is basically a one hitter with a glass on glass joint and a bulb with a hole in the end. The lighter has to be a certain distance from the glass, but it's pretty much a guaranteed breakthrough. Seriously, even when i was learning how to smoke with it and definitely burned my spice, I was still breaking through with two hits from it Shocked Very happy
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

WSaged
#8 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dig the VG for MJ, but it never worked so great for vaporizing DMT for me.
If I could afford it right now, I'd probably pickup one of the new glass VG's.
Being able to when & how the vapor is forming would help a lot I think!

Here is my vote.
Using a waterpipe, or a bubbler with a bit of Brillo in the bowl (like the Machine but so much better) has always been the smoothest & easiest way for me to smoke DMT...by far!!

But be aware that not all waterpipes & bubblers work as well for this as others may!! It may take trying a few of them before you find one that works perfectly.
In that link, I explain what I consider ideal for this kind of use.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel_Above
#9 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I thought brillo had stuff in it that made it bad to smoke?

What about fine steel wool(the one that doesn't go up in flame on contact).

WSaged
#10 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Angel_Above wrote:

You do need to prepare it!!
By burning off the brassy looking coating...I use a torch lighter to do this, because a regular bic-type lighter leaves a black soot.
I heat it directly till it is red hot & no longer smoking at all. Make sure every bit that you are going to put in your bowl has glowed red before you are done!

Then I run it under some hot water to clean off any soot or ash left from burning off the brassy coating.
I dry it by wrapping it in a paper towel & gently pushing on it, this takes care of the majority of the water, but I also then let it sit out & air dry until it is totally dry.

To use, I make a coil with it & tightly stuff it into the bowl...put my dose on top of the Brillo & use the torch lighter to heat the outside of the glass bowl just enough to start the spice melting into the bowl.
I let the DMT finish melting it the Brillo by itself & then usually let it cool.

I then use a regular Bic lighter to vaporize it, by holding the flame over the bowl, just close enough to keep a constant flow of vapor.
Which means the distance between the Brillo & the flame is constantly varied to keep it vaporizing smoothly...but not burning it!!

BTW...Steel wool is way too thin, even if it doesn't burn up (which it will), it is not thick enough to actually hold the DMT oil once it melts...so it'll just run out the bottom.
A wide metal mesh (steel or brass) like Brillo, gives the DMT oil a path to run along & while it does, it is also vaporized perfectly.

Glass "oil-bulb" pipes don't work very well, because DMT oil actually runs away from the heat. Once the vapor starts, the oil runs away from the hottest point on the glass & spreads it so thin that getting & keeping a good steady vapor is nearly impossible...especially by yourself!

Using a piece of Brillo, or other wide metal mesh like that, actually uses this fact to keep good vaporization happening.
You heat the Brillo just enough to start the vapor & the DMT runs along the wire mesh, but the heat diffuses out to the entire wire mesh & the oil has nowhere to run that doesn't vaporize it.
That is if you get the technique down right & you are not burning things!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

gammagore
#11 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
Angel_Above wrote:

By burning off the brassy looking coating...I use a torch lighter to do this, because a regular bic-type lighter leaves a black soot.
I heat it directly till it is red hot & no longer smoking at all. Make sure every bit that you are going to put in your bowl has glowed red before you are done!

Then I run it under some hot water to clean off any soot or ash left from burning off the brassy coating.
I dry it by wrapping it in a paper towel & gently pushing on it, this takes care of the majority of the water, but I also then let it sit out & air dry until it is totally dry.

To use, I make a coil with it & tightly stuff it into the bowl...put my dose on top of the Brillo & use the torch lighter to heat the outside of the glass bowl just enough to start the spice melting into the bowl.
I let the DMT finish melting it the Brillo by itself & then usually let it cool.

I then use a regular Bic lighter to vaporize it, by holding the flame over the bowl, just close enough to keep a constant flow of vapor.
Which means the distance between the Brillo & the flame is constantly varied to keep it vaporizing smoothly...but not burning it!!

BTW...Steel wool is way too thin, even if it doesn't burn up (which it will), it is not thick enough to actually hold the DMT oil once it melts...so it'll just run out the bottom.
A wide metal mesh (steel or brass) like Brillo, gives the DMT oil a path to run along & while it does, it is also vaporized perfectly.

Glass "oil-bulb" pipes don't work very well, because DMT oil actually runs away from the heat. Once the vapor starts, the oil runs away from the hottest point on the glass & spreads it so thin that getting & keeping a good steady vapor is nearly impossible...especially by yourself!

Using a piece of Brillo, or other wide metal mesh like that, actually uses this fact to keep good vaporization happening.
You heat the Brillo just enough to start the vapor & the DMT runs along the wire mesh, but the heat diffuses out to the entire wire mesh & the oil has nowhere to run that doesn't vaporize it.

WS

Nice, well put!!

This I will try.

Angel_Above
#12 Posted : 11/19/2009 7:41:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WSaged wrote:
Angel_Above wrote:

WS

Quick uestion about the "flame over the bowl" part.

When I put the DMT on the brillo, then make it liquid using a torch lighter on the outside, will I be burning it when I use the flame from the lighter?

When I use bic lighters and bongs, I always suck in the flame so it touches whatever substance is in my pipe (usually mj). But as I see it, if I suck in the flame and the DMT liquid is ON TOP OF THE BRILLO, I feel it will burn off the DMT and I won't get vapor.

Or am I supposed to put the DMT on top of the brillo, then take it out let it dry, and put it in the bowl piece upside-down to ensure the DMT won't get directly hit by the flame?

Sorry for all the questions. It's hard to figure out a seemingly-difficult technique with only text to read... I'd like to see it in action!

Madcap
#13 Posted : 11/19/2009 8:31:34 PM

illudium Q-36

I think WS stated it pretty well. Once you melt the spice into the brillo...you won't see it anymore. It spreads around on all the little strands of steel. Don't let your bic flame actually touch the brillo...you only want the heat.

I tell my friends that no matter how careful they are... they are going to waste some dmt (one way or another) as they get the hang of it.

Either they are going to be too careful with it and never get enough at once.... or they are going to burn some up. Its just not easy the first few times. You now know a good technique... practice practice practice

All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

WSaged
#14 Posted : 11/19/2009 9:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Madcapv2 wrote:
Once you melt the spice into the brillo...you won't see it anymore. It spreads around on all the little strands of steel. Don't let your bic flame actually touch the brillo...you only want the heat.

I tell my friends that no matter how careful they are... they are going to waste some dmt (one way or another) as they get the hang of it.

Either they are going to be too careful with it and never get enough at once.... or they are going to burn some up. Its just not easy the first few times. You now know a good technique... practice practice practice

^^We have an "A" student up here!!!Wink

This is really very easy...I may have over explained it.

WS

elofer
#15 Posted : 11/19/2009 11:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow this in my opinion is overcomplication of the process.. again IN MY OPINION it is alot easier to just disolve your spice in acetone and soak it up with a nice herb of mix of herbz..like red clover blossoms and salvia leaf ( 50/50 mix) then its simply a matter of making shure you get all the material turned black, I hear putting some plain herbs at the bottom of the bowl is a good idea to catch amy melted oil. But it seems that with a proper mix that the herb actually re-absorbs the melting oils.

ice in the bong, filling the stem..a pinch of clover to work as a screen, a pinch of enhanced clover...breakthrouggh everytime.

State of the Mind
#16 Posted : 11/29/2009 7:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
http://helixpipe.com/

SWIM wouldn't complain if SWIM got one of these as a Christmas present. *Hint Hint* Laughing

That has to be the best vaporiser SWIM has seen so far. However it does look very delicate, not to mention expensive. Also as SWIM normally smokes DMT on his own, if he was to accidental drop it as he is fired into Hyperspace, that would be a lot of money down the drain. Rolling eyes

Wasn't my find though, link was found here:
Quote:
http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7857
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

ThatsALotOfNuts
#17 Posted : 11/30/2009 1:15:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bong with ashes works really well (especially big bong for smoother smoke) and also glass bottle that a friend has, with brillo and a hole at the bottom worked very good! I wanna try Helix Pipe and glass VG but they are FCKNG expensive Smile
All posts are fictional. Similarities with real events, people, trolls, mermaids and aliens are coincidental.

ThatsALotOfNuts
#18 Posted : 11/30/2009 1:26:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And a question.. Do you use the pipes you smoke dmt with for mj etc? Cause the dmt smell doesn't seem to go away..
All posts are fictional. Similarities with real events, people, trolls, mermaids and aliens are coincidental.

jamie
#19 Posted : 11/30/2009 2:14:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I never really liked smoking other things out of my DMT pipe besides bufotenine..I dunno why but when I smoked lots of cannabis I always had to clean my DMT pipe after if I smoked cannabis from it.. I like a clean pipe to blast off with..nothing other than DMT resin or some bufotenine resin in it..

It always seemed much easier to get the cahnga or just DMT to vaporise right in a clean bown with no cannabis residue..the weed resin always heats up and sticks to it and makes it hard to vape..
Long live the unwoke.

Pandora
#20 Posted : 11/30/2009 2:28:20 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

My freebase bubbler cost $12.00 new and it is the most efficient, gentle sacrament delivery device I have tried to date. Load enough in and breakthrough every time without feeling like you should deposit a lung at the door. . .

Peace & Love,
Pandora
Pandora attached the following image(s):
breakthrough.jpg (48kb) downloaded 275 time(s).
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

12NEXT